Page 263 of 277 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 4155

That was certainly heartwarming. And great to see old faces again, even though some people were sadly missing.

While I liked him more than most, I hope Bishop won't be the Big Bad for an entire second season.

Makes perfect sense that it would be an into the mind of Gideon episode that we get the 100th episode that brings back most of the past Legends. Weird to see neither Constantine nor Mick (at least we sort of saw him) since it was so recently they were on the show, but I think Hawkgirl's absence was felt the most. You'd think Hawkman had a much larger role on the show judging by the episode, but Hawkgirl was way more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Astra held the jerk ball hard for a lot of this episode.

Even a pie can effect the future? That's quite a coincidence.
    I thought Astra was being a jerk and petty too, but I guess they had to do something to get her and Spooner to disagree and get Gideon to glitch. I hope if they did steal the pie at the end, it didn't mess up history that much.

Gideon welcomed as a true Legend by the teams' memories...although does that means she's a human permanently now and won't go back into the ship when (or if) they rebuild it? Or maybe she'll pilot it mentally?
    She might be maintenance? If she is a true Legend now, that means she's going to screw up royally at some point, so maybe she will even be killed and as she is dying, her consciousness has to be transferred back to the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So is this rebooted Gideon the version that ends up with Thawne? (they never explained that, did they?)
    I think Thawne has the version Barry invented at Star Labs.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Makes perfect sense that it would be an into the mind of Gideon episode that we get the 100th episode that brings back most of the past Legends. Weird to see neither Constantine nor Mick (at least we sort of saw him) since it was so recently they were on the show, but I think Hawkgirl's absence was felt the most. You'd think Hawkman had a much larger role on the show judging by the episode, but Hawkgirl was way more important.
    I'm kind of surprised they didn't get meta with the Hawks' less than stellar reception in season 1.
    She might be maintenance? If she is a true Legend now, that means she's going to screw up royally at some point, so maybe she will even be killed and as she is dying, her consciousness has to be transferred back to the ship.
    Didn't Behrad take over that job? It was OG!Zari's after Jax left if I remember right. But Behrad's usually smoking too much pot for it to matter.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Remember when these people had Superhero costumes! Ha ha! What a wild time that was .
    At this point, I wouldn't mind them wearing one of the crappy Ben Cooper Halloween costumes from my childhood.

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

Loved Ava and Sara's dance number.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This was the epitome of Filler Episode.
    Almost nothing was done to further the plot that needs to get them to NY. Please get to NY Gary so things can progress.

So what was Spooner doing? Was she exhibiting a new power? Did she project spiders into that Mobsters psyche?
    Robot Jay Edgar Hoover is the intermittent big bad? Is he going to be revealed as an acolyte for Bishop?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

This episode really doubled down on how the 1920's weren't a great time for women or people of color.

Where does the team draw the line? They'll rob banks but they'll actually pay a guy cheating them for wigs? Why not just knock him out and steal everything?

I'm not saying it's impossible that there would be a speakeasy for diverse patrons, but it does seem kind of idealistic for the setting.

Wasn't Sara a bartender at Oliver's nightclub back in season 2? I wonder if her concocting drinks was part of that.

Zari might be the only Muslim to ever be in a speakeasy, because why else would you even be in there when you don't drink alcohol?

The team use their powers for the most mundane things instead of actual Superhero stuff. When they even use their powers at all.

At this point has NuZari been on the show longer than OG!Zari? Give or take the fact that she still pops up every now and then.

I was kind of getting the sense Zari was going to have a one episode romance with Eddie, but they didn't really go there.

What's wrong with being into strong, dominating, women (and Constantine)? Although Gary wasn't wrong about Nate and his tragic romances that prevent him from fully committing, although I feel like he wanted to commit to Amaya and Zari before they were taken from him. Not really sure what the plan is there, because if they break up, what's OG!Zari got left other than occasionally popping out of the Totem and knowing her family is alive? Is that really enough?

So I guess now Spooner has vague "sensing" powers where she can sense people's feelings or emotions or even imprint feelings into them. Basically it's getting to a point where Spooner has whatever the plot needs her to have.

I never knew the League of Assassins or the Time Bureau taught interpretive dance, but that was a fun sequence. And those outfits .

I guess even in the 1920's lesbians are more socially accepted than incest would be. Although considering Sara and Ava are both blonde, white, women with similar physiques...not too unreasonable to assume they were sisters.

The Totem can change clothes so OG!Zari is wearing something she would actually want to wear? Or is she just wearing what she was wearing in the Totem?

It's fun how down to Earth this season is, but I don't want every episode to have some kind of sexist/racist bit. It's a hundred years ago, we get what it was like.

That key is handy to have around.

Just when we thought the Legends would re-unite...nope!

What's wrong with being into strong, dominating, women (and Constantine)? Although Gary wasn't wrong about Nate and his tragic romances that prevent him from fully committing, although I feel like he wanted to commit to Amaya and Zari before they were taken from him.
    I think the issue is that Gary lacks self respect and is into people who can boss him around. Probably not a healthy basis for a relationship. I did like Gary getting Nate back, though.

I guess even in the 1920's lesbians are more socially accepted than incest would be. Although considering Sara and Ava are both blonde, white, women with similar physiques...not too unreasonable to assume they were sisters.
    That was funny how appalled the crowd was until Ava made it clear they're not sisters, and then they cheered.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    That was funny how appalled the crowd was until Ava made it clear they're not sisters, and then they cheered.

In actuality, the number of people in the world that would have cheered back then would have been tiny. In fact, there wouldn't have been that many fifty years ago at the birth of the Gay Pride movement in the US. Things have changed since then, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    In actuality, the number of people in the world that would have cheered back then would have been tiny. In fact, there wouldn't have been that many fifty years ago at the birth of the Gay Pride movement in the US. Things have changed since then, obviously.
    To be honest a diverse speakeasy seemed more fantasy than reality to me.

There were probably super-underground speakeasies, but they would have been super rare and hard to find.

Well, didn't Ava and Sara look stunning in their outfits. And I kinda like the developing Gary/Nate bromance, way more than Behrad/Nate, which tried too hard to make up for Ray/Nate.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This. I see I've not been the only one doing eye rolls at the liberal writers room projecting their wishes into the past.

History is ugly we know that, plastering items in to it in order to look like our today is just an inducing "eye roll".
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Gays were more open during the Jazz Age. Not saying it was accepted, but it was more public.

https://www.history.com/news/gay-cul...es-prohibition

https://www.history101.com/how-lgbtq...ring-twenties/
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This. I see I've not been the only one doing eye rolls at the liberal writers room projecting their wishes into the past.

History is ugly we know that, plastering items in to it in order to look like our today is just an inducing "eye roll".
    1) The real eyeroll is people with no actual knowledge of counter-cultures of the past assuming they didn't exist before just because they weren't acknowledged by the mainstream.
    2) Also, "Legends" plays fast and loose with history all the time, in ways that has nothing to do with the "liberal writers projecting their wishes into the past." This example wasn't even as far off as other things this show has done. The thing I find more problematic were those writers who projected their fantasies onto the history books.
    3) And, the sight of two traditionally attractive and famous women kissing as part of a stage show has long been accepted by mainstream straight audiences even when they frowned on actual homosexuality in real life.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-09-2021 at 10:25 AM.