Page 264 of 277 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 4155
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Gays were more open during the Jazz Age. Not saying it was accepted, but it was more public.

https://www.history.com/news/gay-cul...es-prohibition

https://www.history101.com/how-lgbtq...ring-twenties/
    It sounds like the LGBTQ movement tried to come about only to be stomped on fairly quickly once it started to go mainstream.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

I'm liking Constantine's doppelganger.

I think it's funny Sara kept saying they wanted to get back to 2021 when they've been on the Waverider bopping around the timestream for years and don't really have a connection the present year.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-10-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think it's funny Sara kept saying they wanted to get back to 2021 when they've been on the Waverider bopping around the timestream for years and don't really have a connection the present year.
    To paraphrase Doc Brown, "They're not thinking fourth dimensionally."
    Watching television is not an activity.

The Legends need to team up with another British time traveling doctor.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

I honestly forgot Sara had alien healing powers. Seems like it's been forever since that came up.

Gwyn seems like...well, like the typical overly stuffy, anxious, scientist character. I mean, Matt Ryan is great, love still having him on the show, but Gwyn didn't wow me. I guess it's all a matter of how he plays off the rest of the team as he gets meshed into the group dynamic and their time travel misadventures.

They're trying to play cute with the fact that Gwyn is basically Matt Ryan playing another character again by mistaking him for other Legends even though he obviously just sounds like a posher Constantine. Are they just waiting for Zari 2.0 to come back for them to finally mention it? Will they address the fact that he's Constantine's ancestor at all?

Why was that officer planning to arrest them? I don't really understand what crime they had all committed.

Zari seemed less bothered by the idea of Nate and Gary hooking up compared to just not understanding how that happened. I guess it's nice she was so chill about it?

So the conflict between Nate and Zari wasn't over moving in together...it was just a question of where they're moving into. Because Nate wants to use Constantine's pocket dimension while Zari actually enjoys living in the totem with her ancestors. I'm not really sure how I see this storyline ending, but it looks like we're sticking with OG!Zari for a bit longer.

How many historical figures are the team going to get killed and replaced by robots? First Hoover and now Thomas Edison. Although it was in pretty bad taste for Nate and Zari to make out in front of Edison's dead body.

Gwyn took Sara having a wife pretty well. Is this person he lost a man? I feel like Gwyn's main conflict will be trying to save someone and change the timeline with the Legends caught in the middle.

I'm not sure why the team seemed so certain they would end up when they expected to when it was the first ever time machine and it didn't even seem like they had set coordinates. They were basically winging it and just hoping they'd wind up in the right time and, to no one's surprise, they didn't.

I only realize now that Bishop's actor is Tala Ashe's husband, which might explain why he's still on the show.

This episode was more setting up things than anything, I guess that is fine. Also yeah, I think it's clear that Gwyn Davies is gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    This episode was more setting up things than anything, I guess that is fine. Also yeah, I think it's clear that Gwyn Davies is gay.
    I wonder if that means they're dropping him being Constantine's ancestor unless he's Bi or something.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How many historical figures are the team going to get killed and replaced by robots? First Hoover and now Thomas Edison. Although it was in pretty bad taste for Nate and Zari to make out in front of Edison's dead body.
    I almost thought they were going to have Edison use Gwyn's time travel plans to rebuild the machine and give all credit to himself. It would be historically accurate.

I only realize now that Bishop's actor is Tala Ashe's husband, which might explain why he's still on the show.
    I wonder if they'll ever bring up the reason he thinks the Legends are evil is because he only remembers how they treated him as a pawn, like Sara almost did with Gwyn.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I almost thought they were going to have Edison use Gwyn's time travel plans to rebuild the machine and give all credit to himself. It would be historically accurate.
    I was kind of expecting them to go into the seedier aspects of Edison like they did with Hoover.
    I wonder if they'll ever bring up the reason he thinks the Legends are evil is because he only remembers how they treated him as a pawn, like Sara almost did with Gwyn.
    I keep expecting a stable time-loop where Bishop's obsession with aliens and Sara ends up being the Legends' fault for what they do to him this season.

I love the running gag of the Legends unable to place who Gwyn reminds them of. I'm looking forward to seeing what they're going to do with him and where they ended up.

I'm really hoping there isn't some kind of time cop out and the Legends can fix the historical events that have been broken.

He is? Well that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I think that is kind of brought up when Bishop first shows up in this season.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Interesting. So he had to appear on a show where his wife was hooking up with two different actors. Now since he's been on the show, Constantine is gone and Z broke up with Nate... hhm......

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Interesting. So he had to appear on a show where his wife was hooking up with two different actors. Now since he's been on the show, Constantine is gone and Z broke up with Nate... hhm......
    I'm not sure I can see it happening with how Bishop is and how much he hates the Legends but they did have Brandon Routh end up with his IRL wife...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So now Edison is a robot as well as Hoover.
    Any guesses as to who is on the adversarial Waverider? Are we to think they are just Legends dopplegangers?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime