Page 265 of 277 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So now Edison is a robot as well as Hoover.
    Any guesses as to who is on the adversarial Waverider? Are we to think they are just Legends dopplegangers?
    I guess they'll explain it in the next episode with Bishop, Clone!Ava, and Evil!Gideon.

Ultimate Member

Wonder if the guys will all be wearing goatee's...

Mighty Member

The Waverider has a toilet parachute. Ha! Ha!

I like the whole Bishop behind it all. And now we have evil Gideon. Lots of moving parts to work out.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Bishop constructing his own Waverider and becoming a Time Master just to destroy the Legends...and we finally discover all the mysteries about the new Waverider, with Bishops zeal to destroy the Legends nabbing their ship instead of them and his efforts coinciding with Gideon 2.0's desire to keep the timeline stable leading to a bunch of clones, or clone-cyborg's, designed to replace those in history that the Legends ended up getting killed.

Assistant!Ava got surprisingly into helping Bishop's plan to destroy the Legends, especially once she became Time Mistress!Ava. I kind of wonder if she was deliberately sabotaging Bishop because she knew it was pointless or if she was going along with his whims to "win" over Gideon 2.0. Either way, poor girl got jettisoned randomly in time (maybe we'll see her again somewhere?). Bishop seemed to genuinely care about her.

I think this is the most of OG!Zari and Behrad we've gotten since...maybe the final episodes of season 5? I've always kind of wondered what OG!Behrad might be like played by his current actor, especially if he could pull off a similar contrast.

Now that he mentions it, we don't really know exactly how Behrad joined the Legends in the current timeline. He just dropped out of business school, stole the Totem, and boom, instant Legend.

Can Nate just go in and out of the Totem when he wants to? Or can OG!Zari just send him out?

So...Gideon and Gary, huh? Can't say I ever expected that to happen. I guess in a way they're two bright souls who love the Legends and love life and are cute together...and have forest sex. I'm not sure if there's really a future there because Gideon's finally human, this is her first proper romantic relationship (and she lost her virginity), and she's still discovering herself, but I guess it's nice to see Gary successful and getting some non-Constantine action. And Gideon gets to be in a real relationship that's not pining for her human captain as far as an AI can pine.

Gwyn has emotional trauma like Constantine, but that's about where the comparison ends, because his trauma is PTSD related to being a WWI veteran and losing the man he loved on the battlefield and failing his unit in an unsuccessful Dunkirk scenario. Constnatine was undone by his own hubris while Gwyn by cruel war. Gwyn also comes off much older than the other Legends, always calling them "young man" or "young lady."

Why didn't Zari just use her Totem to blast the soldiers away? Or blast the door open? Like, why do these characters even have powers sometimes...

When Bishop starts to turn on Gideon 2.0, she constructs a clone of him to basically take his place in the timeline and serve the role of evil Bishop, creating a stable time loop. Although does this mean the evil Bishop was always a clone and the real Bishop was just a hapless, brilliant, narcissist who took what the Legends did to him too personally without understanding the broader implications? There was no reason for evil Bishop being so obsessed with aliens and humans besides fulfilling the needs of the timeline? I'm probably thinking too much about this.

So is Gwyn hard gay or is he going to end up being Bi like Constantine? Like, didn't they advertise him as Constantine's ancestor or are they just dropping that and having them resemble each other? I mean, maybe he sires a descendant through a surrogate or through happenstance?

Gwyn's lost love being named "Alan" reminded me of Green Lantern Alan Scott, who is gay now. Also his son Obsidian who was actually in this show and will presumably be appearing in season 3 of Stargirl.

I guess living in a Totem beats being in yet another doomed star-crossed lovers relationship.

Well, at least they're aware that there could be major implications and unforeseen consequences to preventing some of the casualties of Chernobyl by warning the soldiers, although I'm not sure if the show is going to address that. The more the team lets that stuff slide by the question remains where do they draw the line, if ever?

So...is Bishop going to join the Legends? He crashed into their timejump. I mean, he could clarify what's going on, but they probably won't trust them once they learn this is basically all his fault and they barely liked him before. Though he could be the key to stopping Gideon 2.0.

So I think the writing is on the wall for Gwyn x Behrad and I gotta say......why the hell not? We had Gideon x Gary this episode, and it was damn cute

As for Bishop, yep, starting to dig him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    So I think the writing is on the wall for Gwyn x Behrad and I gotta say......why the hell not? We had Gideon x Gary this episode, and it was damn cute

As for Bishop, yep, starting to dig him.
    It seems like they were teasing Behrad x Astra again last episode but people seem to be pulling for Astra x Spooner.

Astra x Spooner? Eeeeh.

They work so much better as BFF's, in my humble opinion.

If all endgames are just pairing off cast members then this show really will just go all the way to be expensive fanfic. It's kinda the CW's target audience I guess. I expect a CW/Webtoons merger any day now...

Fun to see Gideon as Hal 9000. I appreciated Bishop's dilemma this ep - it actually seemed like something that belongs on a superhero show about time travelers. It's still the Legends, so of course it ended with a parachute toilet.

So I guess we're done with the early 20th century American vibe? The new intro isn't going to fit with the rest of the episodes.

I liked seeing things from Bishop and his Ava's POV and now we know what's been messing with the Legends this whole time. Clones and androids galore! I am liking Bishop more now than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can Nate just go in and out of the Totem when he wants to? Or can OG!Zari just send him out?
    I'm a little confused about this arrangement as well. If it's not terribly difficult for him to go in and out of the totem, there's not a huge deal about moving into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gwyn's lost love being named "Alan" reminded me of Green Lantern Alan Scott, who is gay now. Also his son Obsidian who was actually in this show and will presumably be appearing in season 3 of Stargirl.
    It reminded me of Alan Moore, Constantine's creator. Especially since Gwyn said something like "I miss Alan more than anything".

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Fun to see Gideon as Hal 9000.
    That was terrifying. Poor Ava.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So I guess we're done with the early 20th century American vibe? The new intro isn't going to fit with the rest of the episodes.
    I don't think we've seen that scene of Zari in a flapper outfit with a gun in the intro, so maybe they go back?
    I'm a little confused about this arrangement as well. If it's not terribly difficult for him to go in and out of the totem, there's not a huge deal about moving into it.
    Sometimes I just wonder how big of a deal it is that OG!Zari is still stuck in a totem and doesn't really have anything else other than the Legends, but I guess she's chill about it.
    It reminded me of Alan Moore, Constantine's creator. Especially since Gwyn said something like "I miss Alan more than anything".
    Now I'm imagining the soldier was a young Alan Moore...

So Bishop from the last season was the robot double? That would explain how he could upload his consciousness to the computer.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Mighty Member

Looks like there's going to be a Legends vs Legends smackdown.

Most likely Bishop robots.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

"Can I have your helmet?" Is that still around? Nate never wears it. Which is something because he hardly wears his costume as is.

I feel like they've really upped the focus on the racism and sexism of the past this season. Not that it wasn't a factor before, but I guess the Legends being stuck in the past means it's getting explored more.

Nate learning that living with Zari means living with her ancestors, which is basically the equivalent of living with her parents and traditional relatives. Although I thought it was interesting that Zari 2.0 didn't automatically pop back up when OG!Zari went back into the Totem. There can be a delay?

Randy Disher as a stuffy, racist, and sexist government guy? Reminds me of when he played a Climate Change denier on Supergirl.

This show seems to go back and forth on whether Astra's impetuousness and feistiness is a flaw or a virtue, but I guess it depends on the situation. And on whether it's important to rush progress or try to rush progress, although at least they were even-handed enough that what Astra did caused some complications (but not enough to not be turned right in the end).

I was surprised, in a good way, that the main female worker POV left with the men and a bunch of other women when it became integrated, instead of just showing all the women as being accepting and it was just the men that were the problem.

So...getting some definite vibes from Behrad and Astra in their scene together. Will that finally happen?

Gideon's hot for Gary. Never expected to type that.

They keep making John/Gwynn jokes until Zari 2.0 finally makes the comparison and they finally end it with them just not seeing it.

It's kind of twisted that the Legends changing the timeline for the better is just leading Gideon to them because they're changing stuff. I wonder if the central season arc is going to come down to whether it's justified or necessary to change the timeline and try to progress the past rather than let it just continue on as it should, although I'm not sure the show will dive too deeply into the implications of that.

Again I ask what's the point of these characters having powers if they hardly ever use them in combat scenarios that would, presumably, have gotten them out of said scenarios instead of being desperate for someone to rescue them.

Bishop may have gotten them into this mess, but his motives were genuine and in the end he managed to help them get (presumably) back home and help them escape, even at the cost of his life. So as much as they disliked him initially, it seems like they appreciated him in the end. I was kind of wondering what he'd be like as a Legend, but I guess our cast is packed enough as is and they've done just about all they could with him for a redemption story.

So now the Legends have to fight robot versions of themselves employed by evil!Gideon. Is that them with the White Canary costume and Nate in his costume with the huge muscles?