Page 270 of 277 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 4155

Did anyone else find the premise of the episode kind of morbid? Like, it's attempt to prevent the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand but with the intention of still letting it happen and thus ensuing WWI. Like, I dunno, it felt like it was kind of trivializing a man's life and the impact it has, even as a fixed point. And then we get into a game show of people constantly dying trying to prevent it and people cheering and betting on it. It just felt like a bit much.

Nate is a historian and bro, not an artist.

Any other comic book show would probably have thrown in a bunch of cameos in a bar of time travelers, but instead we get...people in various degrees of eccentric clothing. Also seems like time travel is far more commonplace than you would expect.

I guess I'm not surprised time travelers would take bets on whether people could change the timeline, but how many people were there to actually save the Archduke for altruistic reasons to prevent WWI, how many were just doing it for the challenge, and how many were just doing it for the heck of it?

Behrad and Astra are now all over each other, which just leaves Spooner and Zari to bond as the remaining teammates who haven't really had much screentime or focus together, at least that I remember.

So Spooner is asexual, which I guess means she's probably going to be the one single Legend while everybody else is in a relationship (or just waiting for their next one like NuZari at this point). Although didn't they mention last season that she'd had sex? I guess the way she described it didn't sound like it was that enjoyable an experience.

I see Gary speaks alien.

Pretty useful of Sara's newfound alien immortality to let her keep live, dying, and repeating. Although some of those deaths were pretty cartoonishly comedic even by the shows' standards.

I appreciate Ava's attempts to make sure Gwyn is happy, but unless Alan joins the crew of Gwyn/Matt Ryan leaves, I'm not sure it's ultimately going to work out for Gwyn and Alan.

"...Or whichever pronoun they prefer" Ava trying to be progressive about God. Also, quoting Lin Manuel Miranda is always a treat.

It's kind of surreal that we finally see Thawne's real face for the first time in forever and on the very last show he used it on, which I guess is fitting in its own way.

Did Sara forget about seeing Thawne in Crisis on Earth-X? He was wearing a different face, but still. Actually, is this supposed to explain how Thawne survived Black Flash and ended up being free to menace Barry in all his subsequent appearances? Eventually he gets tired of being a Fixed Point guardian and just leaves? Have the writers thought that far ahead or do they only care about their own internal continuity?

Time for the Legends to fight their Robot Selves.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Pretty good episode overall and my favorite of the season so far.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I got to say that stopping the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand wouldn't of stopped World War I. That war was going to happen anyways. Europe was such a powder keg that it was a question of when the war was going to happen.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Alright, I gotta say, that montage of Sara failing to stop the assassination had me rolling on the floor. One of the funniest scenes in recent history! Reminds me why I still love having Legends around.

Also, great return for Letscher-Thawne. I guess him and Kavanagh-Thawne are now officially two seperate characters? I guess it makes sense. Well, not really, but hey, Thawne is a living time paradox, so it fits

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Alright, I gotta say, that montage of Sara failing to stop the assassination had me rolling on the floor. One of the funniest scenes in recent history! Reminds me why I still love having Legends around.

Also, great return for Letscher-Thawne. I guess him and Kavanagh-Thawne are now officially two seperate characters? I guess it makes sense. Well, not really, but hey, Thawne is a living time paradox, so it fits
    I just assume that this Thawne predates the current Cavanagh-Thawne and eventually he gets free and he pops up for all of Thawne's other appearances.

I mean, it's time travel so the chronology is never a sure thing.

Why were they trying to stop the assassination on the day of the assassination? Couldn't they have gone a few days before and killed the assassins?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

That was enjoyable. Kinda reminded me of Doctor Who with fixed points in time and all that, but that was a solid plan to lure out the robo-Legends (in theory, anyway). I was half-expecting Timothy Webber's character to turn out to be an older version of Nate (or maybe Mick Rory) who eventually retires from time traveling and operates a bar for time travelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did anyone else find the premise of the episode kind of morbid? Like, it's attempt to prevent the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand but with the intention of still letting it happen and thus ensuing WWI. Like, I dunno, it felt like it was kind of trivializing a man's life and the impact it has, even as a fixed point. And then we get into a game show of people constantly dying trying to prevent it and people cheering and betting on it. It just felt like a bit much.
    It was kind of morbid, but WWI is far enough in the past that I think it's okay to portray it in this way. And the fact that they went so over the top with Sara's deaths took away from the tragedy of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    It would certainly clear things up a little if they officially become two separate characters. Like if somehow at some point in the past (err...future), they diverged.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Why were they trying to stop the assassination on the day of the assassination? Couldn't they have gone a few days before and killed the assassins?
    Then other assassins would've been sent and the assassination would've happened anyway? I think that's how fixed points in time are supposed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Then other assassins would've been sent and the assassination would've happened anyway? I think that's how fixed points in time are supposed to work.
    I mean, nothing's stopping Black Hand from sending more the day after this. But this is "Legends" - no point looking too closely at any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I mean, nothing's stopping Black Hand from sending more the day after this. But this is "Legends" - no point looking too closely at any of this.
    Just like I don't think they've thought that much about using Thawne aside from carrying on from the last time the show used him (Sara doesn't even mention Earth-X).

Mighty Member

I'm genuinely curious about the bartender, especially since they emphasized so much that he's the oldest time traveler. I guess we'll find out more since they haven't left the fixed point yet.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Mighty Member

Loved that Zari catfight.

Donald Faison is showing up in the season 7 finale as a "mysterious character" with a possibility of a bigger role in the eighth season.

The characters' description:

"The Legends first encounter this character at a different phase of his career whose golden years are in the rearview mirror. He is good guy deep down; his ego is looking for a boost that only fame, fortune, and glory can provide. While he claims to have been recruited to work for a mysterious time organization, he wasn't offered much of a choice in the matter. As an unauthorized time traveler with high-profile aspirations, he developed a mischievous streak and cuts a few corners along the way to achieving his dreams. He knows all about the Legends of Tomorrow and finds them inspiring because they are the kind of heroes who started at the ground floor, as opposed to inheriting their powers from an alien planet, a spider bite, or wealthy parents. But the big question is whether his respect for the team is going to be able to help the Legends out of hot water or get them into hotter water!"
    spoilers:
    Are they really doing Booster Gold?
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Donald Faison is showing up in the season 7 finale as a "mysterious character" with a possibility of a bigger role in the eighth season.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If so, they should try to get Zach Braff as either Ted Kord or the voice of Skeets.
    end of spoilers
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

I guess it's nice that those time travelers seemed genuinely happy about seeing that the timeline could really change and that WWI was prevented, saving millions of lives...not knowing that the Legends never actually planned on preventing Archduke Ferdinand's death in the long run and their attempt to stop the Robo!Legends on principal got them all killed.

All those time travelers charging at the Robo!Legends made them look like Larpers.

I know the Legends' don't strictly have a no-kill rule but it was pretty jarring seeing them so brutally killing those time travelers. Behrad really didn't take it well seeing himself shooting a bunch of people. Although Robo!Behrad has pretty darn good aim, he even knicked Ava.

That smile on Thawne's face when he sees the Archduke get assassinated...yeah, he's still a sadistic SOB at the end of the day.

"I have to save Thawne!" Words no one ever expected to hear Sara said. Seriously though, why was Sara so genuinely concerned about Thawne? Like, I get it in the sense of not wanting to get stuck with the Fixed Point (which didn't end up even being that much of a problem in the end) but trying to console him as he's dying...it's Thawne for crying out loud. He never even stays dead anyways.

Sara may have rapid healing, assassin training, and the ability to survive death...but she's still effectively useless against someone who is Superhuman like Robo!Nate.

Are we sure the Legends couldn't take the Robo!Legends on directly? I guess we'll never know because every time the show set up for a dramatic or big Superhero fight, it went in another direction. So we never got Sara vs Sara or Nate vs Nate, or really any lengthy fight scene. Most of the Legends didn't even directly confront their robot selves.

I guess that is something Gwyn brings to the table that no one else does, that he was a professional soldier.

Gideon really bringing out the mama bear Astra never knew she was. Does Rip count as the father? Oh wait, that sounds creepy.

Couldn't Zari have just whipped out her Totem to prove it was her and beat Robo!Zari? Or just transform into OG!Zari? Either way, I guess Zari's a Zari one way or another as she and Robo!Zari engage in a comical catfight before Zari surprisingly and viciously rips Robo!Zari's CPU out.

The Robo!Legends really started dropping like flies, getting taken pretty quickly either unceremoniously by the Legends or by each other. Not even Evil!Gideon lasted that long even when she discovered Zari, but I guess she's coming back next episode and we have two episodes left anyways.

No better excuse for Behrad and Astra's first kiss than surviving a crash landing. Also, the Legends have the Waverider again!

Arnold!Nate is as funny as Jersey Shore!Nate.

How ironic that after Gideon and Astra came together from their realized familial bond, Robo!Astra is the one that stabs Gideon. Does that mean Robo!Ava survived too? I wonder if the only way to save Gideon is to re-upload her back into the Waverider.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Considering the Legends's MO and how they don't bother sticking to comic book characterizations, I would guess they're doing a character that's more "inspired by" said DC character so they just do what they want and not have people gripe about it since it's not really that character.