Page 271 of 277 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Considering the Legends's MO and how they don't bother sticking to comic book characterizations, I would guess they're doing a character that's more "inspired by" said DC character so they just do what they want and not have people gripe about it since it's not really that character.
    I will be almost shocked if we actually see him wear a costume on-screen. Or we get anything recognizable for the character.

So long Thawne. Sad it was such a short stint.

But hey, this episode was great, everybody had their moment. But then came this final scene and had to turn everything lighthearted on it's head again

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    So long Thawne. Sad it was such a short stint.

But hey, this episode was great, everybody had their moment. But then came this final scene and had to turn everything lighthearted on it's head again
    More like so long Matt Letscher .

I think BG is a great fit for the Legends.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

You know, it's very annoying that I can't find recaps for ANY of these shows anymore. It used to be a recap was up the minute after the show ended. Now, it's become a freaking HUNT.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think BG is a great fit for the Legends.
    I will hold judgement until we see what they do with him, but my immediate thought is that the Legends almost make BG redundant. He might fit in so seamlessly that it will barely affect the show, which isn't the best. I imagine they'll figure out a way for him to shake things up.(something other than just hook up with another Legend - it seems that's all they do on the show now)

Anything that gets Faison on my TV on a regular basis is a win in my book. I wouldn't automatically say he's playing Booster, though. Current Legends seems pretty much set on just creating their own characters. I mean, Steel's pretty much the only guy on the team from the comics left at this point, right?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Anything that gets Faison on my TV on a regular basis is a win in my book. I wouldn't automatically say he's playing Booster, though. Current Legends seems pretty much set on just creating their own characters. I mean, Steel's pretty much the only guy on the team from the comics left at this point, right?
    Technically Astra was from the comics too but she's so different now that she may as well be another OC.

I feel like Booster would have probably fit into the earlier seasons better than he would now, since back then the show was at least more open to acting/being a DC Comics show. As it is it barely counts as a Superhero show anymore.
    I will hold judgement until we see what they do with him, but my immediate thought is that the Legends almost make BG redundant. He might fit in so seamlessly that it will barely affect the show, which isn't the best. I imagine they'll figure out a way for him to shake things up.(something other than just hook up with another Legend - it seems that's all they do on the show now)
    Now that you mention it, NuZari and Booster would probably get along well personality-wise...there's only a 10-year age difference between Donald Faison and Tala Ashe, so maybe it could work..?

That was pretty cool. I liked how the Legends had to outsmart their counterparts to win. Spooner tricking RoboGary into eating RoboSpooner and then blowing up was a highlight. And Nate getting his duplicate to take Thawne's job and save Sara was one of the cleverest things he's ever done.

I wonder if we'll ever connect what Thawne was doing here to a larger scheme. It's weird, I got sick of Malcolm Merlyn showing up in every show but I don't mind it as much with Thawne. Maybe because he's played by two different actors.

It's why it made more sense for it to be Rip Hunter to start the Legends in season one. The stern, purposeful captain leading a group of dysfunctional screw-ups. How's one more screw-up going to make an impact?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    That was pretty cool. I liked how the Legends had to outsmart their counterparts to win. Spooner tricking RoboGary into eating RoboSpooner and then blowing up was a highlight. And Nate getting his duplicate to take Thawne's job and save Sara was one of the cleverest things he's ever done.

I wonder if we'll ever connect what Thawne was doing here to a larger scheme. It's weird, I got sick of Malcolm Merlyn showing up in every show but I don't mind it as much with Thawne. Maybe because he's played by two different actors.
    It also helped that this Thawne was less obsessive. the Wells-Thawne is one-note with some complex scheme that centers on Barry. This Thawne had a role that had no connection to Barry, actually was on the noble side, didn't involve the Flash, fit in a single episode (maybe two but not really), and didn't use super-speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    It also helped that this Thawne was less obsessive. the Wells-Thawne is one-note with some complex scheme that centers on Barry. This Thawne had a role that had no connection to Barry, actually was on the noble side, didn't involve the Flash, fit in a single episode (maybe two but not really), and didn't use super-speed.
    I mean, if you place Thawne in a situation where he has to adapt and can't do anything about it, he'll make do, but I'm sure if he was free and had the opportunity he'd go right back to trying to kill Barry (if he's being written in-character). I could still see how much of a sadist he really is when he smiled at the archduke's death.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've gotten caught up on LoT now and I must say I genuinely am not sure if I like the robot-fakes better of the OGs. That is how much the writing has grown to make me disinterested in the characters on this show the last two years. The best surprise part was Thrawne showing up the past two episodes but alas....we knew him well(as if that is how he finally goes out).
    I wasn't able to muster too much shock for human Gideon in that last shot with robot Astra stabs her either.

Glad this season is also 13 episodes but sadly that hasn't made the writing or plots any better.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

The evil A.I. Gideon is the CW's version of Brainiac.

I found this episode more emotional than usual.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

This entire season has felt penultimate. Like so many things have been set in motion to, at the very least, gear us up to say goodbye to some of the staples. Love the show but honestly, I think I'm ready for the end. Not that I want it but rather it end on a high note and I think they could be capable of that.

If not next season being the last, I wouldn't be shocked if whatever follows acts as more of a soft reboot. I always imagined Legends having an open-ending anyway but I feel with all these plotlines characters like Nate, Sara, and Ava (maybe Zari) won't stick around much longer.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom