Page 276 of 277 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277 LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 4155
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That was slightly different. In that case, it was a storyline launched in a backdoor pilot that ended up NOT getting picked up. Though both had the same cause- the producers being so sure that the show would be picked up (or renewed) that instead of telling a self-contained story, they went with a cliffhanger.
    They weren't "sure" of anything. You throw out a cliffhanger in the hopes it's enticing enough to be picked up, but unless you're already given a contract for seasons in advance, you don't know. Most adventure and sci-fi shows end in cliffhangers - rare for any to provide a true ending to the show.

Even a show is given a heads up that the next season will be its last, may still have a "hail mary" to a back door pilot, like Arrow. No harm to the creators of the content because if it gets picked up, you got some more paychecks coming and if doesn't, you didn't lose anything in the attempt (other than a few disgruntled viewers, which you were losing anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    This is disappointing. Not because of the cancellation itself, but the fact that this past season I was never more ready for the show to end and then much more excited for it to continue after seeing Booster.
    Yeah, I'm most disappointed we won't get to see more of Faison as Booster. Not that I had high expectations this show would do him right, but still.

First Powerpuff Girls and then this...Faison deserves better.
    The good thing about the Arrowverse, especially when it comes to a show like Legends, is that characters can crossover and spin-off and it can feel like an actual universe like the DCAU back in the day or the Marvel movies. HBOMAX already messed that up by having a different Doom Patrol on Titans. Peacemaker is connected to the movies, at least.
    Granted, we only have, like, Flash and SM&L left and the latter is only nominally an Arrowverse show at this point.
    I'm inclined to agree. I don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but I think they switched to more comedy when they realized they didn't have the budget for a satisfying action show?
    It feels like this show downplayed or ignored powers whenever it was convenient and then wrote off all the major superpowered or heroic characters that required the most budget, but look at all the CG and FX we got last season and this one.

I wonder what was up with the budget for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Most adventure and sci-fi shows end in cliffhangers - rare for any to provide a true ending to the show.
    The CW has a pretty good track record when it comes to super hero shows, though. Smallville and Supergirl got finales that were given enough time to build up and provide true closure. Arrow and Black Lightning did too if you ignore the Green Arrow and Canaries and Painkiller backdoor pilots. Legends and Batwoman getting canceled after having a season finale no one realized was the series finale hasn't really happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Granted, we only have, like, Flash and SM&L left and the latter is only nominally an Arrowverse show at this point.
    True, but from when Legends premiered in 2016 and then Supergirl moving over to CW that fall, we've had six solid years of multiple shows set in the same universe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Legends and Batwoman getting canceled after having a season finale no one realized was the series finale hasn't really happened before..
    In Legends case, it was revealed today Booster Gold was added to "boost" ratings. That they had a feeling it might get cancelled, but decided to play chicken with the renewal. Hence why the did that cliffhanger (probably in hopes CW would see it and be inclined to renew it).

They really should have wrote an ending that could have acted like a suitable finale in case it got the axe, but also have room in case it got another year. Supernatural had a few series were they did similar (even though I don't think it was in serious danger of being dropped).
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 05-08-2022 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    In Legends case, it was revealed today Booster Gold was added to "boost" ratings. That they had a feeling it might get cancelled, but decided to play chicken with the renewal. Hence why the did that cliffhanger (probably in hopes CW would see it and be inclined to renew it).

They really should have wrote an ending that could have acted like a suitable finale in case it got the axe, but also have room in case it got another year. Supernatural had a few series were they did similar (even though I don't think it was in serious danger of being dropped).
    It's kind of ironic that the writers were finally bringing in a major character from the comics to help boost ratings and save the show...only for it to not matter in the end.

Yeah I never watched Legends of Tomorrow but I would've for Donald Faison as Boosted Gold.

Hope he still gets to play more of that role somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yeah I never watched Legends of Tomorrow but I would've for Donald Faison as Boosted Gold.

Hope he still gets to play more of that role somewhere else.
    He's like two for two between this and the PPG series. He deserves better .

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post

Honestly, I think if they had wanted to play chicken, they should have been bolder and had a bigger cliffhanger and done something more interesting with Booster in the time they had him rather than just have him run away then come back. I thought his scene playing golf on the battlefield was an awesome introduction and it got me excited, but they failed to follow up on that intro by having him just steal their ship and disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Honestly, I think if they had wanted to play chicken, they should have been bolder and had a bigger cliffhanger and done something more interesting with Booster in the time they had him rather than just have him run away then come back. I thought his scene playing golf on the battlefield was an awesome introduction and it got me excited, but they failed to follow up on that intro by having him just steal their ship and disappear.
    It felt very much like the show in that way...they never quite knew how to properly use the stuff from the comics.

Talk about fan dedication. Somebody flew a banner over the WB studios in order to save the show

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/legend...save-the-show/

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Talk about fan dedication. Somebody flew a banner over the WB studios in order to save the show

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/legend...save-the-show/
    That's some Legends level of effort .

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

10characters
    DeadJim.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Such an odd time to cancel the show. Could’ve at least ordered one more episode to wrap something up and then cancel it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Such an odd time to cancel the show. Could’ve at least ordered one more episode to wrap something up and then cancel it.
    New owners of the CW just don't give a sh*t about wrapping up the previous companies shows. You are talking about a company that mainly makes fake reality shows.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Then again, if it’s Warner Bros we’re talking about here can we really be surprised? They’ve revived and cancelled “Looney Tunes” more times than Bugs has squared off with Daffy.