Page 30 of 277 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That realization was my jumping off point for this show - every episode it seems to be the same thing. Time jump, mess up royally, escape with their lives after making zero progress towards the overall mission, jump out. Even a minor success of some kind would have kept my interest, but it's gone.
    Havent they stopped several Vandal plans so far?

Vandal is a full season villain, they are not just going to kill him early on.

The vast majority of those plans have been attempts to reverse engineer stuff he only knew about because of them - picking up your own mess doesn't count as far as I'm concerned.

And as far as a full season villain is concerned - you don't have to stop him, but even Gideon calculating a delay in VS's takeover of a few years would be enough to have convinced me. Sadly, I didn't get it before the 'interest lost' point.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Been catching up on LOT off my DVR. Overall I think the show is decent, doesn't grab me nearly as much as Flash does, but I enjoy it abit more then Arrow. Although I do hope they change up the formula abit in season 2.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Retired

That realization was my jumping off point for this show - every episode it seems to be the same thing. Time jump, mess up royally, escape with their lives after making zero progress towards the overall mission, jump out. Even a minor success of some kind would have kept my interest, but it's gone.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey. Look at all the wonderful things those royal mess ups have given us. I'm welll pleased.

The vast majority of those plans have been attempts to reverse engineer stuff he only knew about because of them - picking up your own mess doesn't count as far as I'm concerned.

And as far as a full season villain is concerned - you don't have to stop him, but even Gideon calculating a delay in VS's takeover of a few years would be enough to have convinced me. Sadly, I didn't get it before the 'interest lost' point.
    Vast? I think only half of them so far. The 50s they stopped his plan, 2046 also stopped the mess the city was by bringing Green Arrow back.

Anyway, we are all into what we are into.

Im glad that this is not another DC shows that has a hero surrounded by a plucky scientist, a black dude that's a close friend, and a family member and girl/boyfriends that end up in on the team.

Plus the fights on this show are awesome. It's like they are bringing comic book pages to life with everyone running around all over the battlefield.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    As I recall, the only one to shoot a gun out of a bad guy's hand was Snart, and he did it with a rifle.
    he can use a weapon to generate a energy beam that uses absolute zero to knock people over and not kill everybody it hits.

in comparison a revolver is easy mode.

The thing that gets on my nerves is they beat him and then walk away. Why not encase him in concrete and drop him in the Mariana-Trench? Let him be immortal at the bottom of the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Havent they stopped several Vandal plans so far?

Vandal is a full season villain, they are not just going to kill him early on.
    It was my understanding that originally Legends of Tomorrow was supposed to be a mini-series. So the whole plan was to spend the entire series hunting Savage down with defeating him as the final episode. That was sort of what the whole series was supposed to be about, so why would they kill off the raison d'etre of the series early on in the series?

While seeing Ray live out his Weird Western fantasy was fun, I loved the plot with Kendra and her former self. I wonder how right she'll end up being? Speaking of Ray, I loved him calling himself "John Wayne", but later on people referred to him as "Sheriff Palmer" for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The showdown was awesome and so was the fight against the Time Master posse. Ray brutally killed that one guy by flying through him, damn that's messed.
    Yeah, as cool as it is in theory, that was really messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was neat seeing Mick act as knowledgeable about time travel and the Time Masters as Rip, while still being Heat Wave, befitting the time and effort the Time Masters spent turning him into Chronos. It ads an interesting new layer to his character that he's now kind of an expert on time travel in his own right. Maybe he should give Flash some advice the next time they fight each other ?
    I actually...really want to see that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    We also know that H. G. Wells himself was a time traveller so Stein may yet meet him when he is all grown up and on some time trip.
    Wells may be a little busy time traveling to Metropolis in the 1990's and helping out Clark Kent and Lois Lane.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The thing that gets on my nerves is they beat him and then walk away. Why not encase him in concrete and drop him in the Mariana-Trench? Let him be immortal at the bottom of the ocean.
    To be fair, most times they've had an advantage over him, his people were close or nearby. I suspect that Savage's cult have the means to find and follow him anywhere.

I am getting annoyed though, at how quickly they change tactics.

"Get his money!"

"No, get his protege!"

And so on.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

Wells may be a little busy time traveling to Metropolis in the 1990's and helping out Clark Kent and Lois Lane.
    He can always help them out after he leaves 1885 Scotland with the Sixth Doctor (Colin Baker) and before he travels to 1979 San Francisco to save Amy (Mary Steenburgen) from Jack the Ripper (David Warner).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    To be fair, most times they've had an advantage over him, his people were close or nearby. I suspect that Savage's cult have the means to find and follow him anywhere.

I am getting annoyed though, at how quickly they change tactics.

"Get his money!"

"No, get his protege!"

And so on.
    Given spotty (at best) success rate of their tactics, it's not surprising that they'd change them up. Plus, some of their plans of attack were specifically targeted to Savage's activities in a given era. When they face him in a different time period, Savage's modus operandi changes so the team has to adjust their plans accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    He can always help them out after he leaves 1885 Scotland with the Sixth Doctor (Colin Baker) and before he travels to 1979 San Francisco to save Amy (Mary Steenburgen) from Jack the Ripper (David Warner).
    Not if Doc Brown gets to her first.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Not if Doc Brown gets to her first.
    Amy (Mary Steenburgen) was probably her own grandmother.

Astonishing Member

Savage is just a lame villain. Just as they have to make up plot devices not to easily get rid of him, they have to make up plot devices to let him take over the world.

Catch him, put him in a blender and drop him into the sun. Yeah, Malcom reconstituted him like Nescafe but that was stupid also.