.....damn!

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    .....damn!
    Ciso too. He can jam!

Retired

In my mind, when these shows are on lunch break, it's like this--

Mighty Member

Palmer's giant robot fight was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Palmer's giant robot fight was pretty cool.

Shouldn't Firestorm have been able transmute the robot into something with his powers? Or did I miss something?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Shouldn't Firestorm have been able transmute the robot into something with his powers? Or did I miss something?
    Stein was sedated in the med bay after taking a large piece of shrapnel to the gut during the crash.

GIANT ROBOT FIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, at least now we know where all the money they weren't using in Firestorm FX in the earlier episodes when to. That was pretty damn cool. I especially like how they maintained the sense of the massive size of the two figures, even though much of the fight took place on a flat landscape with little in the background to give them scale.
    Last edited by kalorama; 04-28-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Stein was sedated in the med bay after taking a large piece of shrapnel to the gut during the crash.

GIANT ROBOT FIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, at least now we know where all the money they weren't using in Firestorm FX in the earlier episodes when to. That was pretty damn cool. I especially like how they maintained the sense of the massive size of the two figures, even though much of the fight took place on a flat landscape with little in the background to give them scale.

I dunno. I would have thought that as far as Ultimate Weapons go...I would think a Giant Robot would be rather easy to avoid.

Hawkgirl, if you won't kill Savage, what good are you?

Retired

I feel like the ATOM doesn't quite fit Ray's bigger self. My name for the big guy is the MOTA.

This one felt like it could be the big finish. I'm disappointed that it wasn't. Hawkgirl you let us all down.

But time is on our side. Or well, on somebody's side, I'm sure---

Wow, this was great. Giant robot fight, Kendra smashing with her mace, several well done fight scenes. Characters making intelligent decisions, or at least making decisions that make sense. This is what I want to see in an action series. It was starting to drag earlier in the season, but now they are starting to fire on all cylinders. After the disappointing turn Flash has taken, Legends is now my new favorite comic book based show.

[QUOTE=Flyattractor;1974366]Shouldn't Firestorm have been able transmute the robot into something with his powers? Or did I miss something?[/QUOTE
    I wish they'd let him do more than just shoot fireballs; i'm starting to wonder if they should just cut firestorm loose.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Hawkgirl, if you won't kill Savage, what good are you?
    Welp...somebody needs to have an existential crisis every five seconds

It was weird that they gave us a daughter of Vandal Savage, yet it wasn't Scandal, which was disappointing. I guess maybe Savage could have sired another daughter with another lover over the course of history, but I expect "Cassandra" is the only one the shows creative team intend to focus on. It was a great opportunity for not only a complex and interesting villain from the comics, but some great LGBT representation too. I was really hoping for a Sara/Scandal meeting because there was some amazing potential with that, but oh well .

So Savage's secret weapon wasn't Chemo, but a giant, green, robot called Leviathan. It still feels like a reference to Chemo though. Or maybe to the Metal Men?

Wow, Kendra looked great in that period dress, and it was funny seeing her give Carter a hard time for forgetting their anniversary. Now I totally want to see the pair's past lives in the Victorian era .

So Hawkgirl finally has her mace, even if she had to take it from a dead Hawkman, and by pouring the bracelet onto it, I guess that now makes it an Nth Metal mace?

So Atom grows giant just a week before Civil War premiers. Take that Ant-Man.

The highlights of the episode for me were giant-sized Atom fighting Leviathan and Hawkgirl bashing Savage with her new mace. I mean, you had Atom going all Ultraman on a deadly giant robot and punching it's head off, what's more awesome then that?

How did Carter reincarnate without Kendra dying? I though they both needed to be killed by Savage before the reincarnation cycle restarted ?

Poor Ray. "We need to talk" is almost always the worst thing you can say to your fiance. Especially after meeting your reincarnated lover.

I can understand how Kendra couldn't go through with killing Savage if it meant losing Carter, but it's definitely what Savage counted on by brainwashing and making Hawkman into one of his soldiers. And you can already tell in the preview that keeping him aboard the Waverider is going to backfire on the Legends. Kendra's probably the only real chance Carter has of remembering who he really is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Firestorm has yet to transmute anything on this show. The only clue we have that he actually still has that power is that it was the purpose of the original experiment that created the Firestorm Matrix and it was going to be shown in the season one finale of Flash before they cut it.
    Last edited by Frontier; 04-28-2016 at 09:39 PM.

Incredible Member

This one was AWESOME!!!! The robot fight had me on the edge of my seat. It really had the feel of a finale, until Kendra faltered. She should have killed Savage, and then hoped that her love (with maybe a little help from all the medical tech on board the Wave Rider) would be able to return Carter to his true self. Is the next one the finale? If so I can see it being pretty dicey. Let's say they do manage to make Carter remember, and then there's nothing left to do but kill Savage. It's one thing to kill an enemy in the heat of battle, but it's another entirely to say "Ok Kendra, walk into that cell and beat an unarmed prisoner to death." (Well, come to think of it, it would probably be better to have Carter do it at that point.)
    Last edited by Kensei; 04-28-2016 at 11:29 PM.