Page 41 of 277 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Strong episode. It remains surprising how much this show's improved over the course of the season.

I know Sara's a badass, but Rory weighs a good 200 lbs. Hard to believe she just slung his unconscious body over her shoulder and double-timed it back to the Waverider while being shot at by the Time Lords shock troops.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Solid episode overall. Although Snart's supposed death seems kind of pointless to me since we already know he'll be in season 3 of The Flash. So yea, I don't believe for a minute he's gone for good.

But yea, solid episode. Looking forward to the finale next week!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

So I was wrong about Savage. I thought he was controlling the Time Masters. Turns out he was just their puppet. Sort of reminded me of how Bane was supposed to be the big bad, but turned out to be just Talia's stooge.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Speaking of saving the day, I thought the whole team was gathered after Jax's return I completely forgot about Kendra...and I'm ok with that. lol
    Me too. When they cut back to her, I was like oh shoot, we still have this.

I think the ring will prove important. On the theory that you don't write something into a story unless it's going to serve some purpose . . .

This show is up and down. Today's episode sort of made up for the last one. It was funny for me to see the old Conservatory which has been around since before I was born--in Queen Elizabeth Park where many a Sunday afternoon was spent with my parents and me a little kid running all over Mount Pleasant--turned into the Oculus at the end of all time. Now that's a real trip.

I could've gone with "Love Will Keep Us Together" for this week's song, but somehow that didn't fit. "In the Year 2525" seemed like a better track.

So the reason the Time Masters have been helping Savage is because they have knowledge of an invasion from Thanagar in the distant future that they believe he can stop by conquering the world and uniting it under his rule? The Arrowverse' Superhero community wasn't enough to stop the Thanagarians? Or could their efforts to help Savage rule the world and crush all opposition in the future have prevented the heroes form being able to stop the invasion somehow? It didn't seem like there were any Superheroes in 2166 that were opposing Savage, so I wonder if they all died out...

I also wonder how the confirmation of Thanagar's existence, and the Thanagarians as a race, will effect the Hawks going forward and how it might tie into their origin?

That's got to be rough on Rip, learning that all his actions, no matter how rebellious and heroic, were ultimately planned by the Time Masters and in some way aided Savage. Rip was already responsible for Savage singling out his family, even if the Time Masters intended for it from the very beginning, but the futility of the whole mission has really got to hurt.

Jax coming back to the moment the Legends were first contacted by Rip to get past!Stein to help him get back was cool. Seeing a more mature, seasoned, Jax with all his character development interacting with a past version of Professor Stein was fun. Then Jax comes in with the big hero moment of the episode, leading to the return of Firestorm .

Mick finally admitting he cares about the team, even Ray, as well as comforting Ray in his own way was a really sweet scene .

They wouldn't kill off Captain Cold, not before he really forms The Rogues on Flash, so that death is definitely not going to stick. I was always expecting something would take him out of the team and put him back to recurring status, and this might be how they do it. Fitting, though, that the Legend who consistently claimed he wasn't a hero but always had his loyalty to his partner and team performed a heroic sacrifice to save Mick. Snart finally makes up for leaving him behind

Honestly, if Sara was going to kiss anyone on the team, I was expecting it would be Rip over Snart. Or maybe Kendra .

Even if the Legends weren't able to save Rip's family, or even 2166, they can still complete their mission and finally finish Savage once and for all. It's time for a final showdown.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I know Sara's a badass, but Rory weighs a good 200 lbs. Hard to believe she just slung his unconscious body over her shoulder and double-timed it back to the Waverider while being shot at by the Time Lords shock troops.
    She used the cold gun to make an ice path and slide him all the way back?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So I was wrong about Savage. I thought he was controlling the Time Masters. Turns out he was just their puppet. Sort of reminded me of how Bane was supposed to be the big bad, but turned out to be just Talia's stooge.
    He is not their puppet. He is the best chance at stopping the invasion. He isnt doing it simply because he was told to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So the reason the Time Masters have been helping Savage is because they have knowledge of an invasion from Thanagar in the distant future that they believe he can stop by conquering the world and uniting it under his rule? The Arrowverse' Superhero community wasn't enough to stop the Thanagarians? Or could their efforts to help Savage rule the world and crush all opposition in the future have prevented the heroes form being able to stop the invasion somehow? It didn't seem like there were any Superheroes in 2166 that were opposing Savage, so I wonder if they all died out...
    When you control the whole planet plus have giant machine-tech im sure you have a better chance against an alien invasion than dozens of heroes.

Incredible Member

Mick smashing that Time Master's head under his boot made me pump my fist and cheer. That's very dark of me, but sorry, it was an awesome moment.

But when Snart decided to sacrifice himself I couldn't help but yell at the screen- just use your cold gun to freeze that failsafe thing in place! You don't have to stand there and hold it by hand!!! Is he really dead though? Gee, he vanished in a blaze of glory with his hands inside a gigantic time travel device. There is way more than enough potential there to bring him back.

"If you want to steal a kiss you better be one hell of a thief." That's got to be one of Sara's best lines ever. It's a shame they couldn't explore the spark between those two for more than a brief moment. I wonder if there's any way it can be returned to later.

(Come to think of it, last week's "I'd tell you to go to hell but you'd probably like it there" was a pretty good Sara line too.)

Fantastic Member

So Time Masters are bargin-bin Time Lords right? Like Rip is actually an alternate reality Rory hellbent to stop these poser Galifreyans?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Strong episode. It remains surprising how much this show's improved over the course of the season.

Since returning, she seems to be stronger and faster than a normal athletic human her size. The way she knocks down or punches others led me to think she is enhanced, but perhaps not superhuman.

Weird logic here, but couldn't snart just lightly freeze the button in place? I mean DC is so transparent with their 'deaths' at this point there was 0, I mean absolutely no dramatic take from this scene for me.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

So did Stein get the idea to kidnap Jax from the latter's future self or was he planning on doing it all the time?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    So did Stein get the idea to kidnap Jax from the latter's future self or was he planning on doing it all the time?
    I think Stein was already thinking it and was trying (badly) to act like it had never occurred to him before Jax mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    For a second I thought it was the former, but Stein's stammering seemed to be covering up the fact that it was exactly what he planned.

At least Jax finally forgave him for it .

Great episode today!

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Weird logic here, but couldn't snart just lightly freeze the button in place? I mean DC is so transparent with their 'deaths' at this point there was 0, I mean absolutely no dramatic take from this scene for me.
    Obviously. But it was a plot excuse to get the actor off the show because he doesn't want to be in a series show anymore and just wants to do guest roles now.