Page 48 of 277 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

This show's version of Nate is your typical adorkable and excitable nerd, which I imagine means he'll get along well with Ray and even Professor Stein, and it'll be interesting to see how they handle his journey to becoming Citizen Steel. They've already demonstrated that he's quick on his feet, judging by his maneuvering around Oliver's security detail.

They glossed over the fact that Nate figured out Ollie's the Green Arrow pretty quickly. I mean, the only evidence he had was that Oliver and the Green Arrow appeared in Star City around the same time? Remember how they used that same trail of logic to pin being The Hood on him, only for it to get debunked thanks to Oliver's machinations? Oh well, time to move the plot along.

Did the Legends ever actually call themselves "The Legends?" I know Rip said they would become Legends in the pilot as part of his "pitch," but the team has never really used that name for themselves. Though Rip did call them that in his video message at least.

Oliver has his own submarine or submersible vehicle? Can we just go ahead and call it the Arrowsub ?

Sara Lance, seducing women across time and space. Though I wonder if she'll ever find someone who she'll love and be as attached to as she was with Nyssa (or even Oliver).

Of course the biggest team of screwups and misfits would end up with the job of having to patrol and keep the very unstable and malleable timeline from breaking. Though it looks like Rip's going missing and leaving that last message for the team will get them to take their new role a little more seriously.

It was nice seeing Darhk and the ever enjoyable Neal McDonough back again, and proving that even without his later magic abilities he's still a major threat and antagonist.

I guess Sara couldn't just live with Ollie having killed Darhk, so she had to do it herself, with the added benefit of hopefully reviving Laurel. Though given the way that time works, as has been presented (and sometimes inconsistently portrayed) in the Arrowverse, there's probably nothing she can do to save Laurel or kill Darhk earlier then his future death.

Someone should call in Jay Garrick to sit the Legends down and explain to them the value of not changing the timeline or altering history. With as thickheaded as they can be, like Barry at times, it would probably do them some good .

Sara realizes that Ray doesn't have any money anymore right? What with still being presumed dead and all and having his company taken over by Felicity, who was also then promptly kicked out of said company?

Fitting that Einstein would get to witness the Nuclear Man form before his eyes. Though couldn't they have just had Firestorm transmutate the nuke? He can do that now.

So...Oliver is just going to hand over the job of finding the Legends to a former loose-cannon Supervillain and an untrained archaeologist just because he doesn't have "time" to help them? He does realize that, given time travel, he could just be dropped off at the exact same moment he left?

The Justice Society came almost as out-of-nowhere as Hourman did in the season 1 finale. Still pretty awesome though .

Darhk and the Reverse-Flash working together? Now that's a sinister team-up, and probably the biggest Supervillain team-up in the Arrowverse yet. And with Thawne's time-travelling, it makes sense that he would connect with someone as long-lived as Darhk.

I wonder what Thawne is planning, messing with time like this? Other then ultimately screwing with Barry of course.

Curious to see how long they'll keep Rip missing.

So is Rip Hunter no longer going to be on the show? It was Professor Stein giving the opening monologue instead of Rip Hunter and I doubt this was a one time thing. If he is gone that is four of the original members gone.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Jam-Packed season opener.
    Nice seeing Atom going small.
    White Canary bedding all the woman in Salem.
    Firestorm doing NOTHING in 1942 to prevent the atomic explosion.
    I rather see the Original-Classic JSA(Too White Male) but I will settle for this lineup of heroes.

Seriously, producers, directors and all the rest of you film makers:
    Either teach your actors to speak german properly or don't do it at all.
    As a native speaker, constantly having to listen to this horrible gibberish is just pure ear raping.

The Good:

Tighter cast works better (I'm not missing the Hawks or Vandal Savage) although it is a little weird seeing Heatwave without Captain Cold to play off of. seeing them face off on opposite sides eventually could be interesting

The different time periods are interesting to see

The Bad:

They could have spent more time rescuing the crew members instead of cramming it into one episode

I don't watch Arrow so any Arrow references go over my head

The puzzling:

How did Jefferson's cell phone battery still work? Why didn't he use his Firestorm powers?

Is there a word for a female womanizer, because that's what they're turning Sara's character into.

With the bad German, would it have been better if they spoke English with bad German accents instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This show's version of Nate is your typical adorkable and excitable nerd, which I imagine means he'll get along well with Ray and even Professor Stein, and it'll be interesting to see how they handle his journey to becoming Citizen Steel. They've already demonstrated that he's quick on his feet, judging by his maneuvering around Oliver's security detail.

They glossed over the fact that Nate figured out Ollie's the Green Arrow pretty quickly. I mean, the only evidence he had was that Oliver and the Green Arrow appeared in Star City around the same time? Remember how they used that same trail of logic to pin being The Hood on him, only for it to get debunked thanks to Oliver's machinations? Oh well, time to move the plot along.

Did the Legends ever actually call themselves "The Legends?" I know Rip said they would become Legends in the pilot as part of his "pitch," but the team has never really used that name for themselves. Though Rip did call them that in his video message at least.

Oliver has his own submarine or submersible vehicle? Can we just go ahead and call it the Arrowsub ?

Sara Lance, seducing women across time and space. Though I wonder if she'll ever find someone who she'll love and be as attached to as she was with Nyssa (or even Oliver).

Of course the biggest team of screwups and misfits would end up with the job of having to patrol and keep the very unstable and malleable timeline from breaking. Though it looks like Rip's going missing and leaving that last message for the team will get them to take their new role a little more seriously.

It was nice seeing Darhk and the ever enjoyale Neal McDonough back again, and proving that even without his later magic abilities he's still a major threat and antagonist.

I guess Sara couldn't just live with Ollie having killed Darhk, so she had to do it herself, with the added benefit of hopefully reviving Laurel. Though given the way that time works, as has been presented (and sometimes inconsistently portrayed) in the Arrowverse, there's probably nothing she can do to save Laurel or kill Darhk earlier then his future death.

Someone should call in Jay Garrick to sit the Legends down and explain to them the value of not changing the timeline or altering history. With as thickheaded as they can be, like Barry at times, it would probably do them some good .

Sara realizes that Ray doesn't have any money anymore right? What with still being presumed dead and all and having his company taken over by Felicity, who was also then promptly kicked out of said company?

Fitting that Einstein would get to witness the Nuclear Man form before his eyes. Though couldn't they have just had Firestorm transmutate the nuke? He can do that now.

So...Oliver is just going to hand over the job of finding the Legends to a former loose-cannon Supervillain and an untrained archaeologist just because he doesn't have "time" to help them? He does realize that, given time travel, he could just be dropped off at the exact same moment he left?

The Justice Society came almost as out-of-nowhere as Hourman did in the season 1 finale. Still pretty awesome though .

Darhk and the Reverse-Flash working together? Now that's a sinister team-up, and probably the biggest Supervillain team-up in the Arrowverse yet. And with Thawne's time-travelling, it makes sense that he would connect with someone as long-lived as Darhk.

I wonder what Thawne is planning, messing with time like this? Other then ultimately screwing with Barry of course.

Curious to see how long they'll keep Rip missing.
    Where's doctor who when you need him? The last thing i want is to see jay garrick show up and lay a verbal smackdown on the legends. Who died and made him an authority on time travel, anyway? But i suppose i'm starting to understand people's problems with the time travel rules in this show. They sure crammed a lot of stuff into this episode, and i'm not sure it stuck. Nate haywood as historian needs a bit more backstory; i'm still not sure why oliver queen is the go to guy in the legends universe,except the flash doesn't even know about them. But, time travel is probably out of oliver's wheelhouse.
    Last edited by protege; 10-14-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So is Rip Hunter no longer going to be on the show? It was Professor Stein giving the opening monologue instead of Rip Hunter and I doubt this was a one time thing. If he is gone that is four of the original members gone.
    I wonder if Arthur Darvill had other commitments that necessitated taking Rip out-of-play? Or will this be to accommodate the new cast members joining the show?

I guess from a story perspective, it will be interesting to see how the Legends organize themselves with their captain gone.

Retired

I would have thought one of the vital pegs you can't take out of the show is Rip Hunter--at least not without replacing him with another time traveller who understands the theory. He's necessary for explaining the rules to the other team members. They can use Gideon for that, but this Gideon isn't as interactively fun as Morena Baccarin was on THE FLASH. It's so much better to have human beings talking to each other about time travel (see Jay talking to Barry, again on THE FLASH)--so there needs to be someone in the crew with lived experience.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Is it me, or is Sara stepping in to Snard's cad role? That could wear pretty fast.
    Last edited by ChaoticScholar; 10-14-2016 at 09:51 AM.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Sara turning women across history is going to become a gag.

Barry's timeline screw ups is affecting this show too. Great job in forgetting about Thawne you dick!
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 10-14-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Sara turning women across history going to become a gag.

Barry's timeline screw ups is affecting this show too. Great job in forgetting about Thawne you dick!
    Well, I don't think Barry just forgot about Thawne, he's just not in a position to go after him at the moment.

Retired

Has Ray aged more than the others on the crew (well other than Rory, who has his own weird timeline)? Ray had those two years with Kendra and now he was abandoned in the age of the dinosaurs long enough to grow a full beard.

Prof. Stein and Jax hardly seem to have been lost in time for long as they still have a working cell phone. Sara was in Salem long enough to deflower a few maidens but probably not as long as Ray.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Sara turning women across history is going to become a gag.

since season one episode one, this show has taken place in the post-Flashpoint timeline from season 3 episode 1 of the Flash. it's why nothing Barry has done has ever been mentioned or referenced or had ramifications for this show.

Wasn't great. It's funny, I stuck with the show last year, kind of in spite of itself. Week after week it was written in such a basic, superficial way (even by CW standards) but the cast and action normally did enough to just about carry it off. And since it's been off air and we've been getting all the news and trailers, I started to wonder if maybe I had been judging it too harshly last year.

One episode into season two and I realise that I wasn't. It's just really, really badly written; In terms of both storytelling and especially in the character stuff. The stuff with Ray and Sara particularly highlighted just how shallow the writing is... forced conflict leads to minor disagreement leads to "Ah, you're OK" resolution because reasons.

And with Rip now seemingly gone and replaced by a very bland and rushed in character, I'm not sure I'll be going the distance this year. I suspect I'll pop back for the big crossover and maybe binge the whole season when it's done. But week after week of this just isn't something that's an especially tempting prospect.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

I doubt Rip stays gone. I'd bet looking for Rip is an arc, this season.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison