Page 5 of 277 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Fall of Carter Hall and the Rise of Katar Hol!

Please?

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Is Carter dead-dead? Like off the show?
    I doubt he's gone, he'll be dead for a while but then they'll pick up a reincarnated Carter up from a different time.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The addition of Carter to the cast was a ruse from the beginning. He was never supposed to last. He was there to build Kendra's character. The 6-minute teaser pilot made last spring didn't even include him. Also, his death gives the team something to rally around and builds the stakes. A very smart plan by the producers.

BANNED

never liked him anyway

Hawkman?

more like HawkDBag

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Not real sad to see Carter go. The weakest link was certainly cut loose. The Carter/Kendra bits were the worst elements of the show by far.

I like Cold and Heatwave though. Some of the cast have amusing chemistry together.

One thing that bugs me though. Hunter went on and on about how utterly catastrophic some of Palmer's tech getting left behind in 1975 would be. (Nevermind that what Canary picked up from the lab was a LOT smaller than what fell off Palmer's supersuit.) So anyway, that's a big no-no. But the team getting into these massive brawls where Firestorm and Palmer are flying around shooting things, and Cold, Heatwave, and Hunter are shooting their rayguns won't cause any ripple effects? No word of mouth of this crazy sci-fi group running around, or analysis of all the damage they're causing won't come back to bite them in the backside?

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    The "young professor Stein" bit fell flat. It could have been funnier than it was.
    I 1/2 expected his younger self to say:I'm on my way to see a Gospel play.

I like how this show keeps doing wide shots showing everyone fighting.
    Makes me want to go back and look at what everyone is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanStar View Post
    Did Firestorm get his powers downgraded or just for the tv series?

Dude sucked a nuke and one-shot Savage.
    Last edited by Sighphi; 01-28-2016 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Dude sucked a nuke and one-shot Savage.
    Still holding out on showing transmutation though....

I had a feeling they were going to axe Hawkman eventually, for a multitude of reasons elaborated on in the thread announcing his death, even if I was really, really hoping they wouldn't. Kinda depressing that a technicality in regards to the dagger is what led to his death. It just really sucks to be Hawkman in anything, doesn't it ?

I'm just really disappointed about his death. It feels like they really wasted his character, both in general for the DCTVU and on this show. We didn't get to see him really interact with the rest of the cast in a major way beyond Kendra, never saw him develop a friendship with Ray like they have in the comics, never saw him really get to do that much given he was only Hawkman for four episodes if we combine all his appearances, and I feel like they could've done a lot more with his relationship/romance with Kendra.

Heck, we really barely got to see The Hawks together and as the strong team they are in the comics, which I think is a shame. And, just like in the comics, one of them dies before the other could admit their love for each other after finally realizing it. Except now, going off of Guggenheim's comment, Carter's not going to reincarnate anymore so Kendra will never be able to be with him unless the Legends' time-traveling somehow gives them an out to bring him in again somehow. But I don't think Carter will be that lucky. Why is it so hard for The Hawks to stay together?

And I think it's too early to kill off a member of the team yet, and makes the Legends agreeing to hunt down Savage for Carter ring hollow.

I have to be honest, I think this was one of Crump's better episodes as Savage. I thought his performance here was much better compared to his last few appearances, and he was much more convincingly menacing and intelligent. Probably just me though .

I wonder if meeting Ronnie was another of the best moments in Professor Stein's life? I hope it is at least.

Seeing Ray, a heroic, altruistic, billionaire hero who enjoys helping people and giving others, pairing up with Snart, a cynical, selfish, criminal who generally only cares about helping himself, made for quite an interesting dynamic and "odd couple" of sorts. Even though Ray was kinda making the situation worse left and right in this episode.

It's so nice to finally see Atom shrink. It makes the Iron Man Supersuit a little more tolerable, at least for me .

I can understand not trusting Hunter completely after he lied to them to get them on the mission, but he's still obviously an expert at time travel so it would be dumb not to heed what he says in spite of whatever issues they might have with him. Hopefully what happened in this episode leads the team to start listening to him a little more.

Stein meeting Stein was a fun sequence, and I liked the younger Stein. Sara flirting with him, or the other way around, was hilarious. Was a little worried about Professor Stein's marriage for a second, but it was really nice of Rip to come through to help save Stein's marriage. Of course, he would understand perfectly how important it is to find love and hold on to that special person.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I would guess that he's off the show, now we have to wonder if they'll get a new actor to play the role leaving Kendra to be the one to teach him or just keep a seat open in case they need to bring in someone new...

Just saying that if you leave a gun in some place where nobody will find it for like 30 years or so without any maintenance then those guns can become useless. I hope that they don't just leave Hawkman gone but get a new guy.
    A simple revolver can be broken down,wrapped and stored in a waterproof container and still be fired safely decades later. There are muskets and flintlocks centuries old that are still shot today.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I doubt he's gone, he'll be dead for a while but then they'll pick up a reincarnated Carter up from a different time.
    Wouldn't he be with that times Kendra (unless that Kendra was also killed off by Savage)?

Whoa. 10 times better than the first episode. I really enjoyed this one.

Incredible Member

Really confused by the in show logic of constantly sending Dr. Stein and Jackson off on separate missions (well not constantly, but in both episodes so far). I mean, you have arguably the most powerful abilities on your team requiring two of them to be in close proximity so they can merge.....and you keep sending both those characters off on separate errands.

I get that it's in part to keep from Firestorm immediately merging and dealing with any threat the second it arises....but from an in story perspective, it makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hunter's criteria for his team now makes a lot of sense. Green Arrow and The Flash, who one would think would be the best choices for a team to take on Vandal Savage, are likely too big and important in history to be brought into this mission. Same for even the rest of Team Arrow to a certain extent, I imagine, which explains why none of the main heroes of this universe are a part of this.
    I would have thought that Stein would have been a problem for the team, not because he is part of Firestorm, but because he is a genius scientist. I guess his important work is behind him, and anything he does as a scientist from now on would have been done by other scientists, if he died.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I agree, but I'd add the Hawkcouple to that as well. One would have been fine. Both is just annoying.
    Well, that's no longer a problem. And thanks for that. Hawkman came across as a douche. There was not a minute he was on the screen that I liked him.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Is Carter dead-dead? Like off the show?
    It appears so.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Fall of Carter Hall and the Rise of Katar Hol!

Please?
    No. (Please)

Sandy Hausler