Page 50 of 277 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I didn't have a problem with what Sara was doing. It wouldn't surprise me if her shameless flirting and sleeping around is her way of coping with Laurel's death. She hasn't opened up to the team at all about it.
    Actually I had that very same thought myself. Because:

1. She's never really been depicted as acting this way before now.
    2. We see repeatedly that Laurel's death really bothers her.

So we'll see if that ends up actually being the explanation for but.

But even if it is just as simple as "lets have some fun by making her the female time-traveling Captain Kirk or James Bond," then I'd still be fine with it. If they can do, then so can she I say.

The fact that she's cut off from Nyssa probably doesn't help either.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Cold was the only member of the team who she can talk to and he's dead. Sara doesn't have any pillars left.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Cold was the only member of the team who she can talk to and he's dead. Sara doesn't have any pillars left.
    If he's dead how can he be one of members of the Legion of Doom? He's part of the bad guys this season.

Yeah, uh, Mick, I don't think you had to tell the story about France to explain what happened to your team. I would've liked this episode to continue straight from their meeting with Rick Tyler, and I don't see why Oliver Queen was even in this episode (aside from supplying the Arrowsub), but other than that, I enjoyed the episode.

I don't miss the Hawks at all, but without Cold...well, let's just hope the new cast members are as entertaining. I'm not buying Rip being gone for very long. An interesting hint about the Legends not being prepared for becoming the new Time Masters (and probably needing Heywood's help) was Stein getting details of Einstein's life wrong.

Darhk was really cool to have, but I am very much looking forward to Thawne and how the heck the Legends are going to stop a murderous speedster. I guess Ronnie was able to help Flash out against Reverse Flash in season one of the Flash, and Firestorm's ability to fly enables him to keep a bit of a distance, but other than that, the odds are really against the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They glossed over the fact that Nate figured out Ollie's the Green Arrow pretty quickly. I mean, the only evidence he had was that Oliver and the Green Arrow appeared in Star City around the same time? Remember how they used that same trail of logic to pin being The Hood on him, only for it to get debunked thanks to Oliver's machinations? Oh well, time to move the plot along.
    I wasn't a fan of that either. People always try to say it's obvious that Clark Kent is Superman because he and Superman appeared in Metropolis at the same time or Bruce Wayne returning to Gotham at the same time Batman appears proves they are the same person. It's obvious to us because of what we know, but how many people are moving to Starling City on a weekly basis?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Is it me, or is Sara stepping in to Snard's cad role? That could wear pretty fast.
    They had a nice trio going last season with Sara as the battle-craving assassin, Heatwave as the impulsive, destructive thief, and Cold as the cold, calclating thief. It looks like they're tweaking her personality and role a bit to see how it plays off the others, like we saw with Ray. Also it seems she is still retaining her big sister-kind of role with Jax.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Darhk was really cool to have, but I am very much looking forward to Thawne and how the heck the Legends are going to stop a murderous speedster. I guess Ronnie was able to help Flash out against Reverse Flash in season one of the Flash, and Firestorm's ability to fly enables him to keep a bit of a distance, but other than that, the odds are really against the team.
    How many of them would even know who the Reverse-Flash is? I guess Stein since he was with Team Flash and Ronnie when they tangled with him at the end of season 1, and Ray developed that arrow that weakened his speed, but otherwise they have no idea who they'd be dealing with. Though I guess at least Heat Wave has some experience fighting Speedsters.

I think Rip would probably have had a good idea who Thawne is though, especially since Thawne knew about Hunter.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I was hoping it would take a few episodes to round everyone back up. That's what the promos made it seem like, but hey, that's what they always do right? Felt kinda rushed on the back end of the episode. Writing had some issues and the stunt guy substitution for McDonough is sooooooooooooo obvious...but dammit I love this show. I may be in the minority on this, I know it has some blemishes, but this show just fucking fun. I love the cast chemistry and love how the super powers are embraced. Cannot wait to see their interaction with the JSA.

Ultimate Member

We're also getting spoilers:
    Evil-again Captain Cold and Malcolm Meryln
    end of spoilers as villain as well eventually.

Honestly given how many times Oliver has been outed as the Hood publically, and how unconvincing I found his "machinations," I'm glad that they had character point of the freaking obvious, because it's so freaking obvious.

Comic book writers, if you don't want people calling you out on that, then come up with a better explanation for why people cannot figure out the freaking obvious.

Mighty Member

Reverse Flash is simply a awsome villain.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Reverse Flash is simply a awsome villain.
    He is the best villain in the CWverse, just a bit higher on the list than Merlyn. Matt Letscher is such a great villain and just looks the part perfectly. I'm so glad he didn't stay dead and I can't wait for the Legion to come together.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

1. great opening fight scene with the Legends and the JSA.
    2. actress playing Vixen is hot, I can see Ray falling for her already.
    3. wonder what ReFlash wants with that artifact?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

They kind of made the JSA jerks in this IMO. It is understandable however given they have been fighting in a war.

Overall a solid episode in my book. I think this is an improvement compared to the first season so far.

Also who else wants to see DC & Titan team up to do a Legends/Doctor Who crossover comic!? XD
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Incredible Member

Even women from 1942 **** all over Ray's self esteem at the first opportunity Poor guy.

I think Rory should have some of his Chronos gear now instead of just the Heatwave gun. Really, the gun just makes him a redunant sub for Firestorm. Maybe give him a Cold gun to which he carries to honor his buddy.

Retired

The anachronisms were flying thick and fast in this one, but that's part of the fun.

I was happy to hear Victor Garber singing "Edelweiss"--one great Canadian actor singing a song that most of us know from another great Canadian actor, Christopher Plummer, in THE SOUND OF MUSIC. Of course, this is not an Austrian folk song as some might think but a show tune written for the stage by Rodgers and Hammerstein, expressly for Theodore Bikel who played Captain von Trapp in the original run. It was also the last song that Hammerstein wrote with Rodgers.

In the musical, "Edelweiss" is sung as a declaration of Austrian freedom from the Nazi invaders, so it's quite ironic to have Martin Stein singing this anthem to a room full of Nazis who tear up over the song.

I was just a bit frustrated that everyone in the scene was talking over Garber and he had to cut short his performance. I wanted to hear a complete rendition of "Edelweiss."

So is each Legend going to take turns doing the intro or is Sara going to be doing it from now on what with her being the new leader and all? I wonder if "popularity power" had a hand in her getting the position now that Rip's gone, though I guess she makes as much sense as any of the Legends. I don't really think she's the "bleeding heart" of the team though, that's always seemed more accurate for Ray or Kendra.

The JSA were awesome here. They just cleaned the Legends' clock .

I do wonder if we'll see any more of them this season, besides Vixen of course, especially since it feels like they only scratched the surface of the team and their possible role in history. I hope we do see the full team again at some point.

So I guess the JSA being a "secret" crime-busting Superhero team explains why we haven't heard about them before, especially in light of the onset of Superheroes and Metahumans in the Arrowverse during the present day. Makes me wonder what happened to them and their descendants, outside Nate and Mari, and how many other secret Superheroes exist in the Arrowverse and predate Oliver becoming The Arrow.

I'm surprised they had Stargirl there as part of the WWII JSA given she's generally associated with the modern roster, but I guess she is one of their more iconic members now. Seeing her blasting bad guys with her Cosmic Rod was really cool, and Jax flirting with her was cute, and Sarah Grey seemed to have Courtney's spunk down in what little we saw of her here. She also filled out that costume quite well, in what's probably the most skintight Arrowverse costume yet.

Boo, Dr. Mid-Nite didn't have his owl sidekick .

I wonder which Mid-Nite this was supposed to be? Charles McNider or Pieter Cross?

I'm kind of surprised they didn't address Hourman's powers at all, or mentioned Miraclo, but it was cool they made Rex the leader of the team here. Though then they just had Thawne kill him and erase him from time, which was a bit of a bummer. Given how young he was, I wonder if this rules out seeing any of the other Hourmen, or Rick?

Why did neither Ray or Firestorm comment on meeting Mari's Grandmother? Or on meeting someone with the Totem and practically exact same costume as the Vixen they know in the present day? They're supposed to team-up with modern!Vixen in season 2 of her cartoon, and that has to take place before both seasons of Legends of Tomorrow.

I'm curious if we'll ever learn what Amaya was doing with the JSA and why she was a member of an American secret crime-fighting team instead of staying in Zambesi.

I really hope Victor Garber is in the Supergirl/Flash musical.

CG Captain Nazi was cool. Given how hard it is to kill him in the comics, I have a feeling he survived that bombing, though who knows if we'll ever see him again. Be kind of funny if it blasted him into an ocean where he's then promptly discovered by a young Freddy Freeman and his grandfather, thus introducing the Marvel Family into the Arrowverse. A longshot? Big time, but it would be pretty awesome.

Atom and Vixen couldn't have taken care of those Nazi's on their own? I get that they were surrounded, but I would think Amaya could've summoned up something other then a gorilla to get them out of there.

I wonder how Nate is going to feel about Ray giving him that serum once he gets his Citizen Steel powers and can no longer feel anything?

So Thawne's plans actually count on the Legends interfering with things? Oh boy.