Page 51 of 277 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Retired

Not to quibble too much, because it was sweet to have the Justice Society of America--but this was hardly the JSA from 1942 that has been shown in the comics. Only Hourman was really accurate to the original team--and he didn't do a lot of Hourman things (spent most of the time with his cowl off).

It would be nice if this appearance further boosts the profile of the JSA in the comic books. But it doesn't do a lot to promote the originals. Maybe another time we'll see more of the classic JSAers show up.

Was that amulet supposed to belong to Dr. Fate?

Vixen complaining that Ray had blown her cover was a bit hard to swallow. So she's a woman of colour in Nazi Europe and that's been working for her? I find it doubtful that she's been able to infiltrate the German high command.

I thought Sara looked cool in a beret.

Solid episode. I really like the brother/sister thing Jax and Sara have, it is really fun to watch wether they are speaking or nudging each other off camera. Sara is a visual chameleon man, I hope she has some dope Samurai choreography in the next episode.

The cgi abomination was just as funny as it was disturbing.

"We are the Justice Society of America". That line delivery was funny for some reason. I'm surprised she wasn't looking to the sky, chest puffed like Popeye, and her hands in fists on her waists.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is each Legend going to take turns doing the intro or is Sara going to be doing it from now on what with her being the new leader and all? I wonder if "popularity power" had a hand in her getting the position now that Rip's gone, though I guess she makes as much sense as any of the Legends. I don't really think she's the "bleeding heart" of the team though, that's always seemed more accurate for Ray or Kendra.

The JSA were awesome here. They just cleaned the Legends' clock .

I do wonder if we'll see any more of them this season, besides Vixen of course, especially since it feels like they only scratched the surface of the team and their possible role in history. I hope we do see the full team again at some point.

So I guess the JSA being a "secret" crime-busting Superhero team explains why we haven't heard about them before, especially in light of the onset of Superheroes and Metahumans in the Arrowverse during the present day. Makes me wonder what happened to them and their descendants, outside Nate and Mari, and how many other secret Superheroes exist in the Arrowverse and predate Oliver becoming The Arrow.

I'm surprised they had Stargirl there as part of the WWII JSA given she's generally associated with the modern roster, but I guess she is one of their more iconic members now. Seeing her blasting bad guys with her Cosmic Rod was really cool, and Jax flirting with her was cute, and Sarah Grey seemed to have Courtney's spunk down in what little we saw of her here. She also filled out that costume quite well, in what's probably the most skintight Arrowverse costume yet.

Boo, Dr. Mid-Nite didn't have his owl sidekick .

I wonder which Mid-Nite this was supposed to be? Charles McNider or Pieter Cross?

I'm kind of surprised they didn't address Hourman's powers at all, or mentioned Miraclo, but it was cool they made Rex the leader of the team here. Though then they just had Thawne kill him and erase him from time, which was a bit of a bummer. Given how young he was, I wonder if this rules out seeing any of the other Hourmen, or Rick?

Why did neither Ray or Firestorm comment on meeting Mari's Grandmother? Or on meeting someone with the Totem and practically exact same costume as the Vixen they know in the present day? They're supposed to team-up with modern!Vixen in season 2 of her cartoon, and that has to take place before both seasons of Legends of Tomorrow.

I'm curious if we'll ever learn what Amaya was doing with the JSA and why she was a member of an American secret crime-fighting team instead of staying in Zambesi.

I really hope Victor Garber is in the Supergirl/Flash musical.

CG Captain Nazi was cool. Given how hard it is to kill him in the comics, I have a feeling he survived that bombing, though who knows if we'll ever see him again. Be kind of funny if it blasted him into an ocean where he's then promptly discovered by a young Freddy Freeman and his grandfather, thus introducing the Marvel Family into the Arrowverse. A longshot? Big time, but it would be pretty awesome.

Atom and Vixen couldn't have taken care of those Nazi's on their own? I get that they were surrounded, but I would think Amaya could've summoned up something other then a gorilla to get them out of there.

I wonder how Nate is going to feel about Ray giving him that serum once he gets his Citizen Steel powers and can no longer feel anything?

So Thawne's plans actually count on the Legends interfering with things? Oh boy.
    I hope Dr. Mid-Nite's owl shows up, the JSA is going to stay around throughout this season so there is hope. I wish he and Hourman had more to do in the episode.

I really hope Jay and Alan somehow team up with the JSA. I want it so badly.

Does everyone think Rex is actually dead/erased? I feel like we are going to get a Booster Gold/Supernova 52 twist happen around the mid-season finale or a even little later. Rip's expression when Rex blinked out and the way (and special effects) he blinked out lead me to believe he isn't gone.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Vixen complaining that Ray had blown her cover was a bit hard to swallow. So she's a woman of colour in Nazi Europe and that's been working for her? I find it doubtful that she's been able to infiltrate the German high command.
    Foreal. Her entire presence confused me.

This story isn't over, and Hourman is NOT dead (permanently). I don't know how anyone can think otherwise.

Oh, and I think we can forget about Hooty. Why would anybody think having a trained owl on the show is a good idea.

Sandy Hausler

The JSA sure came across as dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    The JSA sure came across as dicks.
    I have to agree with that.

Sandy Hausler

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Solid episode. I really like the brother/sister thing Jax and Sara have, it is really fun to watch wether they are speaking or nudging each other off camera. Sara is a visual chameleon man, I hope she has some dope Samurai choreography in the next episode.

The cgi abomination was just as funny as it was disturbing.

"We are the Justice Society of America". That line delivery was funny for some reason. I'm surprised she wasn't looking to the sky, chest puffed like Popeye, and her hands in fists on her waists.
    He looked like LXG Mr. Hyde.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Retired

I can understand why they need to use CGI for Gorilla Grodd but it doesn't make sense to me with Krieger and other giants (like Doomsday). If they just get a stuntman, put some prosthetics on him and shoot against blue screen or use forced perspective, then they can make it seem as if he's giant relative to the other actors. Surely that would be more cost-effective and his motions would look more natural.

However, for LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, it kind of works. The series feels like a tribute to all the fantasy-action movies of the past--everything from Flash Gordon serials to Ray Harryhausen dynamation. So the clunky Baron Captain Nazi Blitzkrieger model fit the tone of the show. I just don't know why they bother.

Spectacular Member

I just saw the first 2 eps. on my DVR and can any one explain why they got rid of Rip Hunter? Did Arthur Darvill want off the show or did Guggenheim just dump him and is he ever going to return?

Retired

I'm hoping Rip returns. Sometimes actors have other commitments and the shows work around their schedule to let them have the time off (Caity Lotz, Dominic Purcell, Wentworth Miller)--so I'm wondering if this is that. Darvill has had scenes in both episodes thusfar (although these may have been filmed ahead of time)--they're not letting us forget him.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm hoping Rip returns. Sometimes actors have other commitments and the shows work around their schedule to let them have the time off (Caity Lotz, Dominic Purcell, Wentworth Miller)--so I'm wondering if this is that. Darvill has had scenes in both episodes thusfar (although these may have been filmed ahead of time)--they're not letting us forget him.
    We all know he'll come back in a blue box :-P
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I have to agree with that.

Sandy Hausler
    To be fair, the JSA were a well oiled machine conducting missions during a world war against one of the worst evils in human history.

The Legends, in contrast, were tripping over themselves.

Retired

The Legends are a hap-hazard gang of screw-ups who will always make a mess of things yet somehow manage to get the job done in the end. That's what makes them so entertaining.

The scene at the Nazi cabaret was a perfect example. They come there with a plan, but it all goes to hell and ends up in a big brawl. All Ray had to do was say "Heil Hitler" and put up his arm--but he just couldn't make himself do that (and that's why he's such a great character).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    To be fair, the JSA were a well oiled machine conducting missions during a world war against one of the worst evils in human history.

The Legends, in contrast, were tripping over themselves.
    To be fair the Legends saved NYC from an A bomb that the JSA knew nothing about. If not for them that well oiled machine would have been ashes.