Page 52 of 277 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    To be fair the Legends saved NYC from an A bomb that the JSA knew nothing about. If not for them that well oiled machine would have been ashes.
    Yeah, they did it by ramming it, and screwing up by letting Damien get away with it in the first place. They won because of a hail mary pass, not coordination

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, they did it by ramming it, and screwing up by letting Damien get away with it in the first place. They won because of a hail mary pass, not coordination

Any way you stop an A bomb is better than not having a clue about it in the first place ... ALA the JSA,

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    We see plenty of characters like this in fiction (the one who seduces people and is a shameless flirt). But we very rarely get to see a woman in that role, and almost never an LGBT one. So honestly, I was fine with it (and I'm usually one who would complain about them).

But this was just funny.
    Straight or not gay, I just don't think it has a place in this. It was dumb seeing it in Watchmen between Nite Owl and whatsherface, it's dumb seeing it here. But I guess these moronic writers have super-hero fetishes they want the World to see.

Okay, that was pretty cool. The JSA in costumes and code names and powers! Wait, how many of them actually had powers? Obsidian, obviously, but it was weird that Vixen called Ray out on only having special abilities through his suit when she needs an amulet, Stargirl needs her staff, and no one else seems to be able do to anything that super. I did like the contrast between the two groups since the Legends are so reactionary to whatever problem they have to solve whereas the JSA has come together as a team that coordinates with each other, plans and votes, and has an actual leader.

Reverse Flash continues to be awesome! Although given his speed and knowledge of the future and when things happen and where things are, it doesn't seem like he needs any elaborate plot to get what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I think Rory should have some of his Chronos gear now instead of just the Heatwave gun. Really, the gun just makes him a redunant sub for Firestorm. Maybe give him a Cold gun to which he carries to honor his buddy.
    Yeah, what happened to Snart's gun anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I was happy to hear Victor Garber singing "Edelweiss"--one great Canadian actor singing a song that most of us know from another great Canadian actor, Christopher Plummer, in THE SOUND OF MUSIC. Of course, this is not an Austrian folk song as some might think but a show tune written for the stage by Rodgers and Hammerstein, expressly for Theodore Bikel who played Captain von Trapp in the original run. It was also the last song that Hammerstein wrote with Rodgers.
    It was? Wow, I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is each Legend going to take turns doing the intro or is Sara going to be doing it from now on what with her being the new leader and all? I wonder if "popularity power" had a hand in her getting the position now that Rip's gone, though I guess she makes as much sense as any of the Legends. I don't really think she's the "bleeding heart" of the team though, that's always seemed more accurate for Ray or Kendra.
    Yeah, that'd be more Ray's bag. Sara being the leader...kind of makes sense. I mean, she's certainly the best field leader, but maybe they should have some kind of committee to make other decisions. Stein's brains need to be put to good use, even if he shouldn't be put in high stress situations where immediate decisions need to be made.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't address Hourman's powers at all, or mentioned Miraclo, but it was cool they made Rex the leader of the team here.
    I was expecting a Miraclo mention too. Is it possible Miraclo predates Mirakuru?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I really hope Jay and Alan somehow team up with the JSA. I want it so badly.
    Well, Obsidian had to come from somewhere, so hopefully Alan exists in some form. As for Jay, maybe the Jay Garrick from that other Earth can stop by and help them against Reverse Flash.

I'm hoping Rip returns. Sometimes actors have other commitments and the shows work around their schedule to let them have the time off (Caity Lotz, Dominic Purcell, Wentworth Miller)--so I'm wondering if this is that. Darvill has had scenes in both episodes thusfar (although these may have been filmed ahead of time)--they're not letting us forget him.
    Havent really liked rip in this show. Hes kinda just there for me, so his absence doesnt bother me at all. Wentworth miller is the one im missing since him nd Routh seemed to be the better actors from season 1. Though garber is always good and Purcell kinda a over the top caricature, but hes good at it. He gets most of the laughs in the show it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Yeah, what happened to Snart's gun anyway?
    Snart had his gun with him and was using to to fend off the Time Master's minions when the Oculus blew up. So I assume the gun was destroyed along with Snart, the Time Masters, and the Oculus and the gun no longer exists.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

So is each Legend going to take turns doing the intro or is Sara going to be doing it from now on what with her being the new leader and all? I wonder if "popularity power" had a hand in her getting the position now that Rip's gone, though I guess she makes as much sense as any of the Legends. I don't really think she's the "bleeding heart" of the team though, that's always seemed more accurate for Ray or Kendra.
    I thought they said she was the "beating heart."

The JSA were awesome here. They just cleaned the Legends' clock.
    Yup! The JSA are always awesome!

I do wonder if we'll see any more of them this season, besides Vixen of course, especially since it feels like they only scratched the surface of the team and their possible role in history. I hope we do see the full team again at some point.

So I guess the JSA being a "secret" crime-busting Superhero team explains why we haven't heard about them before, especially in light of the onset of Superheroes and Metahumans in the Arrowverse during the present day. Makes me wonder what happened to them and their descendants, outside Nate and Mari, and how many other secret Superheroes exist in the Arrowverse and predate Oliver becoming The Arrow.
    I wondered if the red phone Hourman answered was a homage to the red phone '66 Batman TV show.

I'm surprised they had Stargirl there as part of the WWII JSA given she's generally associated with the modern roster, but I guess she is one of their more iconic members now. Seeing her blasting bad guys with her Cosmic Rod was really cool, and Jax flirting with her was cute, and Sarah Grey seemed to have Courtney's spunk down in what little we saw of her here. She also filled out that costume quite well, in what's probably the most skintight Arrowverse costume yet.
    I believe it was (pardon the pun) a amalgamation of all incarnations of the JSA teams.

Why does Jax like to flirt with blondes?

Boo, Dr. Mid-Nite didn't have his owl sidekick .
    Yeah! Boo! Represent more animal sidekicks from DC Comics!

I wonder which Mid-Nite this was supposed to be? Charles McNider or Pieter Cross?
    I think this version of Dr. Mid-Nite (pardon the pun again) was an amalgamation of all versions of Dr. Mid-Nite.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't address Hourman's powers at all, or mentioned Miraclo, but it was cool they made Rex the leader of the team here. Though then they just had Thawne kill him and erase him from time, which was a bit of a bummer. Given how young he was, I wonder if this rules out seeing any of the other Hourmen, or Rick?
    Yeah, I'm disappointed as well. Guess the producers didn't want to show taking drugs are good

The whole Thawne killing Hourman was confusing. I mean how is Hourman going to talk to . . . no, no, I'm lost again. Maybe they'll save Hourman with Miraclo.

Why did neither Ray or Firestorm comment on meeting Mari's Grandmother? Or on meeting someone with the Totem and practically exact same costume as the Vixen they know in the present day? They're supposed to team-up with modern!Vixen in season 2 of her cartoon, and that has to take place before both seasons of Legends of Tomorrow.
    Maybe the Vixen show is set before they meet her grandmother?

I'm curious if we'll ever learn what Amaya was doing with the JSA and why she was a member of an American secret crime-fighting team instead of staying in Zambesi.
    Me too! I also hope they are not going to have pursue Ray trying to flirt with Amaya, otherwise he's going to end up Mari's grandfather. Plus, Amaya needs to return to 1942 to be Mari's grandmother before Mari vanishes quicker than Hourman.

I really hope Victor Garber is in the Supergirl/Flash musical.
    That is a good idea

CG Captain Nazi was cool. Given how hard it is to kill him in the comics, I have a feeling he survived that bombing, though who knows if we'll ever see him again. Be kind of funny if it blasted him into an ocean where he's then promptly discovered by a young Freddy Freeman and his grandfather, thus introducing the Marvel Family into the Arrowverse. A longshot? Big time, but it would be pretty awesome.
    Yeah! Awesome!

Atom and Vixen couldn't have taken care of those Nazi's on their own? I get that they were surrounded, but I would think Amaya could've summoned up something other then a gorilla to get them out of there.

I wonder how Nate is going to feel about Ray giving him that serum once he gets his Citizen Steel powers and can no longer feel anything?

So Thawne's plans actually count on the Legends interfering with things? Oh boy.
    Not to quibble too much, because it was sweet to have the Justice Society of America--but this was hardly the JSA from 1942 that has been shown in the comics. Only Hourman was really accurate to the original team--and he didn't do a lot of Hourman things (spent most of the time with his cowl off).

It would be nice if this appearance further boosts the profile of the JSA in the comic books. But it doesn't do a lot to promote the originals. Maybe another time we'll see more of the classic JSAers show up.

Was that amulet supposed to belong to Dr. Fate?

Vixen complaining that Ray had blown her cover was a bit hard to swallow. So she's a woman of colour in Nazi Europe and that's been working for her? I find it doubtful that she's been able to infiltrate the German high command.
    Here are my two theories why Amaya's cover worked:

1. Maybe she used chameleon/octopus powers to disguise
    2. She could have been posing as a prostitute (I deeply apologize if I offended anyone with that; it wasn't my intention, but remember these are Nazi, she had to work out a disguise that could fool them. Once again, I apologize if I offended anyone.)

I thought Sara looked cool in a beret.
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I hope Dr. Mid-Nite's owl shows up, the JSA is going to stay around throughout this season so there is hope. I wish he and Hourman had more to do in the episode.

I really hope Jay and Alan somehow team up with the JSA. I want it so badly.

Does everyone think Rex is actually dead/erased? I feel like we are going to get a Booster Gold/Supernova 52 twist happen around the mid-season finale or a even little later. Rip's expression when Rex blinked out and the way (and special effects) he blinked out lead me to believe he isn't gone.
    OOH! That would be so cool!

Yeah! I would like more JSA members to appear. Especially the heroic versions of Atom Smasher, Doctor Light, and Red Tornado. Yes, I know Doctor Light and Red Tornado (the android version) were not members of JSA, but if Stargirl and Obsidian can appear in 1942, I believe all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    We all know he'll come back in a blue box :-P
    Or a Time Sphere with Booster Gold, Skeets, and Goldstar.

Retired

Rip Hunter gets me my Doctor Who fix in the absence of much DW coming from BBC. If they were going to put Hunter in limbo, the least they could have done was give us another character with a Brit accent. Not sure why Vixen has an American accent, given the actress is from England. Tom Felton would've been a good substitute for Rip.

Rip Hunter gets me my Doctor Who fix in the absence of much DW coming from BBC. If they were going to put Hunter in limbo, the least they could have done was give us another character with a Brit accent. Not sure why Vixen has an American accent, given the actress is from England. Tom Felton would've been a good substitute for Rip.
    Probably because Mari has an American accent, and they don't want to confuse people. Cuz I guarantee people would post questions along the lines of 'why doesn't Mari have an accent? Her grandma does!'

I will say I've been enjoying this season and, acting wise, Richardson-Sellers is such a fantastic addition. Glad the Hawks are gone, the actors did no justice to an interesting storyline

Mighty Member

I was happy to hear Victor Garber singing "Edelweiss"--one great Canadian actor singing a song that most of us know from another great Canadian actor, Christopher Plummer, in THE SOUND OF MUSIC. Of course, this is not an Austrian folk song as some might think but a show tune written for the stage by Rodgers and Hammerstein, expressly for Theodore Bikel who played Captain von Trapp in the original run.
    Which is exactly why Professor Stein says this line:

"My name is Max Lorenz, and, uh, this little waltz I am about to sing for you is an original song.
    Uh, very popular in Austria where where the hills are alive with the sound of music."

In the musical, "Edelweiss" is sung as a declaration of Austrian freedom from the Nazi invaders, so it's quite ironic to have Martin Stein singing this anthem to a room full of Nazis who tear up over the song.
    Yes, which is also why the Legends are smiling so brightly, because everyone who has seen "Sound of Music" knows exactly what the meaning of this song is. All the room full of Nazis in 1942 would know on the first hearing of "Edelweiss" is that it is about Austria. For all we know, the General is from Austria (some Austrians did willingly join the Nazis), so hearing a love song to his home might have really touched him. In any case, it was hilarious.

I am also in the camp of those who believe that we have not seen the last of Hourman and Rip by a long shot. Rip knows more about time than anyone, including Reverse Flash. I think he's gone deep covert in 1942, which is where I believe most of the major non-filler events will be focused on. The JSA and Legends both now to have to soldier on without their leaders until both arrive in save the day in true glorious comic fashion.

Retired

The other nice touch in Martin Stein's performance was the tip of the hat for Marty McFly's "watch me for the changes and try to keep up." So actually Victor Garber was giving tribute to both Michael J. Fox and Christopher Plummer--a Canadian hat trick.

BANNED

Dr Mid Nite and Commander steel looked horrible, imo. It's not that difficult to pull off a cowl, in fact it would look way better than what they have now. I mean come on! that's not the Dr Mid Nite I know. He's one of my favorite comic characters ever, and it sucked that he not only looked bad, but he was also very underutilized. As for Commander steel, I get it his costume might look a little silly on camera, but they should have at least put more work into it! I mean seriously the designs for both of these characters were so lazy and uninspired. FYI, idc that they made him black. Just in case anyone thought that was one of my gripes.

Obsidian was the highlight for me. Can't wait to see Lance Henriksen (one of my favorite actors, as any Millennium fan might be able to tell from my UN) portray the older version of him. It was originally reported that he's only doing the voice, but that's not the case, you can see a brief shot of Lance in one of the trailers.

Retired

The way most of the JSAers were under-utlilized, I got the feeling they were just there to set up a future episode when we see the next generation. We already know that Nate will be Citizen Steel and we'll see a much older Obsidian (one that actuallly has a few lines). So we'll probably see a second generation Doctor Mid-Nite (Beth Chapel version maybe). And I wonder about Stargirl.

BANNED

The way most of the JSAers were under-utlilized, I got the feeling they were just there to set up a future episode when we see the next generation. We already know that Nate will be Citizen Steel and we'll see a much older Obsidian (one that actuallly has a few lines). So we'll probably see a second generation Doctor Mid-Nite (Beth Chapel version maybe). And I wonder about Stargirl.
    Maybe Starman (Jack Knight) ?

BANNED

I thought it was done very well and everyone looked pretty good

I like Nate a lot, very affable and not annoyingly so