Page 53 of 277 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

lol. mick fanboying over ninjas.

Mighty Member

That Barry Allen message a hint of the upcoming crossover episodes no doubt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    lol. mick fanboying over ninjas.
    ninjas are real, man

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

So...did the woman that Nate was pining for have any relevance? Historical or DCU?

I thought the episode was cool but I'm gonna need someone to explain to grandma Vixen that she can do more the cats and gorillas.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Hope Ray gets his damn suit back, or at least uses his superbrain.

Retired

With all the advanced equipment on the Waverider and Ray's super-brain, you'd think he'd be able to replicate his original suit. I hope this isn't a way to push Brandon Routh off the show--because he's one of my main reasons for watching.

In the comics, the Atom's metagene allows him to shrink--whereas anyone else would explode. I thought that TV Ray had some metahuman abilities, too.

After two episodes that were rather comical, this one had a more serious tone, while still maintaining a lot of humour. Perhaps one of the best episodes of the entire series. A great showcase for all the characters--especially Nate and Ray. But I note that Stein and Jax were left behind again--though their scenes were kind of important, too. Firestorm is possibly the team's most powerful asset, yet the scripts seem to find ways of excluding the Nuclear Man from the action.

They ended with the Rolling Stone's "Time is on My Side"--but since I used that last season, for this week's song selection I'm going with music from Kurosawa's THE HIDDEN FORTRESS--a movie that influenced STAR WARS, referenced by Nate.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    So...did the woman that Nate was pining for have any relevance? Historical or DCU?
    She's apparently Tatsu Yamashiro/Katana's ancestor, which explains the significance of the sword. Ray got the reference because he met Tatsu (for like two seconds) in the climax of Arrow season 3.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Hope Ray gets his damn suit back, or at least uses his superbrain.
    Am I the only one thinking the Shogun got shrunk, not killed? I'm expecting Ray to find the suit somewhere in 1940's Japan- possibly having just run out of juice and returning to normal size as Ray arrives or something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    That Barry Allen message a hint of the upcoming crossover episodes no doubt.
    I disagree, I think he's warning Rip about RF

Random thoughts, some based on the some of the posts here:
    -- I was wondering if that Japanese surname had any significance. Not being too familiar with Katana, I suspected but thanks for the confirmation.
    -- I almost expect Ray to have internalized the shrinking ability so that he doesn't have to be their Iron Man anymore.
    -- I really wished that those ninjas didn't wear the stereotypical black pajamas. Back in the day, the original ninja didn't wear that. And even if they did, they wouldn't have worn it *in the daytime!* It's all about camouflage! But I guess most people needed the black pajamas to understand "ninja."
    -- Is it me, or are they laying groundwork with Vixen's line about there being *five* totems?
    -- Great seeing Dr Mid-Nite, but am I the only one who thought he looked more "Mystery Men" then JSA? (and for people who weren't familiar with him, was there any way to understand his gimmick? The one scene with his POV didnt' mean anything since everybody else in the fight could see one another)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-28-2016 at 12:28 AM.

Alright, this was by FAR the best episode of the entire series^^
    Loved the setting, loved the character moments (Ray becoming more badass even without the suit, Mick fanboying over Ninjas, Nate learning not to be so cocky etc), the pop culture refernces and the stage is set for something awesome, if they don't fail to deliver something big on Future-Barry's warning.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

It was posted on a thread on another board I am on, and maybe here, who knows...the idea that they are distancing Ray away from the Iron Man ripoff aspect of his suit and maybe streamlining his costume to where it's more a suit, with some kind of smaller wearable tech to facilitate shrinking. I hope so.

So who's going to get to do the intro next episode? Jax? Ray? I can't wait to hear how Mick does it .

It's so weird to see them keep referring to themselves as "Legends" when they never once called themselves that at any point in season one outside Rip's original speech to them.

Isn't Nate's deal in the comics that his steel skin cuts off his sense of touch, so he basically can't feel anything anymore? That seems like a pretty important detail to leave out of an adaption, and seems far more interesting then just making him into a rip-off of pre-Deadpool Colossus (like Girder on Flash was). But I guess that would've been a downer to have in the episode where he romances Katana's ancestor...

So is he "Citizen Steel" or just "Steel," because the latter is a whole different Heywood .

I feel like Ray would have modified his suit to the degree where only he could actually use it, if only as a safety precaution and because of how smart he is, but making it so simple to use that even an idiot could pilot it feels like a dig at that time Felicity used the Atom suit in the Arrow season 3 finale.

It was nice to see Ray prove (once again, for maybe the umpteenth time) that he doesn't need his suit to be a hero, though I really wonder where they're going to go with him now that The Atom suit is seemingly destroyed. Is he going to build a new suit? Get a proper costume that's not just a rip-off of Iron Man? Is he just going to pull a Hank Pym and just be "Dr. Palmer" going forward?

2056 is the year Impulse came to the present in the Young Justice cartoon, and it just so happens to be the point in time from where the older Barry is leaving this message for Rip. Coincidence?

Lots of cool moments in this episode. Vixen taking out practically the whole team, Samurai Ray and Citizen Steel versus Shogun Atom, Mick vs. ninjas, Sara and Amaya cutting down bad guys, and Sara winning a single-stroke battle .

Mick's fanboying over Ninja's was unexpected, yet hilarious.

Seeing Tatsu's ancestors and the origin of her sword is probably the closest we'll get to ever seeing Katana in the Arrowverse again.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Random thoughts, some based on the some of the posts here:
    Is it me, or are they laying groundwork with Vixen's line about there being *five* totems?
    They are. Season 2 of the Vixen web-series goes into detail about the other Totems and exactly what they do.
    -- Great seeing Dr Mid-Nite, but am I the only one who thought he looked more "Mystery Men" then JSA? (and for people who weren't familiar with him, was there any way to understand his gimmick? The one scene with his POV didnt' mean anything since everybody else in the fight could see one another)
    Well, I think to some degree it was apparent that he was using a form of echolocation there (even though Mid-Nite's comic power is just the ability to see in the dark), and that's how he was able to realize Mick was coming right at him from behind.
    Last edited by Frontier; 10-28-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't Nate's deal in the comics that his steel skin cuts off his sense of touch, so he basically can't feel anything anymore? That seems like a pretty important detail to leave out of an adaption, and seems far more interesting then just making him into a rip-off of pre-Deadpool Colossus (like Girder on Flash was). But I guess that would've been a downer to have in the episode where he romances Katana's ancestor...

So is he "Citizen Steel" or just "Steel," because the latter is a whole different Heywood .

I thought they were going to get to that once they started talking about the military ranks of his grandfather and father, but they didn't.

I can see the show dropping anything about his being permanently "steeled" up. I think it's one of the things they just wouldn't want to deal with or depict.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.