Page 54 of 277 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    I thought they were going to get to that once they started talking about the military ranks of his grandfather and father, but they didn't.

I can see the show dropping anything about his being permanently "steeled" up. I think it's one of the things they just wouldn't want to deal with or depict.
    I guess it would be a little too "dramatic" or "depressing" to include in what's ostensibly supposed to be a fun, zany, time-travelling Superhero show and might not fit with how they're depicting Nate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it would be a little too "dramatic" or "depressing" to include in what's ostensibly supposed to be a fun, zany, time-travelling Superhero show and might not fit with how they're depicting Nate.
    They could perma-steel him, but then they make some sort of holographic device thing-y so he looks human. Until there's a fight scene and he turns it off to look all steel again.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    It was posted on a thread on another board I am on, and maybe here, who knows...the idea that they are distancing Ray away from the Iron Man ripoff aspect of his suit and maybe streamlining his costume to where it's more a suit, with some kind of smaller wearable tech to facilitate shrinking. I hope so.
    I feel like thats where they are going with it

Feudal Japan...like the Wild West...it's just one of the places time travelers go, right? It was cool they tied it back to an already established hero, though.

I don't get why Amaya would think ninjas aren't real. Although I did like her sarcastically talking about the League of Assassins. Mick was funny, I wonder how he was able to beat those ninjas without his gun, though?

I'm surprised about Ray losing his suit, but hopefully he will find a way to have some kind of ability or shrinking gimmick.

2056 is the year Impulse came to the present in the Young Justice cartoon, and it just so happens to be the point in time from where the older Barry is leaving this message for Rip. Coincidence?
    Yes. Although, now that you mention it, Barry Allen was created in 1956, so maybe they both wanted to reference that? Barry's message has to be more than just a warning. Rip would share a warning with his team, and Stein and Jax certainly would. Maybe it's an Armageddon 2001 reference and Barry reveals that there's a traitor on the team but he isn't sure who it is?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Feudal Japan...like the Wild West...it's just one of the places time travelers go, right? It was cool they tied it back to an already established hero, though.
    Along with Nazi Germany and the American Civil War. I think the stone age and a dystonian future are other popular travel destinations for the time traveler on the go.

Incredible Member

don't forget the carribean during the golden age of piracy so they can all dress like pirates.

I don't get why Amaya would think ninjas aren't real. Although I did like her sarcastically talking about the League of Assassins. Mick was funny, I wonder how he was able to beat those ninjas without his gun, though?
    While it seemed a little out-of-character for Amaya, I think that scene at the end where she throws the Shuriken at Mick was meant to show that she was just messing with him the entire time about not believing in ninja's.

I mean, she basically is a ninja when you think about it .

I'm surprised about Ray losing his suit, but hopefully he will find a way to have some kind of ability or shrinking gimmick.

Yes. Although, now that you mention it, Barry Allen was created in 1956, so maybe they both wanted to reference that? Barry's message has to be more than just a warning. Rip would share a warning with his team, and Stein and Jax certainly would. Maybe it's an Armageddon 2001 reference and Barry reveals that there's a traitor on the team but he isn't sure who it is?

Mick had me cracking up with all the ninja remarks.

I cant see any of the current team being a traitor. Mic is too loyal and everyone else is too good. Iono maybe its not an intentional traitor. Like sara betrays the team in the future to get revenge on Darhk. Iono

The warning might have been that the Legends are somehow going to unintentionally help Thawne with his plan, rather then directly helping him, since it seems like he's planning for them interfering in what he's doing which is why he killed Hourman.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Perhaps the legend of the shogun in the ATOM armor inspired Kamen Rider and Super Sentai (Power Rangers).

Retired

So the Legion of Doom is supposed to include Eobard Thawne, Damien Darhk, Malcolm Merlyn and Leonard Snart--reversing the positions of Len and Mick in season one.

I hope that more villains are added to that list along the way. They could use some female partners--I suggest Black Siren, Killer Frost, Silver Banshee and Livewire.

I liked the Yoda references, but really, this show and Supergirl so close to each other? I think "Do or do not, there is no try" is up there will phrases that need to be retired like "We're not in Kansas anymore."

While it seemed a little out-of-character for Amaya, I think that scene at the end where she throws the Shuriken at Mick was meant to show that she was just messing with him the entire time about not believing in ninja's.

I mean, she basically is a ninja when you think about it .
    You may have a point there.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I cant see any of the current team being a traitor. Mic is too loyal and everyone else is too good. Iono maybe its not an intentional traitor. Like sara betrays the team in the future to get revenge on Darhk. Iono
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Maybe Rip only knows part of the story, just that it looks like someone betrayed the team, but he kept it to himself until he could investigate further.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    So the Legion of Doom is supposed to include Eobard Thawne, Damien Darhk, Malcolm Merlyn and Leonard Snart--reversing the positions of Len and Mick in season one.

I hope that more villains are added to that list along the way. They could use some female partners--I suggest Black Siren, Killer Frost, Silver Banshee and Livewire.
    The Silver Banshee and Livewire from Supergirl? The most logical answer to that problem would be to bring back Katie Cassidy as Black Siren, but at the expense of having two archers, I'd like to see Cupid.

Retired

It seems to me if Professor Zoom can flash around the timestream, then it should be a doddle to bring people over from alternate earths (Hunter Zolomon was doing it all season on THE FLASH). And if they can bring Black Siren over--which would be a dream--then bringing over Silver Banshee and Livewire must be a piece of cake. Also, if they could bring in Italia Ricci's Silver Banshee, then a guest appearance from Robbie Amell would be in order. Given Italia and Robbie are now married--it's a match that Cupid would approve.

It seems to me if Professor Zoom can flash around the timestream, then it should be a doddle to bring people over from alternate earths (Hunter Zolomon was doing it all season on THE FLASH). And if they can bring Black Siren over--which would be a dream--then bringing over Silver Banshee and Livewire must be a piece of cake. Also, if they could bring in Italia Ricci's Silver Banshee, then a guest appearance from Robbie Amell would be in order. Given Italia and Robbie are now married--it's a match that Cupid would approve.
    Not sure we will see Italia Ricci on any of the CW shows in the near future. She plays a main character on Designated Survivor and probably prefers doing that over spending hours in a make-up chair.
    If they were to decide to use Silver Banshee again they would probably cast someone else in the role. Livewire is probably available though. As far as I know Brit Morgan isn't doing much these days.

Wait what they are bringing cold back as a straight villian?