Page 56 of 277 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

So is Ray now the new Captain Cold ?

I guess it makes sense that Mick would give Ray Snart's Cold Gun. Out of all the Legends, and next to Snart, Ray is probably the one Mick is closest to, if very begrudgingly. It makes sense that he'd be willing to work with Ray as his new partner and let him carry on Cold's legacy, as it were. And pairing Mick with a goody-goody like Ray on a more permanent basis should be fun .

But I wonder if the Cold Gun is going to be Ray's thing from now on or if he's ever going to become The Atom again? At least the Cold Gun will let him go out into the field rather then stay the team Den Mother.

And I wonder how all this is going to be effect by Captain Cold coming back...

Is Vixen ever going to bring out something other then a gorilla? I think she used a tiger once, but that was about it. Mari on Arrow at least used one or three different animals.

Stein's Zombie phobia was hilarious .

Jax talking about not changing the timeline reminds me to ask...whatever happened to his Dad? Did telling him about his future effect anything?

One of the slave's recognizing Amaya's Totem as being from one of the warrior women of Zambesi was a nice touch. It makes sense that a generation not that disconnected from Africa yet would be able to recognize it.

That was one very young-looking Ulysses S. Grant...

I'm surprised Nate's clothes survived that bomb last, but I guess they didn't want to go with a naked Citizen Steel joke.

Retired

I'm expecting that five seconds after he gets the cold gun, Ray is taking it apart to understand how it works and what else he can do with the technology. Give him an hour and he'll probably have a cold fusiion reactor.

The way I explain to myself Vixen's limited animal spirits is that maybe she needs to have actually encountered the animal to summon its spirit. So Vixen needs to meet more animals.

To shield Nate's modesty, we shoud probably just assume he has one of those auras that so many other super-heroes have. So his clothes don't get burned off, because the aura protects them from too much damage.

With the way the team is coming together, I wonder what happens when Rip finally does return. He hasn't gone through these battles with them, what have made them a better band of do-gooders.

Retired

I can understand why we don't see Firestorm in action more often--because 1. it's expensive CGI and 2. he could end every fight in five seconds--however, I think they need to explain it away, instead of coming up with excuses to separate Martin and Jax.

They could say that the merge takes a lot out of Stein and Jackson and they need a certain amount of down time before they can return to action as Firestorm.

By the way, why did Jefferson Jackson's parents give him a slave-owner's name for his given name? His family name I understand, but by the time Jax was born, Jefferson's history as a slave-owner was well-known.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I can understand why we don't see Firestorm in action more often--because 1. it's expensive CGI and 2. he could end every fight in five seconds--however, I think they need to explain it away, instead of coming up with excuses to separate Martin and Jax.

They could say that the merge takes a lot out of Stein and Jackson and they need a certain amount of down time before they can return to action as Firestorm.

By the way, why did Jefferson Jackson's parents give him a slave-owner's name for his given name? His family name I understand, but by the time Jax was born, Jefferson's history as a slave-owner was well-known.
    Yeah, i saw the clip of the first zombie fight, and i was annoyed at all the different ways they keep stein and jax from merging; i'm wondering if they should just ditch firestorm and have stein go it alone. Seeing it in context of the episode, with the actual firestorm cameo, didn't really help much. I'm also waiting for vixen to channel a falcon like she did in arrow last year. Would that make her too powerful, or something?
    "Naked citizen steel..."�� Nah, i got nothing.��

As far as founding fathers and early america go jefferson wasnt that bad for the time. John adams is the only person who comes to mind that didnt own slaves at some point. Jefferson inherited his and didnt believe former slaves could live peacfully among there former masters. So like alot of anti slavey people in history he wanted to deport them all(longer more compicated plan but that was the end goal). So that explains why he didnt free the slaves he inherited. Doesnt excuse any of it but within context Jefferson is one of the better politicians of that era. Also its just a name, not everyone named jefferson is named after thomas jefferson. Plenty of athiest give theyre kid biblical names, sometimes a name is just a name.

The Democratic party used to have fundraising dinners called "Jefferson Jackson" but they changed the name due to ...connotations.

I thought the cold gun was destroyed with Snart in the season finale, but if they still have it there's no point in not using it. May as well give it to Ray to keep him from feeling insecure.-)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    The Democratic party used to have fundraising dinners called "Jefferson Jackson" but they changed the name due to ...connotations.

I thought the cold gun was destroyed with Snart in the season finale, but if they still have it there's no point in not using it. May as well give it to Ray to keep him from feeling insecure.-)
    If you saw the finale, mick had a new partner who was using snart's gun. He killed a security guard, mick kills him and takes back the cold gun.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Still hoping Ray moves toward a slimmed down Atom costume/power set.

I don't see Ray with the Cold Gun being that permanent, especially with Snart coming back.

I doubt they'd want to change up his main shtick that much.

Retired

Maybe the cold gun will serve as a hook for re-introducing Len Snart.

Might have also been the name of a beloved relative. I'm sure they didn't name him Jefferson to honor a long-dead president.

Sandy Hausler

Wow, this episode was...dark. Like really fucking dark.
    Didn't expect that. But given the time period, it worked really well.

I thought they would touch upon the racism with a one or two throwaway lines at best. Had no idea the episode would actually be centered around it. Kudos to them.

I'm pretty sure a girl with a mystical amulet that can grant her the ability of any animal and no legitimate phobia of zombies, would have been a better pairing with Ray. Than a duo of two people of color raiding a confederate household. BUT...narratively I very much understand it, because mixing and matching characters can be awesome and seeing how one plays against the other. Even though this time around it was predictable and slightly cheesy.

Speaking of characters playing off of each other, I think it's about time Jax gets some fighting lessons from his big sister Sara. Especially if they're going to keep creating in show lame excuses as to why him and Stein get separated. The out of show reasons I understand. Also at a certain point if you're doing this job for a long time, and a newbie comes along and sees you're a one trick pony, they'll have every reason to slack. Same goes with Ray, I'll never understand why she thought he can "train" steal in anything, or teach combat focus, when he needs aid himself.

On the topic of Ray, I'm not sure why he wasn't bitten towards the end..? But him getting the cold gun is actually interesting to me, I'll be fully on board if it's just a temporary thing.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Grant wasn't drunk enough :-P
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Astonishing Member

So would Vixen blow her cover in Nazi territory to stop an atrocity? I mean the interplay between her and Jax when the woman was being whipped was a great character moment but it doesn't fit with what we've been shown about her WW II role.