Page 57 of 277 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

A dark episode but I really liked it.

I do agree with other who said Vixen needs to do more with her powers.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    A dark episode but I really liked it.

I do agree with other who said Vixen needs to do more with her powers.
    agreed

for a CW show, they did what they could with the subject matter without getting TOO graphic

Astonishing Member

I'm hoping Citizen Steel stays on the team for as long as possible. I'm okay with Ray retiring from the team since Citizen Steel's character is kinda like the new Ray.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    I'm hoping Citizen Steel stays on the team for as long as possible. I'm okay with Ray retiring from the team since Citizen Steel's character is kinda like the new Ray.
    Nick Zano is doing an okay job as Nate Heywood, but he's no Brandon Routh. I like Routh and his Ray Palmer is a fun character. And I like the comic book Atom a lot more than Steel.

That name Citizen Steel is kind of stupid. I remember the original Steel from the '70s. Gerry Conway seemed to plunder the Shield, Captain America, Wolverine and the Six Million Dollar Man to come up with his Hank Heywood character. And then Wolfman and Perez took some of that for their Cyborg. Calling him Commander Steel just made the similarity to Captain America more obvious.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Nick Zano is doing an okay job as Nate Heywood, but he's no Brandon Routh. I like Routh and his Ray Palmer is a fun character. And I like the comic book Atom a lot more than Steel.

That name Citizen Steel is kind of stupid. I remember the original Steel from the '70s. Gerry Conway seemed to plunder the Shield, Captain America, Wolverine and the Six Million Dollar Man to come up with his Hank Heywood character. And then Wolfman and Perez took some of that for their Cyborg. Calling him Commander Steel just made the similarity to Captain America more obvious.
    Odd name aside, this season's team line up is just a joy. This Vixen is alot better than the other one in Arrow. They should've just started LOT with season 2 storyline/line up.

Retired

Maybe with Vixen's spirit beasts the producers have learned their lesson. Once they do really spectacular CGI effects with a character, then we're going to expect that all the time. It's better to lower the bar. If they had done that with Firestorm for example, maybe he wouldn't be a flying, flaming creature. Comic book Firestorm, originally, didn't burst into flame--although he did fly around a bit. They could have established TV Firestorm as a guy who can't fly, who just transposes the atomic structure of elements, and has a weird haircut. CGI problem solved. Now it's too late to go back and lower expectations.

That's the thing, they even noticed they were kind of the same which is why they tried turning him into a "serious" mentor for a hot second during the edo episode.

BANNED

Well, that was fun...
    Half über-serious dark as hell slavery stuff, half zany fun with zombies...
    It's like Buffy never left.

Also, Nick Zano is a much better name for a superhero than Nate Haywood.

BANNED

I like Nate a lot, more than I expected to

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I like Nate a lot, more than I expected to
    He's grown on me, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    He's grown on me, for sure.
    3rded. Same.

Wow, I wasn't expecting this level of seriousness in this episode, but they didn't shy away from Civil War-era attitudes. Good Jax episode.

Are they actually going to come back to this zombie infection thing? All that exposition at the beginning of the episode seemed important. Ray and Mick together is always great. I suppose Mick could've been using Snart's gun this whole time in addition to his own gun, but out of respect for him, he just kept it. Passing it on to Ray was a nice gesture.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Curious question: What's your opinion if they decided to add Constantine?

Has it ever been explained why if Barry goes back in time and makes ONE CHANGE you get Flashpoint, yet the Legends do this on a weekly basis and no biggie? If I had to guess I'd say they deal with predestination paradoxes (for instance the shogun was always meant to disappear, we just now know why), but I don't think its been said outright on the show.

As far as I know, the character's name is Steel, just like it originally was when the character first appeared in the 1970s. But since they don't really use superhero names on the show, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Sandy Hausler