Page 58 of 277 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Curious question: What's your opinion if they decided to add Constantine?
    Constantine is best used as a guest star, not as a regular character.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Has it ever been explained why if Barry goes back in time and makes ONE CHANGE you get Flashpoint, yet the Legends do this on a weekly basis and no biggie? If I had to guess I'd say they deal with predestination paradoxes (for instance the shogun was always meant to disappear, we just now know why), but I don't think its been said outright on the show.
    Excellent question. It might be that time travel intervention is part of the natural time line such as the death of Nora Allen. Saving Katana's ancestor might fit into that, but still it seems strange that the team is not screwing things up more (or at all).

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post

Sandy Hausler
    Agreed, but I do wonder if a magic based team show where he's a regular (though not the main star) would work. Like Legends only dealing with magical threats instead of time travel.

Off the top of my head, Constantine, Zatanna, Dr. Fate. Zauriel, Ragman (on loan/spunoff from Arrow), and Madame Xanadu.

BANNED

They can't. The rights to the character are still held by... whatever studio did the Constantine show, and they're not letting them go. The appearance on Arrow was a very expensive and singular, not repeatable event.
    Last edited by Carabas; 11-06-2016 at 01:46 PM.

Excellent question. It might be that time travel intervention is part of the natural time line such as the death of Nora Allen. Saving Katana's ancestor might fit into that, but still it seems strange that the team is not screwing things up more (or at all).

Sandy Hausler
    I want to say its something exclusive to speedsters, but then I find a hard time reconciling Eobard's shenanigans. The first time I get, he killed Wells but then "became" Wells so the timeline went more or less unaffected, minus the actual Wells's wife still being alive. Now, though, that he's helping Darkh in the past...*shrugs*

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They can't. The rights to the character are still held by... whatever studio did the Constantine show, and they're not letting them go. The appearance on Arrow was a very expensive and singular, not repeatable event.
    It was just a fun curious question I wanted to share. I apologize if I offended you in any way, it wasn't my intention.

BANNED

It was just a fun curious question I wanted to share. I apologize if I offended you in any way, it wasn't my intention.
    I only sought to inform. No offense of any kind was taken or intended.

And yes, everything is better with more Constantine in it.

Sandy Hausler
    Agreed. Constantine is best taken in small doses. That's why he wasn't able to carry a TV series on his own on NBC and no one else wanted to take over a Constantine TV series after NBC dropped it.

DC Comics owns the rights to Constantine and the TV show was produced by DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television, and distributed by Warner Bros. Television Distribution.
    The same companies that own and produce Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Gotham, Lucifer, and iZombie. And whatever the cost was, it was simply taking money out
    of the left hand and putting it into the right hand.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I only sought to inform. No offense of any kind was taken or intended.

And yes, everything is better with more Constantine in it.
    Thank you! I feel better!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Has it ever been explained why if Barry goes back in time and makes ONE CHANGE you get Flashpoint, yet the Legends do this on a weekly basis and no biggie? If I had to guess I'd say they deal with predestination paradoxes (for instance the shogun was always meant to disappear, we just now know why), but I don't think its been said outright on the show.
    I'm thinking that using the Speed Force to make time changes is like using a butcher knife to do fine surgery. It gets the job done but it makes quite a bit of a mess. The Waverider and the Legends are more like a scapel, more precise and leaves little 'scars' (time changes).

Also maybe the Speed Force and Time don't mix well (like calcium and water) and when there are Time changes around the Speed Force the Speed Force magnifies the subtle changes that occur. Thrawne may have had a little more practice (or researched the effects of Speed Force time changes after getting stuck in the past) and can minimize the changes.

Retired

The changes that LEGENDS OF TOMORROW and THE FLASH have made to the timeline are nothing compared with TIMELESS--and that after just five episodes. In my head cannon, the Legends are making repairs to all the rips in time that those whacky screw-ups in their timeless machines have created. It makes sense, since these shows use the same locations. And I don't doubt Oliver Queen's mother is involved somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    I'm thinking that using the Speed Force to make time changes is like using a butcher knife to do fine surgery. It gets the job done but it makes quite a bit of a mess. The Waverider and the Legends are more like a scapel, more precise and leaves little 'scars' (time changes).

Also maybe the Speed Force and Time don't mix well (like calcium and water) and when there are Time changes around the Speed Force the Speed Force magnifies the subtle changes that occur. Thrawne may have had a little more practice (or researched the effects of Speed Force time changes after getting stuck in the past) and can minimize the changes.
    ...I can buy that. Plus as an added precaution there's time wraiths, which are exclusive to Speedsters. No time wraiths are trying to stop the Legends.

Also brings a bit of perspective to Jay's teacup (or was it a coffee cup) example. He could have just dropped it but he specifically vibrated it till it chipped. That's something only a speedster can do, and that's the consequence (still together but visibly chipped and now probably can't hold liquids) that only a speedster would face.

We're getting four more episodes this season, woot woot

http://www.cbr.com/legends-of-tomorr...by-4-episodes/

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    We're getting four more episodes this season, woot woot

http://www.cbr.com/legends-of-tomorr...by-4-episodes/
    Hopefully they use the extended episode count as well .

DC still owsn the charatcer and CW bought the rights to season 1 to air on seed or whatever. So what claim can nbc or whoever did it have to the character? Maybe the actor was still under contract at.the time and thats what cost so much. Cause i cant think of any reason they cant use constantine if they wanted.