Page 6 of 277 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I doubt he's gone, he'll be dead for a while but then they'll pick up a reincarnated Carter up from a different time.
    Why does anyone think they need two winged people on the show? When they first announced that Hawkgirl would be appearing on Arrow/Flash, no mention was made of Hawkman. I think it was always the intention of the producers to have Hawkman appear to set up Hawkgirl's origin and then have him exit (die). Since he will be reincarnated at some time, they always have a way to bring him back (can you imagine a hot 50-year old Hawkgirl and a 20 year old Hawkman?), but I don't think it's necessary.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
    Not real sad to see Carter go. The weakest link was certainly cut loose. The Carter/Kendra bits were the worst elements of the show by far.

I like Cold and Heatwave though. Some of the cast have amusing chemistry together.
    Except for the Hawks (and Rip Hunter) the cast has GREAT chemistry. I loved the bar fight with Sara, Captain Cold and Heatwave in the first episode and the campus episode with Sara, Jax and Professor Stein. Sara is coming across much more lighthearted in Legends than she did in Arrow. (And Laurel, in Arrow, is playing a much more lighthearted Black Canary -- a heroine who loves what she is.)

I'm really liking this show.

Sandy Hausler

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OceanStar View Post
    I 1/2 expected his younger self to say:I'm on my way to see a Gospel play.
    Heh. I was expecting younger Martin to be sporting that big 'fro Garber had from that movie.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
    Not real sad to see Carter go. The weakest link was certainly cut loose. The Carter/Kendra bits were the worst elements of the show by far.
    He was really bad. The only time I didn't have a problem with him was in last night's episode when he told Kendra she didn't have to follow the destiny script if she didn't want to.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Thank you DC for not being as uptight as Marvel about showing characters smoking pot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I like how this show keeps doing wide shots showing everyone fighting.
    Makes me want to go back and look at what everyone is doing.
    I kind of liked that, but the edits between wide shots and isolation shots was kind of confusing at times. For instance, Capt. Cold and Heat Wave were shown back to back spraying the room with a constant spray from their guns by rotating in a circle. Next shot is wide showing the whole group and not one of them gets hit by those weapons (which are mysteriously no longer firing) even though they would have been right in the path of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I like how this show keeps doing wide shots showing everyone fighting.
    Makes me want to go back and look at what everyone is doing.

I liked that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I kind of liked that, but the edits between wide shots and isolation shots was kind of confusing at times. For instance, Capt. Cold and Heat Wave were shown back to back spraying the room with a constant spray from their guns by rotating in a circle. Next shot is wide showing the whole group and not one of them gets hit by those weapons (which are mysteriously no longer firing) even though they would have been right in the path of them.
    I thought of that as I watched. Atom seemed to be portrayed better in this sense from what I recall.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I agree, but I'd add the Hawkcouple to that as well. One would have been fine. Both is just annoying.
    There you go. One is what you got.

Extraordinary Member

Sara's becoming a cool biker chick only without the bike (yet). I think its hysterical how well she gets along with the rogues.

I see that this show is going to have to pull out every plot contrivance in the book to keep Atom and Firestorm from handling everything themselves.

So even if Firestorm had vaporized Savage he'd...unvaporize later? Because only Hawkgirl can kill him?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Except for the Hawks (and Rip Hunter) the cast has GREAT chemistry. I loved the bar fight with Sara, Captain Cold and Heatwave in the first episode and the campus episode with Sara, Jax and Professor Stein. Sara is coming across much more lighthearted in Legends than she did in Arrow. (And Laurel, in Arrow, is playing a much more lighthearted Black Canary -- a heroine who loves what she is.)

I'm really liking this show.

Sandy Hausler
    This show really has the potential to be the most fun of everything the WB has to offer. I laughed out loud more than any episode of ARROW or FLASH than I can recall.

I'm confused about Carter's death...if he dies in the past, does he reincarnate in that same era? If so, then it would seem he created a loop of sorts, and he'll never reincarnate again. Have they said whether he was born in 1975? It's reasonable to believe so.

And next week looks to resolve the question of whether Savage can be stopped in ancient Egypt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    So even if Firestorm had vaporized Savage he'd...unvaporize later? Because only Hawkgirl can kill him?
    Best not to think about how immortals are guaranteed immortality. It never really makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Sara's becoming a cool biker chick only without the bike (yet). I think its hysterical how well she gets along with the rogues.

I see that this show is going to have to pull out every plot contrivance in the book to keep Atom and Firestorm from handling everything themselves.

The Atom is pretty bad-ass in this show. He's easily my favorite, Ray is just so likable and he's the only one that loves playing superhero.

His power-set is off the charts. He can shrink, fly, enhanced strength, shoot energy blasts, and has the face computer thing. He's almost a walking JL on his own.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

You know something I'd love to see adapted for Legends of Tomorrow?

That JLU story where Superman is transported to a distant future after Vandal Savage has destroyed humanity, and Vandal actually helps him go back in time and stop that from ever happening because he regrets it.

A very cool twist.

Going by Guggenheim's interview, the Hawks are never reincarnated until they both die. I guess that explains why they aren't constantly involved in a May/December romance.

Of course, Savage usually tracks them down, so is this the first time one has died without the other?

Well, that's no longer a problem. And thanks for that. Hawkman came across as a douche. There was not a minute he was on the screen that I liked him.

Sandy Hausler
    I thought the reveal about the knife and Carter's reaction to Kendra's reluctance to go through with their romance were good scenes and very romantic. Just me though. I wasn't crazy about Hentschel as Hawkman but I thought he was good in certain moments.

Why does anyone think they need two winged people on the show? When they first announced that Hawkgirl would be appearing on Arrow/Flash, no mention was made of Hawkman. I think it was always the intention of the producers to have Hawkman appear to set up Hawkgirl's origin and then have him exit (die). Since he will be reincarnated at some time, they always have a way to bring him back (can you imagine a hot 50-year old Hawkgirl and a 20 year old Hawkman?), but I don't think it's necessary.

Sandy Hausler
    Personally, I wanted both Hawks on the show and team because I'm tired of just having one of them in something instead of just using both and having them together. They're one of the oldest comic couples and Superhero partners, and it feels like that should get more respect then it does.

That, and Hawkman is always getting ignored in comics so I was hoping the show would do better by him. Unfortunately that wasn't the case .

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Going by Guggenheim's interview, the Hawks are never reincarnated until they both die. I guess that explains why they aren't constantly involved in a May/December romance.

Of course, Savage usually tracks them down, so is this the first time one has died without the other?
    Carter made it out to be that they always eventually found each other after they reincarnated and became Hawkman and Hawkgirl, and that in doing so they would always be together by the time Savage found them which made it easier to take both out.