Page 68 of 277 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 4155
    BANNED

This was a very enjoyable mid-season finale but Arrow's was easily the best.

Still, it was great to see the Legion of Doom in action.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Gideon had a funny line that introduced the possibilty that she's fixed Mick Rory's brain. If this wasn't just a throwaway ha ha, then it's possible that Mick's brain is different from the others--which could mean that Leonard Snart is more than just an hallucination.

The Tenth Doctor famously used the Chameleion Arch to make himself seem human. In 1913, he took the name John Smith and had no memory of his life as a Time Lord, yet he kept A Journal of Impossible Things--a kind of dream diary with notes and illustrations that described things from his unremembered life as the Doctor.

It could be that Rip Hunter has done the same thing--deposited himself in the past, with a false identity and no conscious memory of his Time Master existence, yet details of that life come through in the movies he makes. But, the producers wouldn't shamelessly copy from DOCTOR WHO, would they?

I like the fake American accent that director Rip has, better than his poncy British accent. But it does mean that yet another actor is putting on some form of American accent. Darvill was like the last hold out and now they even got him doing it.
    that two parter makes me cry

like ugly cry

Retired

What's that in your hand, Herr Schiklgruber?

If i recall, the Spear of Destiny was the reason the JSA couldn't interfere with WWII. So I'm certainly curious to see how it's involved.

Seeing Sara beat the crap out of Malcolm was easily the best part of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, the Legends are completely unprepared to fight a Speedster .
    Well, they do have a cold gun sitting around....

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Well, they do have a cold gun sitting around....
    Wasn't it dismantled in the 80's to disarm a bomb? I guess Ray could have rebuilt it, but I don't think we've seen it since.

Retired

Does the use of "speedster" to refer to someone who is very fast originate in the comic books (and maybe with the Flash)? Speedster seems to come into use in the early 1900s, but in reference to vehicles--fast cars. It's not used to refer to the people who are fast, but to their modes of transport.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I don't get it.
    Why is Eobard wearing his Reverse-Flash uniform while meeting Al Capone but not wearing it when racing through the speakeasy and the Waverider?
    Because he doesn't want the Legends to know he is Eobard Thawne.

I suppose perhaps he wore it to te Capone meeting because unlike the other two, he's a proper supervillain who likes to dress like it?

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Wasn't it dismantled in the 80's to disarm a bomb? I guess Ray could have rebuilt it, but I don't think we've seen it since.
    Oh. Guess I forgot that. Well, that's convenient....

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Rip seems to be a real Time Lord (check your John Smith). I can't wait until Darvill and Barrowman meet. But I guess I'll have to wait.

I feel sorry for DC fans who are not watching DC's LEGENDS OF TOMORROW. This show has everything. It's a gas!

Happy Holidays Legends!
    I like that idea! Yes! I hope there is a Doctor Who joke if and when Darvill and Barrowman meet!

So are they really reviving Captain Cold for the Legion of Doom or is he really just going to be a figment of Mick's imagination? I actually wouldn't be surprised if Mick ends up with the Spear of Destiny and uses it to revive Snart.
    I hope it's not a hallucination. Maybe it's a side-effect from being mind-control by the Dominators? Maybe it's a side-effect of time-travel? A Flashpoint side-effect? (Shrugs)

I find it kind of hard to treat Lily as a Time Aberration when she's an actual, living, breathing person with a personality and her own history, even if it never existed before. Wiping her out of existence would basically be killing her, and she's an innocent in all this. Though I do have a feeling that she's going to contribute something in the future that messes with the Legends in someway.
    I agree and support this idea!

Why does Thawne want to use the Spear of Destiny to rewrite history? Barry broke the original time-loop that erased him from existence through Flashpoint. Is he trying to find a way to kill Barry without disconnecting him from the Speed Force like last time? And why does he seem to be on a time-table?
    I'll go with that theory. You're right; Thawne does seems to be on a schedule. Maybe he's working for another villain? I wonder who else knows and would what the Spear of Destiny? Grodd? Klarion the Witch-Boy?

Now don't go corrupting Amaya, Mick. Though the two of them do seem to be getting very closer...
    I'm sorry, I can't picture Mick as Mari's grandfather.

So I'm guessing the explosion of the nuke knocked Rip far into the time-stream, and without his memory, so he's using what little he remembers to fulfill a career as a movie director.
    Okay, I'll buy that

What's that in your hand, Herr Schiklgruber?

Are those Valkyries surrounding Hitler? Um, does anyone know why are there are Valkyries surrounding Hitler?

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    If i recall, the Spear of Destiny was the reason the JSA couldn't interfere with WWII. So I'm certainly curious to see how it's involved.
    It would be cool to have the JSA appear again. Maybe Obsidian reformed the JSA after his meeting Amaya in the '80's. Or the Legends encounter supernatural allies, like Constantine, Demon, and pre- New 52 Zauriel, but that's me and my small weird opinion.

By the way, how did Thawne disguise himself as Stein and not even Gideon could sense it? Is that one of his powers and I missed something?
    Last edited by Elegant Dreamer; 12-10-2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: made correction

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Are those Valkyries surrounding Hitler? Um, does anyone know why are there are Valkyries surrounding Hitler?
    Nazis liked Wagner. They coopted his music the way Reagan tried to coopt The Boss for his propoganda....

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Thanks for answering my question.

By the way, do anyone think there is significance that Rip Hunter is in 1967?

I like Malcolm Merlyn finally showing up, but I wanted there to be more lead-in to his recruiting. I'm not even sure when in time he's from. Other than that, I did like the time period they're in. Amaya did have a unique perspective on it, as did Mick, and Steel got to use his historian knowledge. I wanted Cold to be more than just a hallucination, hopefully he will return somehow.

Lucky for them that they've got a gun to use against speedsters, but...they don't seem to know what to do after using it. Thawne was tagged twice, and they just let him recover quickly. You've got to lock him up immediately! Good thing he didn't want to just kill any of them then and there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Lol, that's because you have it wrong. Ollie is Batman (powerless, rich guy righting wrongs), Flash is Supes (first powered hero, the optimistic one) and SG is WW (feminist icon).
    Sure, that fits...except Supergirl seems to outshine Flash in terms of optimism and being an inspiration to others around her

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Good episode overall, are we gonna get a more scifi take on the "spear of destiny" or are they going into religious territory?
    I thought Snart was returning alive, not as a ghost. Originally I thought they were gonna hook-up Vixen with Steel, but these past few episodes she's leaning more towards Mic.
    And Steel has been leaning more towards Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Speaking of Barrowman, did Capt Jack and Rory ever even meet? I can't say as I remember... (it'd still be a fun moment to see them together and I can't imagine the show that just made the "she looks just like my cousin" fangasm happen would let that go unremarked upon...not like we can get a Rip Hunter/Nebula meeting to happen....)
    Different universes. Now, if Nebula went and hung out with Malekith...

It's nice to finally see Eobard Thawne and Malcolm Merlyn in the same scene together. One that's only possible because of their respective nemeses complete inability to put a stop to them in any permanent way. I wonder, between the two of them, which is the Joker and which is the Luthor?
    Well, Thawne is the kill happy unpredictable psycho and Merlyn is the scheming rich guy with connections, so I'd say Thawne is Joker and Merlyn is Luthor.

Does the use of "speedster" to refer to someone who is very fast originate in the comic books (and maybe with the Flash)? Speedster seems to come into use in the early 1900s, but in reference to vehicles--fast cars. It's not used to refer to the people who are fast, but to their modes of transport.
    I'd like to know that too, now that you mention it.

By the way, how did Thawne disguise himself as Stein and not even Gideon could sense it? Is that one of his powers and I missed something?
    I'm wondering how he managed to fool Jax for so long. He couldn't immediately sense that the guy right next to him wasn't Stein and he had to think about it for a bit?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonman
    I'm wondering how he managed to fool Jax for so long. He couldn't immediately sense that the guy right next to him wasn't Stein and he had to think about it for a bit?
    The device he used on Stein was most likely derived from the same technology he used to disguise himself as Harrison Wells in season 1 of The Flash.

And it's a bit more than a disguise. He copies DNA, personality traits, memories, feelings...

Also, Stein had supposedly just been tortured, so him feeling a bit off to Jax would not be out of the ordinairy.
    Last edited by Carabas; 12-11-2016 at 10:25 AM.