Page 7 of 277 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Keep trying, Hawkman. Keep trying.

Astonishing Member

Progress? The male character gets fridged for the female one?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought the reveal about the knife and Carter's reaction to Kendra's reluctance to go through with their romance were good scenes and very romantic. Just me though. I wasn't crazy about Hentschel as Hawkman but I thought he was good in certain moments.

Personally, I wanted both Hawks on the show and team because I'm tired of just having one of them in something instead of just using both and having them together. They're one of the oldest comic couples and Superhero partners, and it feels like that should get more respect then it does.

That, and Hawkman is always getting ignored in comics so I was hoping the show would do better by him. Unfortunately that wasn't the case .

I hope its understood that my statements are just my opinions. You are entitled to yours. But Hawkman being ignored over Hawkgirl? I would have thought it's the other way around on balance. Maybe on the recent Earth 2 book where there was only a Hawkgirl.

Sandy Hausler

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Heh. Better Falk Hentschel than the lovely Ciara Renée, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Does Sara not have bloodlust anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    Now she only lusts after 70s incarnations of wise old professors.

She's almost a completely different character now. I loved her as the Canary on Arrow, but it was played out. This change is a breath of fresh air. LOVE Sara Lance. I do wonder where the blood lust went though. Thea has had a much tougher time with it and Sara was way deader before she went into the pit. Maybe it was Constantine's spell that did it?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    This show really has the potential to be the most fun of everything the WB has to offer. I laughed out loud more than any episode of ARROW or FLASH than I can recall.

I'm confused about Carter's death...if he dies in the past, does he reincarnate in that same era? If so, then it would seem he created a loop of sorts, and he'll never reincarnate again. Have they said whether he was born in 1975? It's reasonable to believe so.

And next week looks to resolve the question of whether Savage can be stopped in ancient Egypt.
    Considering that it was stated before the show even started that Vandal was the big bad for this season I really don't think they'll finish him off in the third episode.

Incredible Member

She was cured.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    what? he did not get "fridged"

I don't think that means what you think it means

Not bad. Hawkman getting killed off was a good move, not simply cos it makes the team slightly less busy but cos the guy playing him was really bad. Not that he had much to work with anyway. For a guy who had lived thousands of years in various different lives, you think he might have developed an actual personality at some point. On a similar note, Savage remains perhaps an exceptionally bland villain. Between the performance and the dialogue, he's just so flat and generic.

Kendra got the short end of the stick again this week, once again having to convince us about genuinely deep feelings with little actual justification for them. Frankly, the whole 'You'll love me cos you loved me before" thing always seemed a tat creepy, even when they did try to suggest she had a choice. Hopefully Carter's absence will allow Kendra to develop a little into her own character (in so much as there's going to be any character development on this show) and Hawkman will stay away for as long as possible.

As for the rest, it was alright. It's still a bit Power Rangers in terms of the dialogue and some of the action sequences (ironically, the one notable difference between Lot And Power rangers is that Power Rangers has more charismatic villains!), but it's entertaining enough. And as long as Sara gets to be awesome and kick-ass, I'll be sticking with it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    She's almost a completely different character now. I loved her as the Canary on Arrow, but it was played out. This change is a breath of fresh air. LOVE Sara Lance. I do wonder where the blood lust went though. Thea has had a much tougher time with it and Sara was way deader before she went into the pit. Maybe it was Constantine's spell that did it?
    Correct. When they brought her soul back and installed it into her body the bloodlust went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Considering that it was stated before the show even started that Vandal was the big bad for this season I really don't think they'll finish him off in the third episode.
    Sure, it won't work, but some people were asking after part one of the pilot why Rip didn't just go back to ancient Egypt before Vandal Savage acquired his power.

I'm guessing next week will answer that question.

I missed the first half of the pilot. Did they explain how killing Savage in the past wouldn't have ripple effects on the future?