Page 78 of 277 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 4155
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, exactly. Love for his children wouldn't be an either/or situation
    I don't know.

I remember something similar in Journeyman where the main character had travelled back to the night his son was conceived and due to his actions changing the timing of the conception the child was now a daughter. His wife, who knew he traveled in time but was part of the changed timeline, was invested in keeping the daughter she knew, the main character was invested in changing the timeline back to recover his son.

I see John as the mother in this scenario. He has John Jr and Sara isn't real to him. I doubt he would see Barry travelling back and restoring Sara's life aa a solution- but once it was done he also wouldn't be happy to let Barry change it back to restore John Jr as it is now Sara who he knows and John Jr is the abstract idea.

Haha, Lily is an abrasion.

I liked flipping the perspective of this episode to the villains, from the intro to recruiting Merlyn (I was wondering if we would ever see him joining up with them, glad we got it). Nice fight between Merlyn and Dahrk. Also liked them being useful to Thawne against Black Flash's pursuit. The Legion are even more of a threat now!

Anyone watching Justice League Action? Firestorm (Ronnie) was in the latest episode, and it made me appreciate LOT's use of Stein more. He's a fully realized character since he's not always just a voice in Firestorm's head. And I continue to enjoy Stein and Jax as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Stein was getting headaches and weird flashes of memory of a strange woman but his fundamental knowledge and experience in physics remained unchanged. With Ray and Nate Star Wars and Indiana Jones were the key influence in their career path. A lot of people can point to the key factor that made them choose what they wanted to be and would have chosen a different path if not for that factor.
    That's true, and it's a case where Stein is gaining memories and Ray and Nate have theirs altered. I just think it was too quick and instant for them whereas it was a process for Stein.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Stein and Jax don't have that when they're not Firestorm and doesn't stop them from being on the field regularly.
    Stein does have a power, though. He has the ability to be an older white man, so that when they are time traveling and need a voice of authority other people will listen to, he functions in that capacity.

Retired

It just now occurs to me that if all works out as it should, we will see Merlyn the Magician in Camelot.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I don't know.

I remember something similar in Journeyman where the main character had travelled back to the night his son was conceived and due to his actions changing the timing of the conception the child was now a daughter. His wife, who knew he traveled in time but was part of the changed timeline, was invested in keeping the daughter she knew, the main character was invested in changing the timeline back to recover his son.

I see John as the mother in this scenario. He has John Jr and Sara isn't real to him. I doubt he would see Barry travelling back and restoring Sara's life aa a solution- but once it was done he also wouldn't be happy to let Barry change it back to restore John Jr as it is now Sara who he knows and John Jr is the abstract idea.
    I think the fact that his daughter is an abstract concept to him, and his son isn't, is the only thing that allows him to forgive Barry.

I don't know whats so complicated. Emotions rarely run along the lines of logic, and basic deduction would indicate that Diggle's daughter, and Diggle's son, are two entirely different people. Both his children, only one is gone forever, utterly erased.

The fact that there's no emotional connection there (to Sarah, at least) is the only thing that allows Diggle to forgive Barry.

Retired

And on a melancholy note, Ladies and Gentlemen, Richard Burton.

Incredible Member

I think the fact that his daughter is an abstract concept to him, and his son isn't, is the only thing that allows him to forgive Barry.

I don't know whats so complicated. Emotions rarely run along the lines of logic, and basic deduction would indicate that Diggle's daughter, and Diggle's son, are two entirely different people. Both his children, only one is gone forever, utterly erased.

The fact that there's no emotional connection there (to Sarah, at least) is the only thing that allows Diggle to forgive Barry.
    There's no reason that Sarah couldn't appear later (unless Diggle has an accident preventing him from having more children).
    [not saying children are easily replaceable just that he still has a chance to have a daughter]

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

You know, Arthur Darvill (Rip Hunter) should be given a lot of credit. He's portraying three different people (so far) in one season.

Fantastic Member

I'd love for the Legion of Doom to be expanded to include

Live Wire... I would love to see her reactions to the guys.

Retired

A thousand years in the future . . . the Legion . . . Super-Heroes . . . Live Wire? Probably not. But why not. A lot can happen in a thousand years.

A thousand years . . .

Mighty Member

Rip is a great villain.

You have a gun, he has the spear, and you let him....walk away?

Oh look, another tv show of the American Civil War (Part I) that depicts patriotic British gentlemen as monsters! This is 2017 people!

Let me lay down some facts, yo!

> After the war patriotic British men and women had their lands confiscated and were often expelled by force from their communities
    > George Washington, the 'gentleman', was known by the Haudenosaunee as Conotocaurious, meaning Town Destroyer, for a very good reason!
    > The only reason you rabble-rousers won was because of the French
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Oh look, another tv show of the American Civil War (Part I) that depicts patriotic British gentlemen as monsters! This is 2017 people!

Let me lay down some facts, yo!

> After the war patriotic British men and women had their lands confiscated and were often expelled by force from their communities
    > George Washington, the 'gentleman', was known by the Haudenosaunee as Conotocaurious, meaning Town Destroyer, for a very good reason!
    > The only reason you rabble-rousers won was because of the French
    *pfft*

Shows what you know about history.

We won, 'cause 'Merica!

*cough*

*pfft*

Shows what you know about history.

We won, 'cause 'Merica!

*cough*
    And, not to split hairs, it was the revolutionary war, not the civil war.