Page 8 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 3108
  1. #106
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    I missed the first half of the pilot. Did they explain how killing Savage in the past wouldn't have ripple effects on the future?
    In a roundabout way they have mentioned consequences to actions in the past.
    However, I think that Hunter is so focused on saving his family that he's throwing caution to the wind.
    But he probably is trying to minimize any time disruptions so that he can calculate a way to stop Savage without inadvertently bringing about an even worse future.
    As long as the time changes are done in a controlled way, he may be able to stifle any ripples caused.

    The problems would come more from accidental time changes that aren't caught fast enough.

    Of course, I think that once Savage is defeated, their actions may leave them bouncing through time doing damage control for the series' duration.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  2. #107
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Correct. When they brought her soul back and installed it into her body the bloodlust went away.
    Actually, it didn't. That's why she left Star City and Team Arrow in the first place, because the bloodlust was still effecting her even after recovering her soul. She killed in the field because of it.

  3. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Actually, it didn't. That's why she left Star City and Team Arrow in the first place, because the bloodlust was still effecting her even after recovering her soul. She killed in the field because of it.
    So it is an abandoned plot point. Great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    In a roundabout way they have mentioned consequences to actions in the past.
    However, I think that Hunter is so focused on saving his family that he's throwing caution to the wind.
    But he probably is trying to minimize any time disruptions so that he can calculate a way to stop Savage without inadvertently bringing about an even worse future.
    As long as the time changes are done in a controlled way, he may be able to stifle any ripples caused.

    The problems would come more from accidental time changes that aren't caught fast enough.

    Of course, I think that once Savage is defeated, their actions may leave them bouncing through time doing damage control for the series' duration.
    I like that idea. So long as it isn't just swept under the rug like the paradox on The Flash.

  4. #109
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    I really enjoyed the first part of the pilot, and the second part was just amazing! Fun seeing Damien Dahrk in the 70's, I'm hoping that means other characters in the 'verse will pop up every now and then. I'm expecting Merlyn to appear at some point, but I really want to see Nyssa so Sara can interact with her.

    I think this episode did a good job juggling characters. We get more insight onto Stein and he becomes a father figure to both Jax and Sara (yeah, he called her sexy, but the way she teased him about it was more like they were father/daughter). Then there's Ray and Snart being complete opposites but kind of finding common ground, that was great. Finally, the Hawk plot, which puts Kendra in a different place. However...

    Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    The addition of Carter to the cast was a ruse from the beginning. He was never supposed to last. He was there to build Kendra's character. The 6-minute teaser pilot made last spring didn't even include him. Also, his death gives the team something to rally around and builds the stakes. A very smart plan by the producers.
    I figured he'd be offed at some point just because of this (and also they kept announcing Hawkgirl and crediting her first, which set off my suspicion bells), but I didn't expect it to be so soon. Sure, the cast is fairly large (and Rip had almost nothing to do this episode), but I wanted him to team up with Ray and also for him to grow on us as a character.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I like how this show keeps doing wide shots showing everyone fighting.
    Makes me want to go back and look at what everyone is doing.
    Definitely. It's like if the Avengers appeared on Agents of SHIELD with that show's budget, this is what that would be. A lot of super powers in one place, people fighting on different fronts. I was waiting for a moment where Firestorm actually got his costume, but all of a sudden, it's on him? Did I miss something?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have to be honest, I think this was one of Crump's better episodes as Savage. I thought his performance here was much better compared to his last few appearances, and he was much more convincingly menacing and intelligent. Probably just me though .
    I thought the same thing. His accent is growing on me because it's so bizarre and random and what a man who has been alive for thousands of years and lived everywhere would sound like.

  5. #110
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    818

    Default

    I liked how they showed Kendra's reluctance to re-gaining her past memories in the episode. Something I don't think they really explored in the comics. Would have liked Carter to stick around a little longer to expand on this idea. Like have Kendra worry about what will happen to her, 'Kendra', when 'Chay-Ara' returns.

    Will she just have 'Chay-Ara' memories?

    Will 'Chay-Ara' take over and 'Kendra' gets stuck in the back like Prof. Stein in Firestorm?

    Will 'Kendra' just disappear and it's now 'Chay-Ara' with 'Kendra' memories?

    At least we got some of that in that brief scene. Ah well, at least Kendra will have looking forward to being a cougar in 2040 to a 24-year old Katar when she returns to 2016.

    Or not.

    Since Carter died in 1975 and would probably be immediately reborn again when Kendra returns to 2016 (assuming she survives the mission) she could be met by a 40-year old Katar. Meaning that there would be 2 Katars being around for 40 years (and probably be Norwegian if my idea is right). [There would also be 2 Kendras but since she'll be time hopping around it wouldn't be the same as Katar 2 living straight for 40 years.]

  6. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hunter's criteria for his team now makes a lot of sense. Green Arrow and The Flash, who one would think would be the best choices for a team to take on Vandal Savage, are likely too big and important in history to be brought into this mission. Same for even the rest of Team Arrow to a certain extent, I imagine, which explains why none of the main heroes of this universe are a part of this.
    I really hope they iron out the specialists for a mission element in the future episodes, especially if there's supposed to be a different cast in later seasons. If you're trying to be subtle and covert, when they're in the past, Firestorm (a flying man on fire who shoots flames and tends to blow things up kinda sticks out) and Atom's supersuit should never ever be allowed in the field.

  7. #112
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I figured he'd be offed at some point just because of this (and also they kept announcing Hawkgirl and crediting her first, which set off my suspicion bells), but I didn't expect it to be so soon. Sure, the cast is fairly large (and Rip had almost nothing to do this episode), but I wanted him to team up with Ray and also for him to grow on us as a character.
    Same here .

    Definitely. It's like if the Avengers appeared on Agents of SHIELD with that show's budget, this is what that would be. A lot of super powers in one place, people fighting on different fronts. I was waiting for a moment where Firestorm actually got his costume, but all of a sudden, it's on him? Did I miss something?
    The Firestorm costume did just kind of randomly appear with no explanation. I have to imagine Cisco eventually designed it and shipped it to Jax so that they could actually have a Superhero costume, and that it works in such a way that it only appears whenever Jax and Stein fuse (as it traditionally does).

    Still a little miffed Ronnie never got to wear it though.

  8. #113
    Incredible Member blackbolt396's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Batcave
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Cold and Heat Wave make this show ,Firestorm and White Canary are a close second. All in all I'm enjoying this show .

  9. #114
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,500

    Default

    So I wonder if there's any significance to Savage getting to kill an extra Carter? I guess it just means his immortality was extended a little more before he eventually encountered Khufu and Chay-Ara's next reincarnations.

  10. #115
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Thank you DC for not being as uptight as Marvel about showing characters smoking pot.
    Also for doing a straight up superhero show, I mean I like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter but it would also be great if Marvel could do a team show starring super heroes.

  11. #116
    Gaurdian Of The Universe comicstar100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Earth Prime
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexValentine View Post
    Also for doing a straight up superhero show, I mean I like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter but it would also be great if Marvel could do a team show starring super heroes.
    Seriously not that I don't like Agents of Shield but can marvel put a show on TV with an actual Superhero team?

    Anyway I loved the first two episodes of Legends, the death at the end was unexpected. I feel like the third episode needs to have a focus on Rip Hunter, we still know very little about our team leader at this point.

  12. #117
    Newbie Member ImmoralWayz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7

    Default

    So far this has been a pretty entertaining and fun show, I enjoyed both episodes quite a bit. The overall quality in terms of acting, dialogue, chemistry, and production are not all that great but I think that the potential is there. I have really enjoyed the action sequences and the story is quite interesting. No one has really stood out for me yet, but early favorites are Firestorm and White Canary. I also like Rip Hunter, I just hope we get to learn more about him as the story progresses.

  13. #118
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
    If you're trying to be subtle and covert, when they're in the past, Firestorm (a flying man on fire who shoots flames and tends to blow things up kinda sticks out) and Atom's supersuit should never ever be allowed in the field.
    With the Atom they have both an advantage and a disadvantage. By shrinking, he's got the best chance of going unnoticed and not disrupting things. At the same time, though, he loses a piece of that suit and things get seriously mucked up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Firestorm costume did just kind of randomly appear with no explanation. I have to imagine Cisco eventually designed it and shipped it to Jax so that they could actually have a Superhero costume, and that it works in such a way that it only appears whenever Jax and Stein fuse (as it traditionally does).

    Still a little miffed Ronnie never got to wear it though.
    Yeah, I was all settled with Ronnie just using that device on his chest that looked like the Firestorm emblem, then I got excited seeing Jax in a full Firestorm costume, then I got a little annoyed that they didn't introduce it before to have Ronnie wear it.

    Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Seriously not that I don't like Agents of Shield but can marvel put a show on TV with an actual Superhero team?
    They're working on it. They just want to give Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist their own solo series until they come together in Defenders, a show where all the characters have powers.

  14. #119
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Just finished watching the second part of the pilot and I've largely enjoyed what I've seen. I'm still not sold on Rip Hunter yet, as he feels like a bargain basement Dr Who, but my only serious issue with these episodes (I mean, at this point, do we really need to mention the occasionally crummy dialogue and general cheesiness that is weirdly part of the charm of Berlenti's DC shows?) was that the Hawks really drag this show down - and having Vandal Savage linked to them doesn't exactly help him out as a serious villain either. The interactions and weird matchups between everyone else on the show works brilliantly and the whole thing has a wonderfully endearing sense of the goofiness of the lighthearted adventure serial that lies at the heart of its premise but every time either of the Hawks show up I completely lose interest. Awful flashbacks, terrible characterization, zero chemistry and very weak acting from the guy playing Hawkman, make one of the centrals parts of the show pretty unbearable.

    That ending might course correct this particular problem but there's still a lot of work to be done to make Kendra a remotely interesting character (which is weird since Hawkgirl was easily one of the best charcaters in JLU) and I'm reasonably sure they're going to reverse the ending sooner rather than later, which would be a damn shame.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

  15. #120
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    That ending might course correct this particular problem but there's still a lot of work to be done to make Kendra a remotely interesting character (which is weird since Hawkgirl was easily one of the best charcaters in JLU) and I'm reasonably sure they're going to reverse the ending sooner rather than later, which would be a damn shame.
    I agree that Kendra needed to not be so tied to Carter so that she can grow on her own. Him being her coach would have gotten tired episode after episode. It's not surprising the Hawkgirl in JLU was more interesting - she was the spacecop version who was strong and understood who she was. This Kendra is an earther who is just beginning to adjust to the notion that she has past lives. THey're very different aside from the name and wings.

    I don't think they'll "undo" Carter's death, but it wouldn't surprise me if we run into a kid version of him from a different incarnation or something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •