Page 91 of 277 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    No, just that Pilate was told repeatedly by experts and scholars that he never existed year after year...until it was proven that he did in exactly the setting, time, and position that the Bible said that he did, so then it can't all be a myth and it's not as far fetched as some would want to believe...and there's a big difference between anime and the Bible...
    No, there was reference to him in Joephus and Tacitus. The single stone with his name found in the 60s corroborates his existence.
    But none of the biblical stories are confirmed.
    Just as the existence of a man named Yeshua doesn't mean anything in the Bible really happened.
    Look maybe Jesus was real and some of that stuff happened, maybe it didn't.
    I just had a problem with questionable events being a fixed point in time. Of course to follow this show I have to the accept the spear of destiny, which is definitely a myth. And that the fake artifacts from the Crusades are real. So I guess this show is just Christian fantasy.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-22-2017 at 06:08 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

No, just that Pilate was told repeatedly by experts and scholars that he never existed year after year...until it was proven that he did in exactly the setting, time, and position that the Bible said that he did, so then it can't all be a myth and it's not as far fetched as some would want to believe...and there's a big difference between anime and the Bible...
    Well, that's how history works. It's not real until historical evidence is found (preferably multiple sources not from a book of mytholoy), and it wasn't found until 1961.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    No, there was reference to him in Joephus and Tacitus. The single stone with his name found in the 60s corroborates his existence.
    But none of the biblical stories are confirmed.
    Just as the existence of a man named Yeshua doesn't mean anything in the Bible really happened.
    Look maybe Jesus was real and some of that stuff happened, maybe it didn't.
    I just had a problem with questionable events being a fixed point in time. Of course to follow this show I have to the accept the spear of destiny, which is definitely a myth. And that the fake artifacts from the Crusades are real. So I guess this show is just Christian fantasy.
    It also doesn't mean that they didn't happen, calling it fantasy could be insulting to some...the spear of destiny being able to alter reality yeah that part of it I don't believe in and don't believe that there's much of anything to back it up in the Bible that it was anything more than a spear that any soldier would have carried...

The point imho is that if you call a book a myth because you can't prove this or that in it and then some years later some of what's in it starts being proved them maybe it's not a myth afterall...scientific and historical truth is often in the eye of the beholder and there's always politics at work as well...

I meant this story line about the spear is Christian fantasy.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

It also doesn't mean that they didn't happen, calling it fantasy could be insulting to some...the spear of destiny being able to alter reality yeah that part of it I don't believe in and don't believe that there's much of anything to back it up in the Bible that it was anything more than a spear that any soldier would have carried...

The point imho is that if you call a book a myth because you can't prove this or that in it and then some years later some of what's in it starts being proved them maybe it's not a myth afterall...scientific and historical truth is often in the eye of the beholder and there's always politics at work as well...
    Even if every single last word in the bible was proven beyond any doubt to be scientifically true then it would still be a book of mythology. It's a word that has a specific meaning.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

to me it felt like mick trust them more than they trusted mick, even though he did save their asses when they were separated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    to me it felt like mick trust them more than they trusted mick, even though he did save their asses when they were separated.
    Yeah, I feel they had this coming.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Even if every single last word in the bible was proven beyond any doubt to be scientifically true then it would still be a book of mythology. It's a word that has a specific meaning.
    A myth is, by definition, unverifiable or unfounded. A book of proven facts cannot also be a book of mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    A myth is, by definition, unverifiable or unfounded. A book of proven facts cannot also be a book of mythology.
    Maybe, maybe not?

Myth: a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, especially one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature.

BANNED

Maybe, maybe not?

Myth: a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, especially one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature.
    That would be a very narrow definition, such as a treatise exploring the American myth of a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage. Such a study would not under reasonable circumstances be referred to as mythology, and it's not the sort of thing being discussed n the previous posts.

a popular belief or tradition that has grown up around something or someone; especially : one embodying the ideals and institutions of a society or segment of society
    seduced by the American myth of individualism — Orde Coombs
    the utopian myth of a perfect society

an unfounded or false notion the myth of racial superiority

a person or thing having only an imaginary or unverifiable existence the Superman myth The unicorn is a myth.

the whole body of myths a student of Greek myth

hmmm? point taken.

I'll just go back to looking at this current story line as Christian fantasy. And the Bible being largely myth with some real people and places thrown in.

Did I mention I loved all the Tolkien stuff in this episode.

They did a good job finding an actor who looked like Tolkien during WWI.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

hmmm? point taken.

I'll just go back to looking at this current story line as Christian fantasy. And the Bible being largely myth with some real people and places thrown in.

Did I mention I loved all the Tolkien stuff in this episode.

They did a good job finding an actor who looked like Tolkien during WWI.

didn't exactly see that coming.

and they did get his PTSD from the war right.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad to see Rip, even though he isn't the captain, is now back to being a competent man-of-action, wisdom, and deliverer of good speeches .

Hey, Firestorm! And he got to actually transmute something .
    Once again, I wonder if they got inspired by "Doctor Who:" jelly beans, Rip's "Eh . . ." sounds like when Rory did "Yeah . . ." , WWI: I was waiting for Timothy Latimer to appear in the field and help the Legends :-)

Captain Cold is finally back, and as villainous as ever. I wonder when in Snart's history the Legion picked him up? Was it just before he joined the Legends or even before season 2 of The Flash? And does this make this version of Cold a Time Remnant? I'm curious if he's going to survive this season and if we'll see him back on The Flash in season 4.
    I hope the writers do see this paradox and address and explain it in a good way.

So without Christ's Blood, I wonder how the Legends are going to stop the spear? I'm curious how it was even broken apart in the first place.

Reverse-Flash, Damian Darhk, Dark Archer, Captain Cold, and Heat Wave. Now that's a Legion of Doom .

Curious to see exactly how the Legion changed reality and how much of it we'll get to see of it in the next episode.
    Maybe Zauriel and Demon teamed up to break it because both sides agrees humans should not weld that much power. (Shrugs)

Really annoyed the team cranked their suspicions of Mick up to 100 just cuz. They know he's had these illusions prior, so their was no need to be that harsh. I don't know what Stein means by "regardless" because I'm sure if he thought he was imaging an old friend, he would spill the beans before even blinking. Also, why would it be oh so bad to tell Snart the plan when the last time we saw Snart alive he was working with the team? Meaning if he were still alive he would have known the plan regardless. Eat that Stein!

..Am I wrong ooor, lol.

When did the spear start sensing itself and other things? Just in this episode 15 right? Strange.

I don't if it's because Sarah felt she came down on Mick to hard so she decided to trust him for a brief moment to give him a bit of assured belief, or if the writers did what they like to do best which is to make a character temporarily dumb to up the stakes, but either way..Sarah is kind of an idiot. lol she could have just walked a few more inches to Steal, hand him the spear for a second and all would be well.

Incredible Member

With the 2nd season ending next week is it now time to talk about who should be on the team next season?

Amaya seems to be leaving after this season and I think the team needs a spell caster to replace her. Someone like Witchfire, Isis or Bloodwynd (Zatanna is too high profile and is probably still tied to the JLD movie but her father Zatara could be used).

Perhaps Ray, Martin and Jackson could take a break from time hopping and the team get temporary replacements some episodes .Ray has to get back and take control of his company to prevent his brother from taking over and I'm sure Martin misses his wife and wants to get to know his new daughter some more (naturally Jackson has to go with him to keep the Firestorm matrix in check. People I liked to see is Ice (Tora would give the group some international diversity) and Aqualad (the YJ version). His hydrokinesis could probably be done reasonably on the show. And maybe Starman (Will or Jack) or a recent generation of Stargirl (a grand niece of the original).

The show could also bring in some add-ons for temporary assignments. Lady Blackhawk would be good. The team could be back in WWII fighting Nazis (always good villains) and accidentally pick up/rescue Zinda. They can't take her back because history records her dying where they got her and so she rides with the team for a while before deciding to get off in a later decade to start life over.