Page 92 of 277 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 4155
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I was rooting for Mick to betray the Legends. You'll think by now they would stop treating him like a butt monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador
    With the 2nd season ending next week is it now time to talk about who should be on the team next season?
    Jonah Hex. He's already familiar with how time travel works and the character has a history of time traveling in the comics. As far as magic goes it would be cool to get Blue Devil or Nightshade.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

it is pretty fucked up how they just turned on mick like that, given all he done for the team. hell, where was ray in all this? you know, the guy mick trusted enough to let him use snart's cold gun?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it is pretty fucked up how they just turned on mick like that, given all he done for the team. hell, where was ray in all this? you know, the guy mick trusted enough to let him use snart's cold gun?
    He was the first to admit that, maybe, they didn't treat or trust Mick as much as they should've or claimed too.

I'd ultimately put Ray as an exception to that though. If he were there I think Mick would've been more tempted not to betray the team.

Ultimate Member

Not sure if they'd use Hex for next season, he has a fair amount of makeup and that could raise the cost of the show if they had to do his makeup ever episode...

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    That's why I was rooting for Mick to betray them. It's obvious the Legends were full of shit when they tried to convince Mick when he had the spear.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Not sure if they'd use Hex for next season, he has a fair amount of makeup and that could raise the cost of the show if they had to do his makeup ever episode...
    Maybe they can eighty-six firestorm, since they aren't using him much anyway. They'd just better keep vixen( and mick).

Ultimate Member

Nah they need someone to fix the ship and they need Stein for his knowledge of science, Ray really hasn't done much lately...

I wouldn't mind if Mick and Ray left the team after this season. I would like to see Mick be a villain again and Ray doesn't contribute much to the team. The character has a vice grip on the idiot ball and I want less of it for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder what other moments in history are sacrosanct and can't be visited by time travels? The birth of the universe is probably a big one.

I'm glad to see Rip, even though he isn't the captain, is now back to being a competent man-of-action, wisdom, and deliverer of good speeches .

Hey, Firestorm! And he got to actually transmute something .

You've really got to feel for Amaya, knowing what she knows about her future and wrestling with whether she should change it or not. Not to mention possibly jeopardizing the existence of her granddaughter and the results of her heroism.

Captain Cold is finally back, and as villainous as ever. I wonder when in Snart's history the Legion picked him up? Was it just before he joined the Legends or even before season 2 of The Flash? And does this make this version of Cold a Time Remnant? I'm curious if he's going to survive this season and if we'll see him back on The Flash in season 4.

If it came down to the team vs. Snart, I always had a feeling Mick would pick Snart in the end, though I feel like he would've been more conflicted over it. But I guess it's true that, as much of a camraderie as he's developed with the group, there was always some degree of distrust and apprehension from the rest of the team when it came to Mick. Not that he didn't bring it onto himself to some degree.

Though I think we'll still see him ultimately turn on the Legion and try and make things right, and that's certainly how it looks in the preview.

So without Christ's Blood, I wonder how the Legends are going to stop the spear? I'm curious how it was even broken apart in the first place.

Reverse-Flash, Damian Darhk, Dark Archer, Captain Cold, and Heat Wave. Now that's a Legion of Doom .

Curious to see exactly how the Legion changed reality and how much of it we'll get to see of it in the next episode.
    I enjoyed this episode for the most part. But you hit on some of the questions I had.

When they brought up needing the blood of Christ, I was waiting for something like a Dan Brown story (the Grail was the blood of Christ or a descendant). Or, go for the Shroud of Turin where it is believed to be a mix of Christ's image through burn-in from a powerful energy and his blood.

Tolkein being wrapped into the story was cool. Especially bringing up prior research on 'Sir Gawain and the Green Knight'. It turns out this actually happened, and is a super-rare book to find.

Tolkien’s “Holy Grail”

Looks like we got an effects-heavy episode! Firestorm transmutes, Atom shrinks, Nate steels up, and Mick blasts things with fire. Everyone except Vixen, it seems, but that was fine, Amaya had a strong subplot.

I liked the various Tolkien references, the ones I recognized anyway. Words forming after something was in a fire, mentioning a fellowship, "one does not simply walk in to", etc. I also liked that they returned to Arthurian myth with the spear and Christ's blood, but now that makes me wish they made a bigger deal out of the Grail and the Siege Perilous in the Camelot episode.

I'm not sure how I feel about Mick's betrayal. Not that it was necessarily out of character, just it could've been better done, I guess? The only reason is seems the team trusts him less than others is because he is the laziest one there who cares the least about what happens, and Sara knows it, so she gives him the least responsibility when it comes to missions.

There's no way I could see DC (or more specifically, Geoff Johns) signing off on them killing Stargirl off. That's probably why she was the only member who managed to survive.
    True, but her surviving felt out of place. It's not like they needed Courtney on the JSA, their line-up felt more diverse than it had to be given the time period. They should've used Sylvester Pemberton and then introduce Courtney in present day or something.

Curious to see exactly how the Legion changed reality and how much of it we'll get to see of it in the next episode.
    Personally, I'm hoping we get an intro narrated by Eobard.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    With the 2nd season ending next week is it now time to talk about who should be on the team next season?

Amaya seems to be leaving after this season and I think the team needs a spell caster to replace her. Someone like Witchfire, Isis or Bloodwynd (Zatanna is too high profile and is probably still tied to the JLD movie but her father Zatara could be used).
    I want to see Ragman join the team to learn about his true magic potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Perhaps Ray, Martin and Jackson could take a break from time hopping and the team get temporary replacements some episodes .Ray has to get back and take control of his company to prevent his brother from taking over and I'm sure Martin misses his wife and wants to get to know his new daughter some more (naturally Jackson has to go with him to keep the Firestorm matrix in check. People I liked to see is Ice (Tora would give the group some international diversity) and Aqualad (the YJ version). His hydrokinesis could probably be done reasonably on the show. And maybe Starman (Will or Jack) or a recent generation of Stargirl (a grand niece of the original).
    I'd love to see Jack Knight join up. Aqualad might be tough to do. Sure, Atlantis has been hinted at, but would they really use Aquaman and Black Manta? And if not, would Aqualad be as interesting without him?

I don't want to see Stein or Jax go, I guess Ray could be temporarily written off, but they'd need someone lighthearted and optimistic to replace him. If they do lose Mick this season, hopefully he and Snart would get a subplot next season on the Flash putting the Rogues together.

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Tolkein being wrapped into the story was cool. Especially bringing up prior research on 'Sir Gawain and the Green Knight'. It turns out this actually happened, and is a super-rare book to find.

Tolkien’s “Holy Grail”
    Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about Mick's betrayal. Not that it was necessarily out of character, just it could've been better done, I guess? The only reason is seems the team trusts him less than others is because he is the laziest one there who cares the least about what happens, and Sara knows it, so she gives him the least responsibility when it comes to missions.
    I do think they could've built up to his betrayal more. Having him turn in just one episode felt rushed.

True, but her surviving felt out of place. It's not like they needed Courtney on the JSA, their line-up felt more diverse than it had to be given the time period. They should've used Sylvester Pemberton and then introduce Courtney in present day or something.
    I think the only reason they threw Stargirl in there was because she was one of the more popular members of the team (and a Johns favorite).

I don't think the show writers put a lot of thought into their version of the JSA beyond some cool visuals and giving them an excuse to introduce a past version of Vixen and giving Nate some backstory. It would explain why the team was kind of an afterthought after their debut episode.

Personally, I'm hoping we get an intro narrated by Eobard.
    That would be cool .

I want to see Ragman join the team to learn about his true magic potential.
    I think he would probably fit better on the Legends then he did on Team Arrow. Plus he can bring the Jewish perspective .

I do think they could've built up to his betrayal more. Having him turn in just one episode felt rushed.

I think the only reason they threw Stargirl in there was because she was one of the more popular members of the team (and a Johns favorite).

I don't think the show writers put a lot of thought into their version of the JSA beyond some cool visuals and giving them an excuse to introduce a past version of Vixen and giving Nate some backstory. It would explain why the team was kind of an afterthought after their debut episode.

That would be
    I think he would probably fit better on the Legends then he did on Team Arrow. Plus he can bring the Jewish perspective .
    I haven't been watching arrow, so I don't know how Ragman has been portrayed- so I'm not sure how he'd fit in on legends.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I haven't been watching arrow, so I don't know how Ragman has been portrayed- so I'm not sure how he'd fit in on legends.
    I do not think Ragman would work on Legends of Tomorrow. Where he blended in decent on Arrow because he was yet another young hero banding together with peers to learn from Ollie, he would now be thrown in with adult characters that have gone through some serious trauma in their life to get where they are now. I just cannot see him blending in with a former dead female anti-hero, a former male villain who doesn't even feel like he is part of the team (if he returns), and then poor Rip who is like a soldier with PTSD due to dealing still with the trauma of his family being killed.

If there was a Teenage Legends show, now we are talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The birth, life and death of Jesus are more myth than history.

Just saying.
    this show is still canon with Constantine S1, so it's pretty safe to assume all that biblical stuff happened in some form within this show's universe. So stuff like Jesus's magic blood isn't much of a leap.

And constantly mispronounce common Yiddish words and phrases.

Sandy Hausler