Page 98 of 277 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 4155
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Since the second season is done now, I feel I can make a comment. The whole thing could have been wrapped up in the first 2 min. that we saw after finding out about the spear of destiny. All they had to do is take
    Rips piece of the spear go into outer space and send it into the sun. No way to retrieve it from there. No piece ,no spear. Hell, put a chain around it and drop it into the Marianas Trench. Let's see thawn go 5 miles deep under the ocean and search for it there.
    With a time traveler what prevents them from grabbing the spear before whatever point you "destroy" the spear or render it inaccessible? You drop it into the trench and "oops, Thawne appears two seconds earlier and grabs it before it goes too deep".

Or having someone with a teleportation/magic power that allows them to retrieve the pieces wherever you send them. Picture Darkh with some item boosting his TK enough to pull the item out of the sun or the trench just enough for it to be retrieved.
    Last edited by Jon Clark; 04-06-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought about that too, but wouldn't he have been one of the Reverse-Flash's Thawne brought with him to stop the Legends? And they were all wiped out.
    My assumption is they were simply further versions of his Doomworld persona for the rest to fade away. Killing his past self kills him future selves.

But it can't really work that way in (hah) reverse IE killing his (relative) future self shouldn't kill his past selves.

Unless we find out Black Flash literally retgone's whoever he kills. Then anything's up to happening.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I'm still not sure if there's any real difference in the TV continuity between the Black Flash and an average Time Wraith. I suppose only that one was eventually able to not be tricked by Thawne I suppose. XD
    Time wraiths go after speedsters who mess with time, Black Flash (supposedly) goes after time remnants. Big difference

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Huh. Kinda glad he's sticking around in a different capacity. http://www.cbr.com/rip-hunter-return...s-of-tomorrow/
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

I knew he wasn't really gone.

Fantastic Member

Seems the team will be kept intact. was hoping the roster change would be a regular thing to keep introducing/reintroducing other characters. I thought Stein was leaving to spend time with his daughter and Mick as he didnt like how he was still not trusted or something.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wish we had a roster change. So far it looks like Rip is the only one not coming back.

That was a pretty awesome finale. I loved how they got away with some of the more gory deaths, like Thawne ripping Ray's heart out (even if later, the Reverse Flashes were having more trouble with Atom and Steel than the others). And it's the Legion of Doom, the heroes kind of HAVE to charge at them for the fight, right? I enjoyed Merlyn's archery skills being a credible threat too.

While the spear didn't end up being as powerful as it should've been, great moment with Sara and Laurel!

I know Mick realized his loyalty to the team and all and didn't want them dead, but I'm not sure I buy all the trust being restored suddenly. It should take more than just letting him pick their next destination.

I'm happy Sara was finally able to get some closure with Laurel thanks to the spear, just as I was happy to once again see Katie Cassidy. I wonder if Sara will finally meet Black Siren in the next crossover?
    With Katie Cassidy back next season, we are LONG overdue for a reunion with her, Sara, and Quentin Lance. Hopefully it'll happen on LoT.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I'm kind of disappointed the Legion of Doom is done now, it would have been cool to have that team still exist (or at least retain their memories) so they can become recurring villains.
    I guess they needed to be defeated definitively, like Vandal Savage was last season. So it looks like no major cast shake-up next season (which is both a relief and a missed opportunity for me...ehh, if they had a bunch of JSA guest stars this season, we can have more guest stars next season), but who do we want to see as the villain? I kind of want more Per Degaton, but after the Legion of Doom, I want another team of villains with powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Things I hope for next season:

-more travels into the future (like Kamandi and Legion of Superheroes)
    -more introductions by Heatwave.
    I'd like to see more of the future as well!

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I know Mick realized his loyalty to the team and all and didn't want them dead, but I'm not sure I buy all the trust being restored suddenly. It should take more than just letting him pick their next destination.
    To be fair, that version of Mick never got the chance to betray the team like Doomworld!Mick did.

I don't think the Doomworld!Legends even told the present!Legends that Mick betrayed them and joined the Legion. So they had no idea that happened and thus have no reason to distrust Mick.

I also really liked Ray being so distraught when he saw Doomworld!Mick die, only to be so happy when the other Mick showed up .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wish we had a roster change. So far it looks like Rip is the only one not coming back.
    Maybe not as a regular but it's already confirmed that Rip will show up next season as a guest star at the very least...

Retired

Now that I'm caught up on all of the LEGENDS that I missed when I was away, I have to say I really enjoyed the ride. And it was quite thrilling seeing all those stories in the space of a few days.

I think it's actually a good sign that they ended the season with the current team in place, except for Rip. And this might not make sense, but it actually gives them a free hand to change things up for the next season.

In a way, by showing Hourman and referencing the Justice Society at the end of season 1, that set a certain course for the series and limited what would happen with the team. Now, the first episode of season 3 will have to show the team that's in place at the end of "Aruba," but that can change almost immediately thereafter.

The only two members that I feel have a good shot of staying on for the long haul are Sara and Ray. I really think that Caity Lotz and Brandon Routh are the lead actors in a series without lead actors. Neither seems to have commitments to other TV shows or movies (but I'm sure if they had a chance to work somewhere else, the producers would work around their schedules). Caity has the advantage that her character doesn't require expensive CGI and she does a lot of her own stunts.

Arthur Darvill, Victor Garber and Dominic Purcell seems like the actors most likely to leave--just because they have opportunities to work on other things. I'm always expecting Martin Stein to leave--not just because Garber must have other opportunities, but also because Firestorm rarely appears at full power on the show, given the cost of the effects.

There are lots of reasons, in story, why Amaya, Nate and Jax could end up leaving the team. Vixen has to go back to her own time period at some point, Nate could follow her or end up caught in the temporal complications of his family, and if Stein leaves the team then Jax would have to go or find some new way of continuing on as Firstorm.

I'm almost kind of disappointed they're keeping Amaya on because I expect I'm going to be continually frustrated by her lack of use of her Totem .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Time wraiths go after speedsters who mess with time, Black Flash (supposedly) goes after time remnants. Big difference
    Dunno. I know it's technically different but it all boils down to folks messing with time.

Fuck it's a time remnant so it's damaging time. Fuck Barry went back in time to eat his own burrito twice stop him!

Ultimate Member

I'm almost kind of disappointed they're keeping Amaya on because I expect I'm going to be continually frustrated by her lack of use of her Totem .
    I'm guessing that it's for the same reason that we don't see Firestorm that much...it costs to much for all of that...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Dunno. I know it's technically different but it all boils down to folks messing with time.

Fuck it's a time remnant so it's damaging time. Fuck Barry went back in time to eat his own burrito twice stop him!
    Time remnants exist outside of the timeline. If you were to go back in time to talk to yourself that change would create an entirely new timeline because in your past you never interacted with your future self. The person you interact with becomes your time remnant, living in their own timeline outside of yours, so really it's the person responsible for the time remnant rather than the time remnant itself who is damaging time.