BANNED

Default Superman/Wonder Woman 25 Spoilers

This was a decent issue. It looks like they each were testing to see if Superman would take the more selfish route. Looks like they were trying to trick him into dying, but, Superman had the will to live, instinctively.

Diana getting emotional. They knew she would have hated them for the rest of her life.

09.jpg

Didn't know Superman had planned to propose to Diana.

10.jpg

Hephaestus was the most direct in his motives and understandably so.

11.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Just over 6 minutes to read it.

I notice that Eros here is described as the God of Desire, not love. I wonder where Aphrodite was?

Why is Superman surprised to be in Mt Etna? He has been there before.

And Artemis must be presented here one of the worst gods of the hunt ever.

Strife's test was so predictable as to be a non-event. Might have been more interesting if SHE had taken the Diana side of the equation. After all that's the biggest conflict in Superman's life at the moment, or at least you would think so. A team up between Eros and Strife would have at least been interesting - instead we get a three page version of the Superman story "Grounded".

As I surmised in the preview thread, even though Wonder Woman is in the book its pretty much all about Superman and how great he is. Diana's contributions are to yell a lot at the start and turn up as the love interest, and as the benchmark for how worth Clark is. The team could just have easily replaced Diana with Thor's hammer Mjolnir and had Clark lift it.

And three of the four "challenges" are beaten so easily that it doesn't even really seem that impressive. They can essentially be summarized as follows:

Artemis: He ran this way.

Clark: No he didn't.

Strife: Hit these mean people.

Clark: I don't want to.

Hephaestus: Get in this rocket or you'll burn and die!

Clark: Nope.

Bottom line - even as a tie in to the Superman story the book is being used to sell this issue seems mostly superfluous.
    Last edited by brettc1; 01-23-2016 at 07:10 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor