Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Dc's issue has been we don't care who YOU like-you better like who we WANT you to like.

That pretty much sums it up.

Thanks again for nothing DC for destroying the JSA, Legion, Captain Marvel, Charlton characters, etc. There is probably a real long hit list out there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cxranger View Post

Thanks again for nothing DC for destroying the JSA, Legion, Captain Marvel, Charlton characters, etc. There is probably a real long hit list out there.
    DC instead ofrevamp their properties lately, they have been much better at destroying franchises

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Dc's issue has been we don't care who YOU like-you better like who we WANT you to like.
    Actually, no. DC's issue has been "We're not selling well, so we need to do something new to rectify it." If DC had been selling well 5 years ago (and it's still the nadir for the company), no major changes would have occurred.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by cxranger View Post

Wildstorm properties also.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond28 View Post
    Snowball's chance in hell of WW moving away from the Greek origins because the movie is all about that.

And this is about the movies now...
    Azzarello's take on WW was fantastic for me. Please do not follow MARVEL and make movies/comics the same. It's logical for sure but if readers can get their head around movie adaptions being different from their sources/books so can audiences who pick up comics after watching Batman v Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Actually, no. DC's issue has been "We're not selling well, so we need to do something new to rectify it." If DC had been selling well 5 years ago (and it's still the nadir for the company), no major changes would have occurred.
    Indeed. DC did try pushing unknown characters. And it failed. People still bought the Batman. Captain Marvel is a relic. Put him to rest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    Indeed. DC did try pushing unknown characters. And it failed. People still bought the Batman. Captain Marvel is a relic. Put him to rest.
    no, he isn't

Spectacular Member

Even after four years of reading comics month to month i simply can't understand the people who say "if they renumber everything, i quit!". Why is it so important? Is it an elitist thing? If even one new reader picks up a series because of a number one and sticks with it, it is totally worth it.

I also think ,that double shipping some titles can be great. It just has to be done like "Amazing Spiderman". Dan Slott is writing two issues a month since at least 2010 or 2009 and he isn't decompressing everything. In 24 issues of "Superior Spiderman" more happened than in 50 issues of other runs. I for example would love two issues of Geoff Johns every month.

An i wish that DC uses the relaunch to bring back or introduce a summary page. It might be useless to most readers, but the short summary, often the lineup of characters and the credits are a nice way of opening the comic. And it creater the feeling of something more.

An please, please change your trade policy. One year of waiting does not lead to more excitment. It leads to the internet..
    Last edited by Serd; 01-24-2016 at 12:50 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    no, he isn't
    Absolutely true, Captain Marvel is one of the freshest, most brilliant characters in all of comicdom, IF done right.

A kid with the powers of the gods, with a sense of wonder and possibility - still one of the best concepts around.

Spectacular Member

double post

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serd View Post
    Even after four years of reading comics month to month i simply can't understand the people who say "if they renumber everything, i quit!". Why is it so important? Is it an elitist thing? If even one new reader picks up a series because of a number one and sticks with it, it is totally worth it.

I also think ,that double shipping some titles can be great. It just has to be done like "Amazing Spiderman". Dan Slott is writing two issues a month since at least 2010 or 2009 and he isn't decompressing everything. In 24 issues of "Superior Spiderman" more happened than in 50 issues of other runs. I for example would love two issues of Geoff Johns every month.

An i wish that DC uses the relaunch to bring back or introduce a summary page. It might be useless to most readers, but the short summary, often the lineup of characters and the credits are a nice way of opening the comic. And it creater the feeling of something more.

An please, please change your trade policy. One year of waiting is often not leading to more excitment. It leads to the internet..

I love the summary page, great concept and it makes what you about to read feel more important.

I would like a dual numbering system like Marvel did a few years back - use the current issue number along with the true number of the title's run, and put the volume number on the first page. It would help give an idea of the breadth of its history.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serd View Post
    I am annoyed by it yet not quitting. They just do it wrong, of course not as bad as Marvel. If they get to the point where they have ten titles all named Superman, having clearly stated volumes would keep keep everything in order. Other series have been doing it for years and I do not care as they have it clearly stated. On a side issue, renumbering a series that is past 900 is BS. That is a long history to change.

BANNED

For the people who claim that DC is destroying everything that they love. Umm, why are you still here?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Umm, why are you still here?
    To voice their opinion.

People are free to complain but the influence of the more profitable movies and tv shows is inevitable.