Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

This is sad to hear, I actually liked the DCyou line of books.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

So Flash and Green Arrow won't get relaunched because they have shows? I don't think that's fair. Don't get me wrong, I like Percy's Green Arrow and Flash by Jensen & Venditti, but they shouldn't receive special treatment.

And I wish the article was more specific. When they say everything, do they mean every book that they currently have out now or everything that they've done since 2011? Sorry I'm a little slow right now, didn't have my espresso yet.

I'm hoping for brand new titles as well, not just simple relaunches.
    Last edited by Starchild; 01-22-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Good its about time they relaunched with #1s, they are taking a beating in sales for no reason. Putting titles back at #1 doesn't effect my enjoyment of them at all.
    I would be annoyed about them making everything more like the movies, but that just seems like Rich speculation.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

I think I'll stand back and just watch as everyone jumps off the cliff of speculation.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Good. They better advertise it this time.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

This doesn't bother me so much because at this point DC really needs to do something and I will undoubtedly find titles that I'll enjoy but if this turns into a constant relaunching with new #1s scenario as is the case with Marvel then I might be looking at dropping DC from my pull. Constant relaunches was one of the things that lead me to ultimately drop my Marvel titles and I would do the same with DC if they went that route.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Remember when comics broke triple digits in it's numbering, will that ever happen again?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Good its about time they relaunched with #1s, they are taking a beating in sales for no reason. Putting titles back at #1 doesn't effect my enjoyment of them at all.
    I would be annoyed about them making everything more like the movies, but that just seems like Rich speculation.
    yep DC needs new 31s and a clear jumping point for new readers.

I don't think they need to make just like movies and tv shows, just a superficial resemblance and things will be fine

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

If Marvel is finding success with the constant #1's, it would be stupid of DC not to do the same thing. Not that I like it - I was a teen when the first comics to reach #500 were published - but I totally understand it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Always Rakzo

If there's something I'm looking forward about this though, is a bunch of new promising creative teams.

I especially need someone better in Green Arrow at this point.

Hopefully they'll plan a little better this time.

well we could see it slowly happening but it looks like the big change will finally take place with this relaunch. everything will now be dictated by the tv and film properties. Deadshot will look like Will Smith, Batman may become more old and gruff, and Green Arrow is going to pine over some adorkable tech wiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    well we could see it slowly happening but it looks like the big change will finally take place with this relaunch. everything will now be dictated by the tv and film properties. Deadshot will look like Will Smith, Batman may become more old and gruff, and Green Arrow is going to pine over some adorkable tech wiz.
    Maybe Deadhot will pull a Punisher.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah, not looking forward to having synergy between the comics and the movies. I'm not even interested enough most of the time to even go to the movies so having the comics be like them will likely make me uninterested in the comics as well. Guess we'll see.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG