Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    To voice their opinion.
    But if a company is supposedly destroying my favorite characters or whatever. I'm going to move on. It's really simple.

Life is more interesting when there are lots of complaints.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    For the people who claim that DC is destroying everything that they love. Umm, why are you still here?
    Because we care about the characters, and not as much about the management.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kaye View Post
    When will DC realise that if they want to be as successful as Marvel they have to treat their readers with complete and utter contempt and relaunch/renumber/reboot/rewhatever at least twice a year?

Didn't Brevoort say angry fans = better sales for Marvel. Why isn't it working for DC.

But if a company is supposedly destroying my favorite characters or whatever. I'm going to move on. It's really simple.
    People are different. In other news water is wet.

Dc usually sells well with reboots even from angry fans. All dc needs to do to have good sales every year is maybe to do yearly reboots.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Dc usually sells well with reboots even from angry fans. All dc needs to do to have good sales every year is maybe to do yearly reboots.
    Why not monthly reboots?

For weekly titles, it is probably possible to do monthly reboots. Can probably kill the main character every month and just bring back via reboot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    For weekly titles, it is probably possible to do monthly reboots. Can probably kill the main character every month and just bring back via reboot.
    That would get annoying real fast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Why not monthly reboots?
    Weekly reboots would be even better.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by HLOTS View Post
    Didn't Brevoort say angry fans = better sales for Marvel. Why isn't it working for DC.
    Well, it did in 2011. DC was on top of the sales charts until Marvel launched their NOW! initiative. And every time the market share starts to get closer to even, Marvel relaunches with a new banner. Im honestly sort of surprised it took DC so long to get in on the action.

I think in order for that formula to work maybe you need to introduce new #1's and "re-brand" everything each year. Keep the fans thinking that something important is happening when all you're really doing is changing someone's costume and giving them a new creative team.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Funny I think that is more a DC Problem....ie DC spends way more time then Marvel sidelining or trying to kill off characters they dont especially like.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Funny I think that is more a DC Problem....ie DC spends way more time then Marvel sidelining or trying to kill off characters they dont especially like.
    I know it's hard for some people to believe , but DC doesn't kill off characters solely because they dislike them. If they're selling more comics than average, they'll stick around.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

For the people who claim that DC is destroying everything that they love. Umm, why are you still here?
    The same reason you will be when you get a little older, I expect... Because of a lifelong fascination with these characters that is deeply ingrained because it was born in childhood.

If you want calm, measured, positive vibes about the comics you're reading, I suggest you go to the DC Comics site. Comics, as much as sports or politics or any other interest one holds deeply, inspire passionate reactions. That's a good thing. It's not a good thing if it gives someone a heart attack or causes them to live with genuine anger or bitterness (that's no good for anyone but I also don't think it happens too terribly often) but that people freak out on a comics fan site is only a natural thing. It's part of being a fan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I know it's hard for some people to believe , but DC doesn't kill off characters solely because they dislike them. If they're selling more comics than average, they'll stick around.
    so dc kill their characters because they aren't selling comics. this makes no sense, but it is DC