Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

This won't be storyline driven?

No Flashpoint-type of event?

One day, this summer, some people might walk into a comic store and just discover that a whole new universe is upon them? lol

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

So now that DC has a movie-verse, we are going to see it emulate and ape it quite a bit, the way Marvel is doing currently. Sounds good. It was bound to happen eventually.

My guess is that any character that is seen in the movies or on TV will have a solo series and/or be on a team book.

This means will will have...

• Justice League
    • Batman
    • Superman
    • Wonder Woman
    • Aquaman
    • Flash
    • Cyborg
    • Green Lantern
    • Green Arrow
    • Supergirl
    • Harley Quinn
    • Suicide Squad

My guess is that we will also have:

• Action Comics
    • Detective Comics
    • Sensation Comics
    • An ongoing miniseries where Harley Quinn and *Insert Guest Character Here* have some adventures
    • A Gotham PD book
    • Constantine
    • A Magic Team
    • More Bat-family titles
    • Batman/Superman
    • Superman/Wonder Woman
    • Batman/Wonder Woman
    • Some kind of timey wimey Rip Hunter comic
    • Teen Titans
    • More miniseries starring characters that don't get a lot of solo-screen time

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    The fact that this actually increases sales is proof that comic fans are dumb. A new number one used to matter because it might be the start of something long-running. It is meaningless if it happens every few years. We've got to smarten up.
    Speculators are not the ones who make #1s sell. Shop owners do. They do this because #1s represent strong jumping on points. Additionally, DC and Marvel offer discounts and rare variants if comic shop owners buy x amount of the new #1 comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Remember when reboots didn't happen every few years? I wonder if that will ever be the case again.

Sandy Hausler
    There has only been 1 reboot in the last few years (the New 52). Everything else has just been relaunches and renumberings.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Remember when comics broke triple digits in it's numbering, will that ever happen again?
    Not at the big two.

As long as they don't reboot continuity (outside of perhaps Zero Hour-like retcons), and as things aren't actually based on tv/movie incarnations, I'm fine. I don't have any issue with certain inspirations from other media (I'd prefer not altogether to be perfectly honest but I'm trying to meet them halfway), but not too much.

I don't care about numbering, never have.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-22-2016 at 01:31 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    The fact that this actually increases sales is proof that comic fans are dumb. A new number one used to matter because it might be the start of something long-running. It is meaningless if it happens every few years. We've got to smarten up.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying patterns deserve.

-M

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm hoping there will be some serious enough retcons to continuity to bring in some pre-FP (hopefully more of this) & TV stuff.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    If anything blame Marvel for teaching retailers to only care about them #1s and the higher price points. Remember there were several retailers complaining about there being no September/3D $3.99 covers for every single DC book in 2015.
    I think you have it backwards, consumers buy more of the shiny new stuff which in comics is #1 issues, and that teaches retailers to order more. Retailers ordering more teachers publishers to make more of those because they sell better. Buying patterns dictate what happens, if fans want change they have to change their buying patterns. Complain all you want about x-overs, #1s and events, retailers order more because they sell more, publishers make more because they sell more. Who is doing the buying? That's where the blame lies-and the people buying are the fans. If there was no demand for it, there wouldn't be more of this stuff constantly being done. People posting online they don't like it doesn't speak as loudly as people buying the product and speaking with their wallets. When people's buying pattenrs change, comics will change. I don't foresee that happening anytime soon.

-M

That's the type of ideas that will get me dropping a bunch of stuff. If you watch the tv shows, you have the shows. We don't need them dominating a whole line of comics. Let the tv shows have their version, and the comics have theirs. Again that's not completely excluding certain inspirations from time to time, but overall they should be their own identities. I want to read comics, not commcercials for a tv show or movie.

I'm hoping its just a situation where, if you happen to have a tv show or movie coming, you get more attention. But they're still their "comic" selves.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-22-2016 at 01:42 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Good its about time they relaunched with #1s, they are taking a beating in sales for no reason. Putting titles back at #1 doesn't effect my enjoyment of them at all.
    I would be annoyed about them making everything more like the movies, but that just seems like Rich speculation.
    Nothing I wrote was my speculation unless clearly labelled.

I wonder if any of the DCYou books were successful enough to warrant being part of the relaunch?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    So now that DC has a movie-verse, we are going to see it emulate and ape it quite a bit, the way Marvel is doing currently. Sounds good. It was bound to happen eventually.

My guess is that any character that is seen in the movies or on TV will have a solo series and/or be on a team book.
    Unfortunately you are correct. I prefer the Marvel universe before they made it to the big screen. Love watching the movies, but hate all the retcons due to the films. Not happy that DC is doing the same. Stupid movies.

Titans Hunt will lead to a Titans series and Scott Snyder is off Batman but will do Detective Comics. I wonder who will do Batman? Tom King seems like the choice considering how hot his name is you will have someone with a good pre existing buzz but not too much of a profile like Scott when he started.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

They made a mistake not relaunching for DCYou so this doesn't surprise me as much as I dislike the idea.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Besides the legacy of the names, why are Action and Detective Comics being released if Batman and Superman have titled books? Why not make Action and Detective anthologies of lesser characters again?
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Titans Hunt will lead to a Titans series and Scott Snyder is off Batman but will do Detective Comics. I wonder who will do Batman? Tom King seems like the choice considering how hot his name is you will have someone with a good pre existing buzz but not too much of a profile like Scott when he started.
    JRJR on art would probably generate the buzz.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Unfortunately you are correct. I prefer the Marvel universe before they made it to the big screen. Love watching the movies, but hate all the retcons due to the films. Not happy that DC is doing the same. Stupid movies.
    I actually like how DC comics hasn't been a reflection of the movie U up to this point. I like the movies well enough but I also don't run out right away to see them either due to the cost these days to even go to a movie. Forcing the comics to emulate the films would be one of the quickest way to lose my readership. If I'm not concerned with watching the movies as they come out I sure as heck am not interested in reading about the movie versions of the characters either. I'm going to wait and see what happens of course but that part really has me questioning whether I'll stay with DC or not.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG