Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default POLL: Where Would You Like to See Plastic Man Make His Live-Action Debut?

DC Comics' pliable hero can't be kept out of the live-action spotlight much longer. Where do you think Plastic Man should make his debut?

Full article here.

In his own movie.

It's shameful how DC sits on this franchise, and doesn't have a film or anything in development.
    With Marvel's take-a-risk success, with the quirky last hero you'd expect Ant-Man, a criminal turned superhero, they have no excuse.

20 years ago The Mask film had the vision and saw the strength in this living, breathing human-cartoon character come to life. (They also snagged the actor who embodied it)
    Yet DC sits on the original without a clue.

The effects are now beyond there, and a character who can transform himself into anything is both terrifying and hysterical!...
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-08-2016 at 01:15 PM.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

I would rather see him in an animated movie. Something like that pilot that Kyle Baker (I think) worked on for Cartoon Network.

It would be cool if Eel O'Brien made an appearance in Arrow, got his powers, and then became Plastic Man on The Flash .

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Where Would You Like to See Plastic Man Make His Live-Action Debut?
    Maybe on the Playboy Channel?

In his own movie. That way he can be better featured.

BANNED

I realize that CGI is getting there, but not sure I think anybody can do Plastic Man justice.

Or if they do, it's going to be very watered-down. Much like (no pun intended) I expect most of "Aquaman" to take place above-water.

The tv shows wouldn't be able to pull of Plas the same way they couldn't do Green Lantern. It would just require way too much CG.

I'm hoping that in Justice League part 2 there are appearances by a ton of heroes. Even if it's just a cameo. Kinda like the final episode of Justice League Unlimited where heroes from around the globe were stepping up and fighting off the Parademons. Would be cool to see Plas in a scene like that. Hopefully it would set up a solo film.

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe on the Playboy Channel?
    This makes me think of how Frank Miller used not Plastic Man, but the Elongated Man in The Dark Knight Strikes Back.

BANNED

Would love to see Plas in the DCEU.

BANNED

In a taffy machine... or just in animated shape, he's one of those loony toon kind of characters thats going to take far too much work to do justice in live action. Places like Arrow would force him to be normal most of the time and maybe stretch only for a fight... where he should be doing his thing constantly.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    DC Comics' pliable hero can't be kept out of the live-action spotlight much longer. Where do you think Plastic Man should make his debut?

Full article here.
    I believe in the next Green Lantern since Hal Jordan''s animosity for Plastic Man was a plotline a while back and could be used to inject a little humor into the movie. It could start off with an initial encounter in the Justice League movie and continue from there. Not everybody in the next GL has to be a Lantern.If handled like Deadpool but without the foul language it could be really funny. I vote for Will Farrel as PL.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

As a supporting character in a solo movie featuring a newer character. Like Green Arrow. or the Booster Gold & Blue Beetle. A character like Plastic Man can become a fan favorite if revealed in short bursts. Otherwise he can become overwhelmingly cheesy, like Jar Jar Binks. No, let someone say "I know a guy who can help us with this", and introduce Plastic Man as already existing. He could be a pleasant surprise that lightens the mood. Later, have him do something hilarious but important, like become someone's dress for espionage, or act as a table that suddenly comes to life during a battle. When he shows up again, people will be glad to see him. If he shows up again down the line, they'd be even more happy. "Oh yeah, I loved that guy! I'm glad they're using him again!"

His own solo movie I don't think would work well. Casuals would say "oh, this is for children", "not another pointless comic book movie", and "he's just like the stretchy Fantastic 4 guy." It's hard to avoid inducing cringe with that kind of humor. It's sensitive.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

A Plastic Man film would be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    I believe in the next Green Lantern since Hal Jordan''s animosity for Plastic Man was a plotline a while back and could be used to inject a little humor into the movie.
    When did Hal Jordan and Plas have animosity?