Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REPORT: Scott Snyder to Depart "Batman," Join "Detective Comics"

Snyder will end his five-year run on "Batman" and head over to "Detective Comics," DC Comics' secondary "Batman" title.

Full article here.

Wow! Knew Greg was leaving, but didn't think Scott would.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Snyder will end his five-year run on "Batman" and head over to "Detective Comics," DC Comics' secondary "Batman" title.

Full article here.
    Where do they get this nonsense from?

Snyder does realize that he was partially responsible for event-driven nature of the main Batman title right ?

The best case scenario is that this increases Detective Comics sales while Batman stays steady. I'm excited to see who'll replace him and the different take on Batman while being glad that we don't lose Snyder in the process.

Honestly, I'm ready for Snyder to take a break from Batman altogether...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Honestly, I'm ready for Snyder to take a break from Batman altogether...

I don't disagree with that, I'd like to see him on other DC stuff. I really enjoyed Superman Unchained, especially when reading them all again back-to-back.

All-New Member

Batman is going to be bi-weekly, not bi-monthly. DC is not going to cut back its bestselling book to six times a year.

Maybe Snyder will create the new version of Gotham Central?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Will this lessen the insane (heh) push of the Joker? I'm in!

Well, this is unexpected.

But it's also potentially exciting news. I think the most consistent criticisms of Snyder's work on Batman is that his stories are always incredibly long and always seem to try and out-do the previous story in "epic-ness." Moving to 'Tec might take some of the creative pressure off of his shoulders and allow him to do something a little more quiet or experimental. I know he's wanted to do a Two Face story for awhile now and that could be the perfect place to do it. I'll be sad to see him step down from the main title but he's had a killer run and will still get to work on the character. I am a little concerned about who might take the main title and the fact that it's going to become bi-weekly. On one hand, more Batman! Yay! On the other, I definitely don't think the current quality of that book could be maintained at a bi-weekly pace. Maybe I'm wrong and I'll gladly eat my words if the successor proves me wrong. If I were putting money on it, I think my guess is going to be Azzarello.

So Superheavy wraps up at 50 in March, correct? That gives us a few more months with Snyder before switching titles. I wonder what his final story on the title will be?

Fantastic Member

yes alright

BANNED

Bummer, but at least, in the case of this reader, he's left me wanting more. I've enjoyed his time on the title immensely, and will definitely check out whatever he does on 'Tec.

VenomDrool

This might be true if we read and analyze Snyder's last issue. Specifically the conversation Bruce has with the man at the bench . The conversation points toward Bruce being focused or preoccupied with the smaller things, rather than the big stuff. Something that the Batman title is preoccupied with by comparison to Detective. So the meta here is: is Snyder communicating wanting to go back to smaller more nuanced stories? Not that he hasn't accomplished that with this title in my opinion, but there is an expectation that the core book would tackle a huge story that might encompass 30 odd issues (joker or gotham for example), rather than explore a smaller subject in 4 issues, before moving on to something that is unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Maybe Snyder will create the new version of Gotham Central?
    Don't get my hopes up please!