All-New Member

Default The Question of the Suicide Squad Villain

Apologies in advance if this thread already exists or it was posted in the wrong sub-forum, I searched as best I could and found nothing.

Okay, I'll presume everyone's seen the new Suicide Squad trailer? If not, it can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRih_VtVAs

Of note is the fact The Joker doesn't seem to be the real villain, as some previously assumed.

I invite you to stare at it paused at points where the villain appears (although not clearly) and you can see evidence of his devastation (1:07, 1:13)

Lets look at possible culprits, offered by various journalists (who are morons who no nothing of the DCU);

THE TATTOOED MAN

BRAINIAC

Firstly, the tattooed man does appear to be in the film, portrayed by some rapper or something. And at first glance he seems to be a reasonable suspect. He is bald, he is capable of firing dark projectiles (possibly in a tentacle like appendage). HOWEVER it appears who ever or what ever the real villain is can alter/control others (see: terror soldiers that deadshot fires at 1:48) and appears to have some form of golden and green regalia (see: Subway scenes 1:44 and 1:51) which just doesn't make sense for him. Lastly I think that whatever this is is powerful, not ordinary super level, I mean powerful... Magical (and my suspect will address this).

Brainiac? No. No. Dear god no. Jesus H Christ why? No.

Allow me to explain: Yes, brainiac having tentacle appendages is a reasonable interpretation. Yes, brainiac having altered terror soliders is a reasonable interpretation. Yes, brainiac being/possessing a bald man is a reasonable interpretation. Yes, brainiac having the power to waste half of Central City is a reasonable interpretation. HOWEVER and I mean HOWEVER it would be a waste of potential and wouldn't fit the rest of the (admittedly more circumstantial) evidence.

And so... I invite you to look upon the name of my culprit:

HERMES TRISMEGISTUS, FATHER OF HERMETICISM

"WHO!?!" I hear you cry? Please, allow me to explain.

Hermes Trismegistus is a Pseudo-Greek/Egyptian writer and possibly magical entity. Who has appeared in the DCU before, with ENCHANTRESS, specifically in the DAY OF JUDGEMENT story arch where she met "a succubus working with a group of Mafia-styled demons to resurrect Hermes Trismegestus".

So, Black Adam and Wonder Woman is in this DCU film adaptation, so Egyptian and Greek magic CHECK

The latter subway scene shows a very pharaoh like headdress and armour on our culprit, so again CHECK

Resurrection magic with demons and ****? 2:03=CHECK

A terrifying magical entity that may be predicted by enchantress and so would be reasonable for her to turn up in the white house (1:27) and warn the US government to subsequently form a Team (or Squad) to go on a Suicide mission to stop this entity, making sense how the team was readily assembled and primed before the massive destruction of a major US city? CHECK, CHECK, CHECKITY CHECK CHECK

Opinions, please.

Unrepentant Magog Fan HaroldAllnut's Avatar

I was under the impression that the main villain is going to be Enchantress and that the weird baddie we saw was some souped-up version of the witch possessing her. Perhaps I'm wrong, though...
    Ongoings: Action Comics, Aquaman, Archie, Batman, Birthright, Black Magick, Citizen Jack, Clean Room, Cry Havoc, Daredevil, Detective Comics, Howard the Duck, Injection, Jughead, Paper Girls, Postal, Saga, Superman, Totally Awesome Hulk, Wonder Woman, Wytches

Minis: Plutona, Prophet: Earth War, Self Storage, Swamp Thing, Weavers

Trade-waiting: The Marvel Star Wars books

Spectacular Member

Definitely Enchantress.

Wasn't it confirmed that the initial baddie is Enchantress, and then after they defeat and capture her, she joins them to take on the Joker?

Unrepentant Magog Fan HaroldAllnut's Avatar

I forgot... Isn't Common playing the Tattooed Man? Perhaps he's the one tearing up the train?
    Ongoings: Action Comics, Aquaman, Archie, Batman, Birthright, Black Magick, Citizen Jack, Clean Room, Cry Havoc, Daredevil, Detective Comics, Howard the Duck, Injection, Jughead, Paper Girls, Postal, Saga, Superman, Totally Awesome Hulk, Wonder Woman, Wytches

Minis: Plutona, Prophet: Earth War, Self Storage, Swamp Thing, Weavers

Trade-waiting: The Marvel Star Wars books

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HaroldAllnut View Post
    I was under the impression that the main villain is going to be Enchantress and that the weird baddie we saw was some souped-up version of the witch possessing her. Perhaps I'm wrong, though...
    In the subway scene, where you see the villain from behind, it is VERY clearly a bald man. It's plausible however that it is enchantress' intention for the villain to be resurrected and so works towards that goal, secretly, as the villain. It's possible that Common whilst playing the tattooed man is possessed, but I think you'd see more tattoos on the back of his head.