Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Weird error messages: Warning: preg_replace()

I keep getting these weird error messages on the top of the forum screen.

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Sometimes, I get multiple copies of them. They're in the blue area above the forum proper. I don't know what this means. All I do know is that I'm not getting it right now.

More information. These messages only appear on pages that have images in their notes. CBR doesn't usually have this sort of 'complaint' message about images in messages. But now, there's one for every image on that page. If there are no images, then the message doesn't appear.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I wonder if that has anything to do with how my every post is accused of double posting?

It happens in the TV Film forum. Weird.

code.jpg
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 01-23-2016 at 07:13 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeah I was posting in TV/Film board and same error message popping up and telling me to repost in 30 seconds. I did and its caused me to double post once.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yeah I was posting in TV/Film board and same error message popping up and telling me to repost in 30 seconds. I did and its caused me to double post once.
    There's also a weird variant that doesn't seem related to pics, with a different number.

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

What is going on here?

There was some work done on the site last night to prepare for a forum upgrade sometime in the near future, I suspect these issues may be side-effects of that.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    When it does that, your post has already gone through and you can leave that screen. It's doing it everywhere today.

Default CBR site acting strangely?

Hopefully this is just temporary, but the site has been acting weird today. Code text appearing where it shouldn't, posts that won't post, odd things.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Hopefully this is just temporary, but the site has been acting weird today. Code text appearing where it shouldn't, posts that won't post, odd things.
    I was getting that too. And double posts.

Same with me.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, it's still acting kooky this morning.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Retired

Same here. Is ths a sign of the coming apocalypse--i.e., should we expect this board to go down again soon?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Same here. Is ths a sign of the coming apocalypse--i.e., should we expect this board to go down again soon?
    I hope not that would be annoying.

As I said, this is likely a result of some brief work done on the forums to prepare for a forum upgrade sometime in the near future. So yes, at some point the forums will go down again. But it's not being rebooted again, if that's what you're talking about.
    Conn Seanery

The forums were upgraded, let us know if any of the current errors still exist (or if you see any new ones).
    Conn Seanery