Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Who's in the Grave? Examining the Clues from "Arrow's" Midseason Premiere

"Blood Debts," the "Arrow" midseason premiere, ruled out one character's death but opened the door to several more.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

Well, when I saw the flash forward, I was a little disappointed. It showed that the showrunners don't have the stones to kill off Felicity. My money is on Captain Lance or Oliver's baby mama.

I think it may be Thea. It would be awful if it was because she's the most developed character. But I think the writers are willing to kill off characters who are important, while leaving the completely unimportant Felicity alive even though the show's quality lowers because of that. But the unbearable "olicity" fans will undoubtedly be happy and can continue their creepy harassment of the cast, their pasting felicity's head on top of steven amell's wife's head and being the only people Guggenheim will hear out on tumblr.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Its interesting that Lyla Diggle's name hasn't really been mentioned in any discussions about the grave.
    Her death would leave devastation also. The team knows and cares about her and her death would mean big changes for Diggle. Samantha's death would have big repercussions on Ollie but nobody cares about Samantha. It wouldn't leave a shock IMO.
    All signs point to Lyla, Quentin, or Donna.

Its interesting that Lyla Diggle's name hasn't really been mentioned in any discussions about the grave.
    Her death would leave devastation also. The team knows and cares about her and her death would mean big changes for Diggle. Samantha's death would have big repercussions on Ollie but nobody cares about Samantha. It wouldn't leave a shock IMO.
    All signs point to Lyla, Quentin, or Donna.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

It's gonna be Felicity's mother. As much as I would love getting rid of Laurel once and for all, I don't have enough faith in the show runners to do what I want them to.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Fans are assuming that the villain Oliver is swearing to kill is Damien Dahrk. There's no guarantee of that anymore than there is of who is in the grave. It could be Anarky, the upcoming Calculator guy, or even Malcolm Merlyn to blame.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It could be Roy. His actor has moved on and will no longer be a regular on the show.

I'm 100% sure it's either Diggle or Thea. I'm surprised Diggle isn't on their list. Seems the most obvious to me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FN Spider-Man View Post
    Well, when I saw the flash forward, I was a little disappointed. It showed that the showrunners don't have the stones to kill off Felicity. My money is on Captain Lance or Oliver's baby mama.
    There was never any chance that was going to happen anyways. I'm not an Olicity fan, but the only ones who believed she would die are those that dislike her. The producers have stated that a goal was to return the focus this season to the Original Arrow Trio, which would be kinda hard if they killed her off. Beyond that, the producers love her, and they clearly have a major storyline going on between her and Oliver, which will likely involved them getting married at some point, so it was naďve of those who thought there was any chance of her dying to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baba3231 View Post
    I'm 100% sure it's either Diggle or Thea. I'm surprised Diggle isn't on their list. Seems the most obvious to me.
    I think at this point, Oliver, Diggle, and Felicity are the safest three characters. They're the Original Team Arrow, and I don't see any of them dying anytime soon.
    Last edited by Zorkel567; 01-23-2016 at 12:06 PM.

BANNED

I am elated that they aren't killing her off. She is the road to Oliver's salvation. Without her, he would lose his way again, and go completely off the rails and become the villain of the story. I just don't know why people don't see that.

Anyway... it's great to know she will be around for the foreseeable future.

All-New Member

Default Eeny Meeny Miney Moe

well, I'm of two thoughts. I first thought (before I came here) that it was Felicity's mother--as mentioned, because of Felicity's strident anger. Of course, her anger could also be due to Oliver having a son.

On the other hand, I'm becoming fond of the idea that Thea will be the one because I think Colton Haynes is coming back and he'll probably reclaim the "Speedy" role. That would explain Oliver's shellshocked demeanor and his vow to kill Dahrk before going back to the car and affirming Felicity's demand to kill Dahrk -- it would also make a complete tragic circle of Thea going to the Lazarus Pit (and her burgeoning blood lust) and Dahrk being a splinter group of the League of Assassins. Sara, in Legends of Tomorrow, is a stronger vehicle to use in the overcoming of the effects of the Lazarus Pit. Thea is also questioning herself because of Anarky's claim that she's like him.
    Last edited by woodroad34; 01-23-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    I am elated that they aren't killing her off. She is the road to Oliver's salvation. Without her, he would lose his way again, and go completely off the rails and become the villain of the story. I just don't know why people don't see that.

Anyway... it's great to know she will be around for the foreseeable future.
    What you fail to see is what the people that dislike the Olicity relationship see, it is an incredibly forced relationship that never made any sense and still doesn't make sense to this day. Felicity is far from his salvation, I would argue that Diggle has a bigger part in that than anyone else.

Mighty Member

What you fail to see is what the people that dislike the Olicity relationship see, it is an incredibly forced relationship that never made any sense and still doesn't make sense to this day. Felicity is far from his salvation, I would argue that Diggle has a bigger part in that than anyone else.
    Indeed, moreover since the show runners started catering to her nut job fans they have made Felicity the center of the DCWBverse emasculated every hero when she is around and generally turned her into a cancer at the heart of the show. She is the worst character on any show I have watched in the last 10 years.

All-New Member

If someone is in the grave, I am guessing Donna Smoak

However, I still think it's a fake grave for felicity. Everyone assumes they were hiding her in the car from the viewer, what she was also hiding from Dark.

She could be angry over a second attempt.

Of course with current storyline s on the other shows no future is cast in stone. Pun intended.