Unrepentant Magog Fan HaroldAllnut's Avatar

Question Status of the Archie horror line

Hey y'all. I'm just a little bit confused about the status of the ongoing Archie horror books, Afterlife with Archie and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I've been meaning to read these books for awhile, but I've only recently gotten around to checking them out. Are both books on hiatus while the artists catch up?
    Ongoings: Action Comics, Aquaman, Archie, Batman, Birthright, Black Magick, Citizen Jack, Clean Room, Cry Havoc, Daredevil, Detective Comics, Howard the Duck, Injection, Jughead, Paper Girls, Postal, Saga, Superman, Totally Awesome Hulk, Wonder Woman, Wytches

Minis: Plutona, Prophet: Earth War, Self Storage, Swamp Thing, Weavers

Trade-waiting: The Marvel Star Wars books

Afterlife and Sabrina are coming back... this summer.
    According to Archie's reps, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina will be back with issue No. 5 on May 18 and Afterlife With Archie will return with issue No. 9 on June 1.
    We can go back to sleep.
    Last edited by ian0delond; 02-15-2016 at 08:28 AM.

Afterlife and Sabrina announced to come back with extra sized issues ( around 35 pages for Sabrina).

Good place to end the series ?

Robert Hack posted issue 7 is all done.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

The Horror books are in the same place as the Dark Circle, Archie Action, & Betty & Veronica books at this point. They are on a "We will release them when we feel like it" schedule.

Seriously, Archie is one of the worst publishers when it comes to actually getting content out. And they are so dang obsessed with their Pretty Little Liars: Archie Edition TV show right now, things are actually getting worse. So yea, don't expect more then one or maybe two issues of the horror books a year if you are lucky. Same for most of the Dark Circle books. As for the Sonic books in action, those are supposed to come back in the summer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got put on a quarterly release, and I have no idea why Betty & Veronica's release is so dang slow, you would think they would want the book for their female leads out on time, but nope.

And lets not forget they can't even get their one-shots out on time, the Sabrina one-shot due out this month got pushed back to May. A one-shot got pushed back two months, good lord!

Then there's Reggie & Me which has been demoted from ongoing to 5-issue mini-series.

Sad to say, but Archie, despite any shiny new coats of paint they put on themselves is still a royal screw-up as a publisher. Their overdependence on Riverdale is gonna come back and bite them where the sun don't shine in the long run.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!