Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default DC Reboot 2016: What does it mean for the Bat family titles?

So is it pretty much confirmed that DC is doing another reboot on June.

What I could find is that the DC Reboot is a 2016 revamp/relaunch of the entire DC Universe, with all New 52 books being cancelled, and new books replacing them. There will be 50 Issues to start with, prompting a new future for the DC Universe. Instead of being kicked off by a mini-series (like The New 52 via Flashpoint), there will be a entire month of New 52 series' issues being connected in what's known as Rebirth.

I'm very scared about this. I liked what the New 52 has done to certain characters, specially Jason Todd, and I don't want to see it all go away. What do you guys think this mean for the Bat Family titles? What kind of reboot is this?

BANNED

I would not be worried...if you are Red Hood fan I am sure he will be fine, maybe Grayson will get his friends back and Todd will have to make some of his own but overall I wouldnt be worried....I be more worried as a Tim Drake Fan, Cass Cain Fan or Steph Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Oh? What authoritative sources are you quoting that say it WILL definitely happen?

Astonishing Member

It's not a reboot, but a relaunch. It's the equivalent of Marvel Now. It's just a bunch of new creative teams, story directions, and #1s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh? What authoritative sources are you quoting that say it WILL definitely happen?
    BleedingCool aint perfect but when it comes to predicting dc reboots/relaunches they have been spot on

They might go more like the DC animated Universe.

Batwing, Nightwing, Demian, Batwoman, Batgirl

And I assume they will keep Jason Todd death in the family around
    The J-man

BANNED

Bat family fans dont have much to worry about. I think most of the characters with vocal fans will find something to do,the only question is who will write them. I see the Harper and Duke movement dying. They might show up in Snyders work but no more WAR and Eternal.

Most likely, very little will change. The Bat line has been critically (and financially, for some cases) successful under Doyle. I can't really see the bosses stepping in and messing with what has worked well so far.

Extraordinary Member

If Dick goes back to nightwing this is where it will happen, JL VS TT is due at that time.

Extraordinary Member

I'm very scared about this. I liked what the New 52 has done to certain characters, specially Jason Todd, and I don't want to see it all go away. What do you guys think this mean for the Bat Family titles? What kind of reboot is this?
    They have just started to give RH/A variant covers, something usually only the bigger titles have, and Jason got quite a lot of guest appearances in other books, so there is a good chance that he will still have a title after Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    BleedingCool aint perfect but when it comes to predicting dc reboots/relaunches they have been spot on
    I wouldn't use a Bleeding Cool article that doesn't name specific sources
    Now, if you said it was looking more likely, then it might be more on point. But right now, if no named person from DC has confirmed it, it ain't definite yet.

BANNED

I am just saying they have called every DC relaunch/reboot over the past couple years so I trust them

I would. Say what you want about them but they're right most of the time with DC stuff. And the fact Didio and Lee tweeted the Rebirth tease right after the article went up is telling.

But to be accurate this should be titled DC Relaunch 2016; its not a reboot.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

"Relaunch" is the most likely translation of Rebirth. I kind of hope "restructuring" applies to that as well.

The main Bat-office and its current responsibilities, if anything, will probably just continue to expand and continue their success. I don't see anyone in the main office doing anything that would hamper Doyle et al. Maybe they were the ones who wanted Snyder moved to Detective and a new team on Batman, but it seems more like a situation where that was an agreed upon move than a command.

The only areas of the Batfamily that I think may experience dramatic change would be those whose books are currently outside their control. I don't think they'll immediately dump Lobdell off Red Hood and Arsenal, but they may move the book under DC editorial control, maybe make it a bit more ambitious. I think that Red Robin has to experience some change; Teen Titans isn't good enough right now. Ideally, I'd like to see him get a solo or some kind of modern Gotham book. We've also got Azrael, Harper, Cass, and Steph and they all could use a permanent home. I could see them officially making an Eternal-style weekly an annual event.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Relaunch and Reboot are both the same thing now anyway
    They are relaunching the DCU again
    I don't expect much to change for the Batman line although there might be a slight slant to the movie crowd now
    Batman is getting a new costume and Alfred might have a full head of hair regularly now