Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member dick_wingnut's Avatar

I really wish they would reduce the batfamily, its pretty damn ridiculous. Batman used to have an embarrassment of riches when it came to villains, now its just embarrassing how much clutter and white noise there is on the hero side. Its almost like there is some creator's pet project hero or sentimental favorite waiting at the door of every villain, waiting to pounce like a game of whack a mole.

They dont seem willing to make the hard cuts that piss fans off though, so I wouldnt worry too much.

What would make sense would be losing the vast majority of the family and cutting at least Tim and Damien from the Robins to make it more in line with the movie universe and more friendly to what I believe they are hoping will be an influx of new readers.

Honestly what would make me happiest is to do away with all continuity and just have writers/artists do runs in their own playgrounds, not having to worry about what the guy before them built unless they want to.

Hopefully Dick doesn't go back to Nightwing. I honestly don't get why people want him to be Nightwing again when it has been a fairly useless identity for quite a while. I just don't get it.

Jason can keep Roy as a friend. I don't get why people want him to hang out with Dick. Dick's better off without him and it makes more sense he would be closer to Jason.

Spectacular Member dick_wingnut's Avatar

How is it any more or less useless than any other identity?

He just needs a good creative team.

I just hope they take some pointers from Rocksteady's designs. Liker Riddler, Hatter, Croc, definitely Scarecrow (from Asylum that is). They had the best conceptual ideas for the Bat characters that I've seen in quite some time. Would also to see them work more with the villains they got under their belt that could use some good, iconic stories.

Oh, and please, for the love of god, stop changing the characters' appearance just for the sake of diversity. If you want more color in the Bat universe, then add some new, cool, interesting characters to not only fill that desire singularly, but that also appeals to people in multiple ways rather than something as superficial as race.

I wonder if duke Thomas will be robin, or gone.

Quote Originally Posted by dick_wingnut View Post
    How is it any more or less useless than any other identity?

He just needs a good creative team.
    Because there are about a dozen or so Nightwing-like characters running around now. The market is flooded with them. He'd just be doing what they all are regardless of creative team. At least what he is now isn't really widespread so people can pay attention to what he is doing.

I mean, why do you want him to be Nightwing again and what do you want him to do in the role that will make him stand out? I get that some people like the Nightwing identity (I've cooled off on it the past few years) and want him to return to it because of that, but what do you want him to do as Nightwing exactly? That's what I don't get.

BANNED

Nothing to be afraid for.

It`s a relaunch, not a reboot and even if it was one, the Bat line is by far the most consistant wide spread seller they got. They won`t fudge much like they didn`t with the previous reboot. These characters are too popular in this market to be axed all around.

Expect the tradictional Robins to stay around (and start being realistic, by the way. They won`t scrap Dick, Jason, Tim or Damian) and the rest of the toys being used depending the writers. As for the girls I expect both Batgrl and Woman to stay as well, since they have been critically well received and open other venues besides what is standard for boys.

Duke, the War kids, Julia, whatever? It`s anyone`s guess.

BANNED

I´d laugh if they just do the relaunch to magically give Alfred his hand again.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 01-23-2016 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    It's not a reboot, but a relaunch. It's the equivalent of Marvel Now. It's just a bunch of new creative teams, story directions, and #1s.
    This. People need to learn the difference between a complete reboot and a relaunch.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

One book that SHOULD be #Rebirthed is Birds of Prey written by Brendan Fletcher, drawn by Annie Wu.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    One book that SHOULD be #Rebirthed is Birds of Prey written by Brendan Fletcher, drawn by Annie Wu.
    Uh, no.
    Not unless they can keep it on a monthly schedule.
    (I don't know what's causing all the delays with Black Canary, but unless they're cleared up, I don't want the two of them together on a book without knowing why all of Fletcher's books have been so seriously delayed.)

Amazing Member

They tried reducing the Batfamily. It didn’t work out. They eventually had to bring back Steph and Cass. These two are not going anywhere anytime soon. They’ll probably be moved to “Batgirl”, and become Barbara’s new sidekicks.

Duke and Harper have become too popular to be gotten rid of. Duke will become the new official Robin and be featured in the main Batman book, with Harper as Batman’s new “Nightwing”.

Damian will be given a new identity or will just be “Damian Wayne : son of Batman”. At this point, he doesn’t need the Robin identity anymore; the name “Damian Wayne” is enough to sell a book.

Red Hood/Red Robin are gold together. DC would be a fool not to capitalize on their chemistry. A Red Hood/Red Robin book should sell a lot more than Red Hood/Arsenal.

Both Nightwing and the spy thing are dead ends.

BANNED

If there is a "relaunch", the one and only purpose of it will be to try to sell some comic books, since everybody has to have a new #1 of each issue. It might be short-term profit, but it's still profit. It occurred to me today what the true beauty of "Grayson" is: It lets Dick be ANYONE. He doesn't have to be a Spyral operative--now he can surprise his readers with his exploits as an Owl--and who knows what after that? I want to see Dick take it beyond the max and be everything we've always known he has the potential to be.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm not going to worry about anything until we get more details. It seems pretty pointless to get worked up about anything until we know more about what this relaunch entails.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Venditti already confirmed this isn't a Reboot so I think Jason will be more or less the same (I hope DC finaly ditches Rocafort's stupid mouthed helmet though)

However, I am more worried about Roy. If BC is accurate a Titans title will be coming and is more than likely than Roy would be drafted into the Titans if that comes true.