Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I wonder if duke Thomas will be robin, or gone.
    he can be lark
    Damian aint goin nowhere

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    he can be lark
    Damian aint goin nowhere
    That identity is already taken as well. I dont see the Snyder crowd surviving beyond the Snyder book. I can see them showing up in Tec but not anywhere else.

Fantastic Member

maybe they'll make a new batfamily book with them all together

All-New Member

double post

All-New Member

I think the famous project of "10 movies between 2016 and 2020" is involved in this they are expecting a new explosion of readers and they want to receive them with a simple to follow universe.

Normal people isn't disposed to read a long guide to know what they should read and of course they don't have the same taste for stories, for example somebody who watched "the dark knight" could find disagreeable Morrison's stories or Joker by Azarello or "The dark knight return" by Miller. They don't want to read that. There are exceptions but It's the case usually.

Real comic fans for example enjoy multi-verse events but a normal person could think it's confusing and annoying.

About designs I hope they'll get something from the Arkham games, the characters have great designs there.
    Last edited by Arkham; 01-24-2016 at 02:37 AM.

Spectacular Member

In the new 52 they had to condense the characters to fit the reduced timeline in which they had been active, Tim for example had never been Robin due to no room to have him between Jason and Damian as Bruce had only been Batman for a short while as he is now a younger character,

Do people honestly think Duke will be replacing Damian as Robin? Bruce removing his son from the Robin identity to give a new character the role, if this is any kind of reboot or even a fresh start of any description that is a major complication that just can't be told in a short space of time it would take years of continuity (that never happens) to get that through

There is no reason why Nightwing and Grayson fans can't be united in a book - same storylines, same creative team just change it to now and again throwing the mask on when it's an action scene and by a simple change of the title to something similar to Nightwing: Agent of Spyral, whilst they're at it they may as well make Spyral their own corner of the universe and take the likes of Red Hood and Red Robin who have always seemed so creatively stale and put them under Grayson and Helena within Spyral it may clear some of the Bat mess up and the opportunities are that vast, King and Seeley would have creative control over 50% of the family,

Harper, Duke, Cass, Azrael and Steph are complications a reboot/rebirth will struggle with as they're not as popular nor have as much history as the rest although they may get an opportunity if its just a relaunch of number 1's and new titles

Quote Originally Posted by Markov View Post
    Harper, Duke, Cass, Azrael and Steph are complications a reboot/rebirth will struggle with as they're not as popular nor have as much history as the rest although they may get an opportunity if its just a relaunch of number 1's and new titles
    You're joking, right?

I hope that doesn't happen, it will lead to DC loosing readers rather than adding them, the new 52 was a massive success but it lead to a lot of readers becoming estranged from DC. DC need to simplify the history, but I don't think eliminating characters is the right way to do that. There are lot of fans who are interested in Dick, Jason or Damien but if you concentrate on those characters alone you will drive away new readers who are interested in the same boring archetype.

To be honest I don't believe this reboot will be as extensive as many believe. I think it will be more like ANAD Marvel where the history of characters will not see any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Markov View Post
    In the new 52 they had to condense the characters to fit the reduced timeline in which they had been active, Tim for example had never been Robin due to no room to have him between Jason and Damian as Bruce had only been Batman for a short while as he is now a younger character,

Do people honestly think Duke will be replacing Damian as Robin? Bruce removing his son from the Robin identity to give a new character the role, if this is any kind of reboot or even a fresh start of any description that is a major complication that just can't be told in a short space of time it would take years of continuity (that never happens) to get that through

There is no reason why Nightwing and Grayson fans can't be united in a book - same storylines, same creative team just change it to now and again throwing the mask on when it's an action scene and by a simple change of the title to something similar to Nightwing: Agent of Spyral, whilst they're at it they may as well make Spyral their own corner of the universe and take the likes of Red Hood and Red Robin who have always seemed so creatively stale and put them under Grayson and Helena within Spyral it may clear some of the Bat mess up and the opportunities are that vast, King and Seeley would have creative control over 50% of the family,

So nightwing fans are doing all this crying over just a costune and name change? and jason and tim need to stay away from spyral and dick's world, there are already too many nightwings, we don't need them becoming grayson's also! let dick have his own world.

A Tim Drake Nightwing title perhaps? It doesn't make sense for DC to keep a solid 35k selling name on the bench, and Drake is a decently well known name (Batman: TAS, The Arkham games) in dire need of some purpose and direction if he's not going to become the next big death to fuel an event.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soldy View Post
    You're joking, right?
    they've all returned from hiatus in the last 12 months in a compressed timeline, they're not the characters from the 90's

Spectacular Member

apologies repeated post

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

A reboot would benefit many characters outside of the bat titles, but not the bat titles themselves, which are the best selling in DC. Because of this fact I doubt a line-wide reboot is possible. I mean Zero Year was a big hit and it's still just a baby, they won't undo that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwing37 View Post
    So nightwing fans are doing all this crying over just a costune and name change? and jason and tim need to stay away from spyral and dick's world, there are already too many nightwings, we don't need them becoming grayson's also! let dick have his own world.
    not all of them but I believe a percentage are as some haven't given it the chance it deserves and as far as quality he's finally been given some, the worst thing DC did was promote this as a spy book, he is and has been for the entire run been Nightwing, minus the costume and mask, it's the situation and not the character that has changed, Spyral has a character called The Hood he wears a costume no reason Dick Grayson Nightwing can't.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    That identity is already taken as well. I dont see the Snyder crowd surviving beyond the Snyder book. I can see them showing up in Tec but not anywhere else.
    It wouldn't be the first time in comics the same name is used for a completely different person. Given that is was DC who pushed Duke into the forefront with the 'WE ARE ROBIN" concept and not Snyder I think they will make room for him.

If Snyder uses them in Tec, other writers will use them once the exist in the Bat world. He have already said that he have future plans for them.

Plus it is not a reboot they are just starting renumbering the line with #1s and given that most fans have been happy the Batman part of the line I don't think there will be much changes/
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 01-24-2016 at 07:31 AM.