Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I hope Damian keeps his own book. I also hope Grayson stays.

As for Tim and Jason.....I hope they get books, but only with different writers. NOT LOBDELL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm not going to worry about anything until we get more details. It seems pretty pointless to get worked up about anything until we know more about what this relaunch entails.
    I do agree that it's useless to worry about anything until we have FACTS verified by DC.

But, boards like this are rampant with speculation based on drawings and rumors, and it's hard to stay calm, cool and collected when we're bombarded by all these unsubstantiated guesses.

(Maybe I need to avoid the CBR boards for a while.)

BANNED

-Move Red Hood and Grayson out and let them become fully their own characters.
    -Graduate Tim to Nightwing, Red Robin is pretty much a dead end thing.
    -Bring back Terry McGinnis as Batman Beyond.
    -Bring back Cass Cain as Batgirl

That is all

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond28 View Post
    Funny that you don't like Tim stealing Terry's mantle but want him to steal Dick's. Double funny since Dick was removed from the role of Nightwing because it was considered a dead end.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond28 View Post
    -Bring back Cass Cain as Batgirl

That is all
    Barbra grodon is not going anywhere
    She nearly has her own division in this batfamily

that last issue featuring Steph, and Harper, and Dinah returning soon. Bat girl will be kept on, and a birds of prey reboot will happen as she mentors all thease upcoming females on gotham
    Rikko and Cass included.

I'd rename Grayson to Dick Grayson: Nightwing but otherwise keep it more or less the same. I'd add Tim to Red Hood/Arsenal and make it a (larger) team book. Maybe throw in Steph or Cass as well. Move whoever is left over to Batgirl but keep Barbara as Batgirl. New creative on Catwoman (or cancel it and let it rest for a while). Relaunch Batman & Robin as an ongoing but keep Damien. He's still a kid after all.
    Last edited by mooch; 01-24-2016 at 12:30 PM.

The entire world knows that Dick is Nightwing after Forever Evil. He has no reason to wear the mask or call himself Nightwing, especially now that he has those eye implants that disguise his identity. Wearing a costume when he has them is sort of redundant.

Also Dick and Tim are no longer that close. The one Tim considers a brother is Jason now not Dick. So I think it would be out of place for Tim to take up Dick's old Nightwing identity given their lack of a relationship. He's be more likely to take up Red Hood or something.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Funny that you don't like Tim stealing Terry's mantle but want him to steal Dick's. Double funny since Dick was removed from the role of Nightwing because it was considered a dead end.
    It's not only the mantle it's also the setting and Support cast.

But anyway Tim needs something aside from the Titans in the present DCU, if they want to keep him relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The entire world knows that Dick is Nightwing after Forever Evil. He has no reason to wear the mask or call himself Nightwing, especially now that he has those eye implants that disguise his identity. Wearing a costume when he has them is sort of redundant.

Also Dick and Tim are no longer that close. The one Tim considers a brother is Jason now not Dick. So I think it would be out of place for Tim to take up Dick's old Nightwing identity given their lack of a relationship. He's be more likely to take up Red Hood or something.
    Regardless of how dumb a decision it would be, we know it's exactly the kind of decision that would be made. Like, there's no way the reason SeeKing has been teasing Nightwing stuff (mostly King, really) is probably because DC asked them to continue their story but with the Nightwing name to make things easier for everyone. I'm thinking the reason the Owls story is so out of place is precisely for that reason. I just hope that even if we do get a costume, it's blue instead of red, and that Dick never wears a mask. It's completely dumb, and unnecessary and a street-level hero without a mask is at least different from every other street-level hero out there, visually.

Also, Tim does still think of Dick as a brother, just one he mostly resents. Instead of worrying about measuring up to Bruce, he's always worrying about measuring up to Dick, which is actually a lot like Jason. Middle brothers stuff, so yeah. But the recent Robin-based stories have definitely made the 4 Robins to be relatively close brothers, with Jason, Tim, and Damian really looking up to Dick. Like, a lot. But yeah, I don't think Tim would want to be Nightwing (literally goes against the fact he's afraid of not being good enough).

tim should not become nightwing, the robin's need to become more different not the more the same.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

And yet that is exactly what Dick did on Titan's Hunt

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwing37 View Post
    tim should not become nightwing, the robin's need to become more different not the more the same.
    That's one of the reasons I want to see the cowl return to the Red Robin.

I do think that Tim could fill the quota for the Nightwing-esque solo series of they want that. There definitely seems to be a market for that. To me, he'd be the easiest fit for the journeyman vigilante series with a more mainstream bent, while Damian would be the fantastical series, Jason the throwback action series/buddy cop book, and Dick the espionage book.

I would still want the writer to have carte blanche to change Tim's status quo and past.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    And yet that is exactly what Dick did on Titan's Hunt
    Which was pretty bad. It just came out of nowhere.

Which was pretty bad. It just came out of nowhere.
    Not really, he is wearing his costume to remember and lure out Mr.Twister.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Not really, he is wearing his costume to remember and lure out Mr.Twister.
    Of course that he should be wearing his Robin costume for that.