Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I'd love to see Batgirl return to a more serious book, like when Gail Simone was writing it, but I think I'm in the minority Thing is I'd probably love Batgirl of Burnside if it was Steph in the suit. I just think it's an ill fit for Barbara. Tim Drake needs a soft reboot. He's a poor shade of his preboot self. Maybe a mini series focusing on developing his character and then stick him in a monthly with Jason.
    I'm right there with you, though I honestly wouldn't mind if Batgirl stayed as is and we got a new Birds of Prey book with Barbra, Steph, Cass, and Harper to go along side it.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'd love to see Batgirl return to a more serious book, like when Gail Simone was writing it, but I think I'm in the minority Thing is I'd probably love Batgirl of Burnside if it was Steph in the suit. I just think it's an ill fit for Barbara. Tim Drake needs a soft reboot. He's a poor shade of his preboot self. Maybe a mini series focusing on developing his character and then stick him in a monthly with Jason.
    I'd be happy with a Batgirl title that balances the two myself. Something with both lighthearted and serious stories would bring me back as a reader. I dropped Simone's book after about a year and a half and it only took a preview for me to decide not to bother with the "Batgirl of Burnside" after being excited at the prospect of the change.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Batgirl by Simone was really bad. Even if you're not totally happy with the current direction, it's at least written a lot better than the run before it. Also, the art is a 1000x better.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    That identity is already taken as well. I dont see the Snyder crowd surviving beyond the Snyder book. I can see them showing up in Tec but not anywhere else.

These characters will be around because one of the most popular writers for the company created them.

Quote Originally Posted by dick_wingnut View Post
    How is it any more or less useless than any other identity?

He just needs a good creative team.
    He does have a good creative team. And what they're doing is nothing short of amazing.

So, I'd like to see a Batwoman book come back. Only thing is I'd want it to be Rucka/JHWIII or Williams III/Blackman/with McCarthy sometimes, but we all know that's not happening.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'd love to see Batgirl return to a more serious book, like when Gail Simone was writing it, but I think I'm in the minority
    I'm really enjoying the current run, but Simone's take on the character is definitely my favorite. I would be all for the book returning to that direction once the current team finishes their run.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Batgirl by Simone was really bad. Even if you're not totally happy with the current direction, it's at least written a lot better than the run before it. Also, the art is a 1000x better.
    Both Batgirl and Starfire feel to me like the creatives involved went too far in the other direction and that's exactly what I don't like about either of those titles. Both of the feel extremely overdone to me. I'd much rather have the current cast of Batgirl in a more balanced situation were some stories are lighthearted as they are now and others are a bit more serious but still hopeful. That book I would read but the current one just doesn't do it for me. It's rather like going to a pizza place were they only offer you one type of pizza when what you want is a variety of them.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 01-26-2016 at 12:19 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Grayson will stay put, as is. He is a spy in that book and it suits him. Dick will be Nightwing in the Teen Titans book. Both camps are happy.

Arsenal will be moved over to the Titans.

Jason will go back to being a punisher-lite kind of vigilante. Not as extreme but in that same vein.

Damian will continue his own solo adventures but will also be Batman 's Robin.

All the young bat girls will be funneled into a Birds of Prey book.

Batgirl keeps her Burnside tone and feel.

Batwoman comes back, probably focused more on mystical crime again, to help differentiate her.

Duke becomes the new Batwing. That is unless DC makes Duke their go to Robin in the movies but, given how much focus Damian is pulling in the animated movies, I doubt it.

Julia sticks around and helps Bruce and Alfred. Probably being featured most often in Detective Comics.

Gotham PD gets their own book, lead by Gordon.

Suicide Squad is made to emulate The movie.

Harley Quinn keeps her unique tone. She will also get a buddy comic (a la Harley and Power Girl).

The new Deadshot gets his own solo.

Deathstroke will also he given his own book again.

The only character that is in question is Tim. No idea who or what he will be doing. Of all the Robins, he most of all suffers from middle child syndrome. He is often forgotten and left hanging. He needs a bold idea to be made relevant again.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 01-26-2016 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Grayson will stay put, as is. He is a spy in that book and it suits him. Dick will be Nightwing in the Teen Titans book. Both camps are happy.

Arsenal will be moved over to the Titans.

Jason will go back to being a punisher-lite kind of vigilante. Not as extreme but in that same vein.

Damian will continue his own solo adventures but will also be Batman 's Robin.

All the young bat girls will be funneled into a Birds of Prey book.

Batgirl keeps her Burnside tone and feel.

Batwoman comes back, probably focused more on mystical crime again, to help differentiate her.

Duke becomes the new Batwing. That is unless DC makes Duke their go to Robin in the movies but, given how much focus Damian is pulling in the animated movies, I doubt it.

Julia sticks around and helps Bruce and Alfred. Probably being featured most often in Detective Comics.

Gotham PD gets their own book, lead by Gordon.

Suicide Squad is made to emulate The movie.

Harley Quinn keeps her unique tone. She will also get a buddy comic (a la Harley and Power Girl).

The new Deadshot gets his own solo.

Deathstroke will also he given his own book again.

The only character that is in question is Tim. No idea who or what he will be doing. Of all the Robins, he most of all suffers from middle child syndrome. He is often forgotten and left hanging. He needs a bold idea to be made relevant again.
    I doubt that most of this will happen. Is this all wishful thinking or is this confirmed to happen?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    These characters will be around because one of the most popular writers for the company created them.
    Not really,they're just stand in characters because the writer couldn't or didn't want to use some other character. There is nothing appealing about them and WAR has been a sales flunk. Harper is being pushed for years and has nothing to show for it. The whole writer is popular so the character is something special is an illogical argument. No one reads Snyder's Batman for Duke and Harper,they're not one of the big attractions,not even close and nor do they have any significant contribution to the story.

Spectacular Member

My hopes are: Grayson - Stays the same, maybe take up a look more akin to his Pre52 costume. Maybe even take up the code name nightwing. I'd also like to see a black ops like JL team book with dick but that ain't happening

Batgirl - I hope the build for the new BoP pays off and it spins off into it's own Title

Detective Comics - I hope rumors hold up that Snyder is coming back to the title for smaller stories. Hope we get more stuff like Black Mirror

Red Hood/Red Robin - Both ditch their respective alliances and share a title not written by Lobdell

Robin - I hope to see more stuff pertaining to the Al Ghul family, it's interesting and helps Damian build his mythos

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I know its never gonna happen but what would be a dream come true: Geoff Johns on Batman! After Earth One and his script for Arkham Origins I'd really like to see him exploring the Batverse, not necessarily Bruce but all kinds of Gotham citizens/villains

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Not really,they're just stand in characters because the writer couldn't or didn't want to use some other character. There is nothing appealing about them and WAR has been a sales flunk. Harper is being pushed for years and has nothing to show for it. The whole writer is popular so the character is something special is an illogical argument. No one reads Snyder's Batman for Duke and Harper,they're not one of the big attractions,not even close and nor do they have any significant contribution to the story.
    Well honestly I say Duke in WAR is nothing like Duke as first introduced by Snyder. Cant really comment on Harper beyond her being oracle without having to get crippled first

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I know its never gonna happen but what would be a dream come true: Geoff Johns on Batman! After Earth One and his script for Arkham Origins I'd really like to see him exploring the Batverse, not necessarily Bruce but all kinds of Gotham citizens/villains
    WHAT? Geoff Johns has nothing to do with the script of this game.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2842418/..._ov_wr#writers
    That's why script for Arkham Origins is so cool. And Batman Earth One is just meh.

Amazing Member

In the re-launch I'd like to see Tim in his own book again. Maybe one that explores the brief relationship between him and Azrael in the recent issues of Eternal.

I would also like to see a book akin to the Batgilr: Future's End series, a new Birds of Prey essentially.

Amazing Member

I'd love a book similar to the show Gotham. One that covers all the other things going on in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I know its never gonna happen but what would be a dream come true: Geoff Johns on Batman!
    Dear god, PLEASE!!! NO!!!!