View Poll Results: Which one do you like the best?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alan Scott/Jay Garrick

20 11.24%
  • Hal Jordan/Barry Allen

78 43.82%
  • Kyle Rayner/Wally West

49 27.53%
  • Hal Jordan/Wally West

11 6.18%
  • John Stewart/Wally West

20 11.24%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Loved that issue. Good Silver Age style fun.

I can see them going with the Justice League War characterizations. The nerdy good cop and the hot shot arrogant cop.

That's awesome. I love watching that lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I don't know if I want them to use Hal's characterization from Justice League: War for the movie though. He seemed pretty incompetent at times there.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Objectively Hal and Barry is the standard. They were the first to have that partnership (Alan and Jay didn't really have a pronounced relationship until much afterwards, and much of it was done in response to Hal/Barry). There is just so much more material between the two and it actually means something in story.

Personally, there was just something really poetic about Hal and Wally. Kind of like Hal was the connection between Wally and the deceased Barry. If Hal and Barry were brothers, Hal was the uncle to Wally's nephew.

Hal/Barry takes the cake.
    Because unlike other duos, these two are inseperable. I've seen Wally with multiple GL's but Barry is Hal's BFF and nobody can be put there.

Who's Barry's best friend? Hal.
    Who's Wally's best friend? Dick. Justin. Chunk. theeeeeeeen Kyle. I loved their bickering but they never became as close as Hal and Barry for me.

Though I say, I love John and Wally's relationship more than him and Kyle. Even in comics, he becomes a great big brother to Wally. They should've expanded on that more. Wally wasn't jerk but more chipper around him which I adored most.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Were there any memorable Wally West/John Stewart team ups outside of the JL/JLU animated series? I can't remember one from the regular (old) DCU comics, and in any case, DCU Wally and John were not quite the same as their TV counterparts.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    They didn't "team up" but they spent a lot of time together by the time John was included in JLA. Wally acted a lot like his cartoon self around him, they played basketball together etc. And when Wally became father they were close friends.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Kyle & Wally are my favorite but I like Jay & Alan too,it was a tough vote

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Were there any memorable Wally West/John Stewart team ups outside of the JL/JLU animated series? I can't remember one from the regular (old) DCU comics, and in any case, DCU Wally and John were not quite the same as their TV counterparts.

I don't recall team ups, but they played off of each other quite nicely in Joe Kelly's JLA era. Made me wish to see more of that particular team up.

Barry Allen and Hal Jordan are my favorite Green lantern/Flash duo. Their personalities complement each other perfectly. They have great chemistry.
    Of course the other Flash/Green lantern duos are good combinations as well. The other duos can be good friends as well.
    Hal and Wally can be good friends regardless of their age difference, but Hal and Barry are a better duo. This is partly due to the fact that Barry is more psychologically mature than Wally due to Barry being older and more experienced than Wally.
    Hal may be more reckless and psychologically immature than Barry, but Barry's personality and friendship with Hal Jordan would help Hal to learn to think things through before charging into a situation. Hal would learn that the strategy of thinking before acting in a situation is more powerful than Hal would have thought otherwise. Barry would also help Hal to learn to act more mature when Hal needs to.
    I haven't read much of Wally West and Hal Jordan's friendship, but I would think that Wally and Hal would be more of a big brother/little brother relationship.

From what I have read in a storyline when Wally (as Kid Flash) lost his superspeed due to a Black Hand/Mirror Master team up in the pre-52 universe, Hal somehow turned Wally into a Green Lantern. Hal and Wally did have some good chemistry in that issue, but Hal also forgot to tell Wally about the GL ring's weakness to the color yellow. This nearly cost a helicopter crew their lives when Wally tried to use a GL construct to catch a falling helicopter...but the helicopter in question happened to be yellow in color. Fortunately Wally used a large piece of the street below to catch the helicopter in midair.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melwicker View Post
    From what I have read in a storyline when Wally (as Kid Flash) lost his superspeed due to a Black Hand/Mirror Master team up in the pre-52 universe, Hal somehow turned Wally into a Green Lantern. Hal and Wally did have some good chemistry in that issue, but Hal also forgot to tell Wally about the GL ring's weakness to the color yellow. This nearly cost a helicopter crew their lives when Wally tried to use a GL construct to catch a falling helicopter...but the helicopter in question happened to be yellow in color. Fortunately Wally used a large piece of the street below to catch the helicopter in midair.
    That was from Waid's Brave and the Bold IIRC. Those were some pretty fun stories that mainly showed how great Hal and Barry's friendship is.

Hal and Barry by far, when I think of a GL/Flash team up, this is pretty much the only one I can think of
    Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share -- I'll never stop fighting. Ever.
    -Superman, Action Comics #775

BANNED

Hal and Barry, to me they are not only a great duo but great friends. If the rumors of DC making a Flash and Green Lantern Brave and the Bold movie, i'd be all on board with that as long as it's Hal and Barry.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I must admit than depiste the classic takes I liked more the bickering between Kyle and Wally (and the fact than they worked well together) than the instand friendship of the more classic team-ups.
    Wholeheartedly agree.

Hal and Barry

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Hal and Barry

Astonishing Member

DC never put the emphasis on any other Flash/GL combination like it did on Barry/Hal, and I believe it's because those two have a unique and compelling interpersonal chemistry. The other combinations worked fine and offered their own distinct dynamics, but none seemed to have the same spark as when Barry and Hal teamed up.

this. exactly.