View Poll Results: What are your 5 essential DC comics after the ones listed below?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legion Of Super-Heroes

38 41.76%
  • Martian Manhunter

20 21.98%
  • Cyborg

22 24.18%
  • Shazam

42 46.15%
  • Justice League International (old school style)

23 25.27%
  • Young Justice (third generation characters: Red Robin, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, etc)

26 28.57%
  • Birds Of Prey

27 29.67%
  • Superman family book

16 17.58%
  • Supergirl

36 39.56%
  • Superboy

19 20.88%
  • Batman family book

34 37.36%
  • Nightwing/Grayson

39 42.86%
  • Red Robin

15 16.48%
  • Justice League Dark (or some kind of magic character team book)

28 30.77%
  • Constantine

10 10.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DC Rebirth poll - What are YOUR essential comics for the new line-up?

So I thought it might be a good idea to poll what books people want from DC's new line-up of books in this supposed 'Rebirth'.
    I personally hope that DC slims down its line to 25-30 book maximum, in order that those books can be the highest quality.
    Now, because the maximum number of options for a poll is 15, let's assume that DC will obviously keep the following books going, as most are an essential part of DC, are currently doing well enough, or have movies/TV shows to go with them:

1) Superman
    2) Action Comics
    3) Batman
    4) Detective Comics
    5) Wonder Woman
    6) The Flash
    7) Green Lantern
    8) Justice League
    9) Aquaman
    10) Green Arrow
    11) Suicide Squad
    12) Harley Quinn
    13) Teen Titans
    14) Batman/Superman
    15) Batgirl

So, from the above 15 options, what would be the books you consider the next most essential?
    Limit your choices to 5, to make this interesting.
    And if your choice isn't listed, that's because the poll can have 15 choices max. Add in your choice below!
    Last edited by Cowtools; 01-23-2016 at 11:54 PM.

I want to see how they handle Titans/Young Justice in the relaunch. Is it too much to hope for this lineup for the Titans?

I'm also rooting for Poison Ivy and Midnighter to continue/survive into the relaunch (though don't know how likely that is in Midnighter's case).

Incredible Member

What they should have:
    -Supergirl
    -Cyborg
    -Shazam
    -Batman/Superman
    -Legends of Tomorrow

(Basically anything that's getting exposure in other media).

What I'd personally want:
    -Cyborg
    -Shazam
    -Legion of Superheroes
    -Justice League Dark
    -Green Lantern Corps

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I voted for:

Birds of Prey(Batgirl & Black Canary w/Vixen, Black Orchid, or Phantom Lady)
    Shazam
    Justice League Dark

Add ins:

Earth 2
    Hawkman
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Mighty Member

I'm hoping for GLC, Shazam, LOSH, Superboy, Hawkman/Hawkgirl.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Birds of Prey
    Batman (not really about the family more to do with Batman himself really)

What we'll get for sure:

Action Comics
    Aquaman
    Batman
    Cyborg
    Detective Comics
    The Flash
    Green Arrow
    Green Lantern (or Green Lantern Corps)
    Harley Quinn
    Justice League
    Suicide Squad
    Superman
    Wonder Woman

Books we'll probably be getting:

Batgirl
    Batman / Superman
    Catwoman
    Constantine
    Deathstroke
    Earth 2 (of some sort)
    Grayson
    Harley Quinn (another ongoing)
    Teen Titans (or some variation of)

Books I'd personally like to see continue as they are now:

Black Canary
    Gotham Academy
    Martian Manhunter
    Midnighter
    Robin: Son of Batman
    We Are Robin

Books I'd like to see them add:

Red Hood (no Outlaws, just Jason Todd flying solo......but only if written by someone other than Lobdell)
    Red Robin (Tim's own ongoing to redeem the character after the hack job he went through under Lobdell)
    Bart Allen ongoing (either as Impulse or Kid Flash...again, to redeem to character from what Lobdell did to him)
    Superboy (another attempt to get a Kon solo book right, after Lobdell ruined him)
    Young Justice (a team book with Damian Wayne and other young heroes, separate from Teen Titans)

"Wish" List:

Dick as Nightwing back in a Vegas/Atlantic City-like Bludhaven -- occasionally teaming with Zatanna -- and fighting the likes of the Royal Flush Gang.

A New Justice League Dark, that's more like an actually JL team, but focuses on the supernatural/occult -- led by Batwoman (the "Vamp"), with Frankenstein (the Monster), Deadman (the Ghost), Xanadu (the "Witch"), Etrigan (the Demon), and Nina Mazursky (the Black Lagoon-ish Creature).

All-New Member

I love the idea of a third generation heroes book, especially since Young Justice is one of my favorite series of all time. But the three main characters, Superboy, Kid Flash/Impulse, and Robin/Red Robin are all so mired in bad continuity they'd need a major reboot. I feel like Young Justice is one of those one-time things that will never have the same magic and work again. Especially now since the original title has been tainted by the animated series (which I personally dislike). I'm afraid they'd try to build a "Young Justice" ongoing more similar to the popular animated show to appeal to those fans than the original series (which makes since from a marketing perspective) and that's definitely not what I want.

Original style JLI is also one of my favorite things and something I'd in theory like to see the return of but I love JL3001 too much and I'd like to see that series pan out and continue to let Giffen and DeMatteis do whatever crazy things they'd like with it, especially since it does have a JLI-bent to it.

All-New Member

I love the idea of a third generation heroes book, especially since Young Justice is one of my favorite series of all time. But the three main characters, Superboy, Kid Flash/Impulse, and Robin/Red Robin are all so mired in bad continuity they'd need a major reboot. I feel like Young Justice is one of those one-time things that will never have the same magic and work again. Especially now since the original title has been tainted by the animated series (which I personally dislike). I'm afraid they'd try to build a "Young Justice" ongoing more similar to the popular animated show to appeal to those fans than the original series (which makes since from a marketing perspective) and that's definitely not what I want.

Original style JLI is also one of my favorite things and something I'd in theory like to see the return of but I love JL3001 too much and I'd like to see that series pan out and continue to let Giffen and DeMatteis do whatever crazy things they'd like with it, especially since it does have a JLI-bent to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    "Wish" List:

Dick as Nightwing back in a Vegas/Atlantic City-like Bludhaven -- occasionally teaming with Zatanna -- and fighting the likes of the Royal Flush Gang.
    Drawn by Darwyn Cooke, perhaps..? :-)

A New Justice League Dark, that's more like an actually JL team, but focuses on the supernatural/occult -- led by Batwoman (the "Vamp"), with Frankenstein (the Monster), Deadman (the Ghost), Xanadu (the "Witch"), Etrigan (the Demon), and Nina Mazursky (the Black Lagoon-ish Creature).
    I actually want to see a new Books of Magick, with Dr. Fate, Zatanna, Constantine and Madame Xanadu training Amethyst (under Dr. Fate), Traci 13 (under Zatanna), Tim Hunter (under Constantine) and Gypsy (under Madame Xanadu).
    But I like your idea, too.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Cyborg should have put under the OP's "sure shot" list, since he's going to be in the Justice League film, his own solo film, and supposedly cameo in Superman/Batman. Supergirl should have been too.

So I voted for those two, and then three others that I think DC needs for variety.

Legion. Cyborg. Supergirl. Constantine. Grayson.

Science fantasy in the distant future? Great concept, long overdue for a honest overhaul and relaunch. Constantine? Not a fan of the Vertigo-less version but he's the best, most varied magic character on the list. And Grayson needs to continue to explore the dark and twisted mysteries of DC's spy networks.

On a personal level, I'd like to see Hawkgirl, Vibe, and Animal Man/Swamp Thing get titles as well as a return of Dial H (that'll never happen). And I want to see stuff like Midnighter, Black Canary, Omega Men, and Martian Manhunter continue. DC has a pretty versatile bench; no reason to focus on capes and spandex superheroes when you have characters like Detective Chimp out there.

That's really all I want. Give me some smart, well conceived titles that run the spectrum; I love the sort of small ball, indie-vibe titles like Batgirl and Canary, big high concept books like Multiversity, weird stuff like Dial H, standard superheroics like Action Comics or Batman.....horror like Swamp Thing.....I like it all, if its done well.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Gimmie Steve Orlando on an Authority book, please. And I wouldn't mind him on a Superman or Batman title either. Really, he'd probably be my favorite preferred writer for Batman/Superman.
    Buh-bye

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Legion
    Supergirl
    Hellblazer
    Cyborg
    Grayson

We could see what Animal Man is up to, but I'd prefer it a bit removed from the Red concept. A Mera mini by Jeff Parker!
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-24-2016 at 02:12 PM.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Martian Manhunter doesn't need a new book. It just needs more people to read the current book, which is both crazy and awesome. It's the gonzo imaginative comic that people often say they want, but never read because: 1) Batman's not in it; 2) Geoff Johns isn't writing it; 3) It requires a bit of an attention span.

Constantine is quite good at present, too. It's not Hellblazer, but it's solid stuff.
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 01-24-2016 at 09:58 PM.