Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCL. PREVIEWS: "Captain Marvel" #2 Pages and More From Marvel

Wind down the weekend with new "Captain Marvel" #2 pages by Kris Anka plus a Phil Jimenez variant cover, and a look at ""Avengers: Standof."

Full article here.

Can't wait for Captain Marvel #2. Issue #1 was one of the best first issues I've read out of ANAD. Looks like the Agent Carter show runners transitioned to comics fairly well and that Anka art was fantastic.
    Last edited by SlimeBeherit; 01-24-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Every thing was perfect. Looking so fowrd issue 2! Also what an awesome variant by Phil!
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

BANNED

Saiz' work looks very clean. Not enough to get me to buy the new Steve-Cap book though.

Loving that Captain Marvel #2 Variant quite a lot. Actually I'm really loving Captain Marvel. I think Butters and Fazekas have a long career in comics ahead them. At least, I hope so!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

If Phil Jimenez was doing interiors I'd pick this up. The Kris Anka art is too cartoony for me.

This variant has sold me on the new haircut. Looks incredible.

BANNED

Good; can't wait for issue 2 so that we can fill in the words.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeBeherit View Post
    Can't wait for Captain Marvel #2. Issue #1 was one of the best first issues I've read out of ANAD. Looks like the Agent Carter show runners transitioned to comics fairly well and that Anka art was fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy
    Every thing was perfect. Looking so fowrd issue 2! Also what an awesome variant by Phil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seren[/QUOTE
    Loving that Captain Marvel #2 Variant quite a lot. Actually I'm really loving Captain Marvel. I think Butters and Fazekas have a long career in comics ahead them. At least, I hope so!
    I'm adding my voice to this chorus. It was a perfect first issue. Both exposition and introductions of characters were smooth. Dialogue read natural and the "voices" of each character came across believable and authentic. I would've preferred Marvel kept on David Lopez, but Kris Anka's art was slick and his storytelling was effective.

And it sounds like other people liked it, too:
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingCool.com
    Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 24th January 2016
    Also worth noting that Captain Marvel’s new #1 sold better than any issue of her old series did.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/...ats-star-wars/

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

It truly was the perfect first issue. Amazing work, both in art and writing.

Great preview for Captain Marvel #2. I really enjoyed the first issue. Loved the new dynamics between Carol and Alpha Flight. Not quite as good as her dynamics with Groot and Rocket Raccoon, but close enough.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Like the previews. Captain Marvel 1 was a good issue so I'm looking forward to getting issue 2, especially to find out more about that mystery ship at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Don't jinx it!

Looks like Brand was smiling in that last panel. Truly are the horrors unfolding upon us.
    I've seen things you posters wouldn't believe. Ad-spammers aflame off the shoulder of
    rec.arts.sf.written. I watched cancel posts glitter in the ether near the usenet gateway.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like beer in the rain. Time to unsubscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by snark^ View Post
    Looks like Brand was smiling in that last panel. Truly are the horrors unfolding upon us.
    This post made me smile.
    I tip my hat to you, snark^