Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unfinishedsentenc View Post
    My favorites are easily Return of the Joker then Under the Red Hood (which I think came out right after DK–or maybe before, I can't be sure). And the latter is probably only second favorite because Hamill didn't return to voice Joker and the fact that I felt Black Mask could've been handled better. But the relationship between Todd and Bruce was just so amazingly, heartbreakingly well-written! Seriously, I remember almost tearing up at the part where Jason says he was never mad at Bruce for not saving him, but rather for allowing the person who took his son away from him to continue to live. It's just a really good movie, at least to my recollection.

And Return of the Joker has perfect, spot-on writing for all characters and perfectly describes the relationship between Bruce and Joker to me. It also has probably one of the most intense, horrifying scenes I've ever seen in an animated movie meant for kids. I still kind of get chills when I think about it.
    While Under the Red Hood is certainly better than a lot of the other animated movies the only thing I like about it is the flashback ending (the last minute).There's some build-up and it works fine but for me Jason (the resurrected one) is a joke that started in Hush and went on too long. I get why other people like him and there are moments he shines but for me it stops with that. ROTJ is much better and I'd say together with Mask of the Phantasm and TheDarkKnightReturns adaption we got really lucky. There's no need to dillute the strong reputation with another halfheartedly put together movie every few months DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfinishedsentenc View Post
    Well, that's just not true. I think you meant that they don't have much development or poignancy, instead of not needing it. Because, trust me, there's always room for improvement. People once thought the same thing about Mr. Freeze and Riddler, and now look at them. So that's just a lack of creativity there. Plus, the comical death thing is exactly what I'm against; killing off characters just cuz. It indicates a severe wanting in imagination and story-telling chops, effectively clarioning that you (the writer) can't do anything else with the character, so you just treat them like expendable story trash, without any respect to what has been or what could have been. I can write you a detailed analysis that digs into the psyche and potential of each of the characters you listed, and describe to you what they represent and how they can comment on reality and the pressures of today's growing era of senseless violence.

Because the characters themselves aren't bad. The writers are.
    That last line is pure gold.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics