View Poll Results: Which Flash run was better: Waid or Johns?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mark Waid

48 70.59%
  • Geoff Johns

20 29.41%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Bates' tenure on THE FLASH also represents the final run of the title before the era of the inane Barry/Wally divide engendered by Barry's unnecessary death in CRISIS and subsequent replacement by Wally.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    My recent (mostly fun) initiation into the world of Flash has definitely been a somewhat confused on. Reading "Rebirth"...it can be at times frustratingly hard to keep track of the Flashes, and I can't help but wonder if overall this part of the Universe could do with some uncluttering.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    My recent (mostly fun) initiation into the world of Flash has definitely been a somewhat confused on. Reading "Rebirth"...it can be at times frustratingly hard to keep track of the Flashes, and I can't help but wonder if overall this part of the Universe could do with some uncluttering.
    That's because Rebirth does a terrible job at this (or pretty much everything else).

Go Waid, than Johns first run, then (if you must) Rebirth. But I'd say, skip to Manapul/Buccelato new 52 run.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    That's because Rebirth does a terrible job at this (or pretty much everything else).

Go Waid, than Johns first run, then (if you must) Rebirth. But I'd say, skip to Manapul/Buccelato new 52 run.
    Picked these up today:

and

fl.jpg

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

There's a good, classic recap of Barry Allen's Flash career (Post-COIE perspective, though Pre-REBIRTH) in the curiously overlooked LIFE STORY OF THE FLASH (by Mark Waid, though "Iris Allen" got the fictitious byline) from 1997. It covers very little new ground, but is a good primer for Barry's Silver/Bronze Age career as the Flash if it isn't practical to collect the entire Silver and Bronze Age run. In many ways, LIFE STORY is the definitive single-volume work on the life, career, and personality of Barry Allen, at least before REBIRTH rewrote his story.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

I finished Rebirth today. The art was excellent imo, the story...I'm still a little confused. I did like Johns' early run.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Bates' tenure on THE FLASH also represents the final run of the title before the era of the inane Barry/Wally divide engendered by Barry's unnecessary death in CRISIS and subsequent replacement by Wally.
    I don't know if I'd say it was really "unnecessary". Barry's story had become a bit out-of-touch towards the end of his original run, and his death was a symbolic one, since it was Barry who, to many, signified the start of the Silver Age and who was the first to encounter the Multiverse with Flash of Two Worlds. I think his death was very signifigant that way, and it was another of those MAJOR deaths showing that CoIE was indeed a truly different story (at least at that period of time).
    And the introduction of Wally as his legacy replacement was also a significant move to show how the new post-CoIE DC Universe was different. He was carrying on a mantle, not just a new face using an old name for copyright protection or something like that.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Picked these up today:

and

fl.jpg
    Great books!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Great books!
    Really psyched to read them. I picked these up, too.

The Flash Vol 2 # 136-159

and

Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

I voted for Johns but you can't go wrong with either: excellent stories involving the real Wally West who as far as I'm concerned is the one true Flash.

Really psyched to read them. I picked these up, too.

The Flash Vol 2 # 136-159

and

Sweet! Really cool comics
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

I just started reading #95 with Waid and LaRocca and immediately I'm smiling and loving this ride. You were all sooo right. Many thanks, I know where to come when I need reccomendations.

I just started reading #95 with Waid and LaRocca and immediately I'm smiling and loving this ride. You were all sooo right. Many thanks, I know where to come when I need reccomendations.
    You're welcome

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    You're welcome
    You rule, dude.

I'm seriously thinking about picking this one up:

Fl5.jpg

You rule, dude.

I'm seriously thinking about picking this one up:

Fl5.jpg
    They're all good. Pick up the Dark Flash saga and Chain Lightning too if you can

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I *insist* (as far as I can on the Internet) that you find and acquire one of these, if possible:

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014