Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Default Omega Men #8 preview

http://www.avclub.com/article/exclus...p-forbi-231213

Nice touch with showing their pasts and work building has been solid throughout the series.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Really looking forward to this issue.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

This issue was a blast. King did a very great job at flashing out the background of the characters as well as political world in just one issue. Kyle's moment was great and that last page was pure feels. Extremely well done.

Always Rakzo

Solid. There was some pretty good worldbuilding here, I really like when King explores other civilizations.

I still feel like the whole religious angle for Kyle is pretty forced but fortunately is not as obtrusive as in previous chapters.

Good issue. As if things weren't heavy enough...

Very glad this series wasn't cut short.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Well, that explains the whole genocide bit about DOC on the wanted poster.

Wow -- that just turned things up to eleven. Really grim, but really well done. What a dilemma for Kyle.

Strong stuff. I think everything is now pretty clear or I'm forgetting something?

Man, King is crafting something special here. Not a big fan of Kyle suddenly being religious but it goes along with the themes in the story. The power and sometimes danger of symbols, traditions, religion, tribalism, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFalcon182 View Post
    Nice touch with showing their pasts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Solid. There was some pretty good worldbuilding here,
    I still feel like the whole religious angle for Kyle is pretty forced but fortunately is not as obtrusive as in previous chapters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Good issue. As if things weren't heavy enough...
    Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Well, that explains the whole genocide bit about DOC on the wanted poster.
    Yes x 4!

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Strong stuff. I think everything is now pretty clear or I'm forgetting something?
    It really, AND FINALLY, answered "Why do the Omega Men need Kyle Rayner?" but to be honest, as clearer as things got, Kyle answer as to whether he was agreeing to play terrorist and detonate his Ring ended up muddled to me. Was it a yes, no, or wait and see?

Review.
    OmegaMen-08-Cover.jpg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Yes x 4!

as clearer as things got, Kyle answer as to whether he was agreeing to play terrorist and detonate his Ring ended up muddled to me. Was it a yes, no, or wait and see?

OmegaMen-08-Cover.jpg
    I don't think Kyle knows what he's going to do yet, it's not an easy decision.

This series is so great, I can't wait to see how things will play out. I loved seeing the back story to the characters in this issue, some powerful stuff, the Scrapps and Doc stuff especially. I wonder if she knows what Doc did.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Yeah, I don't think Kyle knows what he's going to do either but I can't wait to see what he ultimately decides to do. Overall I thought this was great issue full of depth and powerful character moments.

Man, this is such a great series so I'm sad its ending so soon.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by space Gandalf View Post
    This series is so great, I can't wait to see how things will play out. I loved seeing the back story to the characters in this issue, some powerful stuff, the Scrapps and Doc stuff especially. I wonder if she knows what Doc did.
    I think she does. Everyone seams aware who is responsible fore genocide so it would be weird if Doc could just brush it aside with "oh hey, was just wandering around and found you, real story" argument.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Another great issue. The reasons The Omega Men need Kyle really amped things up for the series. DOC's backstory was chilling.

Saw something on Reddit asking why the ring was green in the beginning of the series but white the other times. Was it a coloring error? I don't know much about Lanterns but someone suggested it's because the white ring can tap into all the colors. Someone care to elaborate for me?