Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lucifer

i dont understand why his name is Lucifer Morning Star.
    Lucifer MEANS Morning Star.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    After people call you that for a couple of millenia, you just accept that there are things people do you can't change.

Also, Lucifer means Bringer Of Light, which is generally believed to refer to the mornong star AKA the planet Venus.
    In any universe in which Lucifer is real, it's the Morning Star that is named after him, as he's been around for aeons longer.
    Last edited by Carabas; 02-03-2016 at 12:51 AM.

I like Mazikeen a lot, and she got to do more this episode. I know I shouldn't expect it to be like the comics, but I do want to get some flashbacks so we can see her join up with Lucifer and what her deal is. Having them all just refer to Hell and all the otherworldly stuff without seeing it is no fun. Although things like Lucifer messing with people in the intro is amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    She'll probably turn out to be an angel or some other supernatural being.
    Maybe her father was and she has a mortal mother and doesn't even realize it.

I know it would never happen but I'd love to see Matt Ryan's Constantine drop by the club.

I've been enjoying this show. I don't think it's quite as good as Supergirl, but it has been a lot of fun. I'm not too familiar with the comic either. I don't think this show tries to cater too much to the comics. It just has a solid concept, making one of the most irredeemable characters in history a likable, intriguing character. Everything from his attitude to his wit is undeniably charming. I think this show has a lot going for it and I hope it continues to evolve.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I knew that this would be nothing like the comic, with its "devil as detective cop drama" premise, but I tuned in anyway just to see. It's as bad I thought it would be - Lucifer as "charming rapscallion" - the actor is soooooo corny with his "I'm such a naughty boy" schtick. And the model/detective who "used to be an actress" so we can believe why this cop looks like a model. I'll still watch because I'll always need shows I can put on while I'm doing other things and I am curious to see where the larger storyline is going. It remains to be seen if that larger storyline will keep me interested enough to overlook the other stuff.

One aspect to the whole premise that I don't know if they've touched upon, but what about the fact that Lucifer is actually around good people for the first time in millennia? He's experienced the worst of humanity for so long, but now he gets to see the good as well. That could be part of the reason for him changing, but they seem to focus only on that hot cop.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-22-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I like Mazikeen a lot, and she got to do more this episode. I know I shouldn't expect it to be like the comics, but I do want to get some flashbacks so we can see her join up with Lucifer and what her deal is. Having them all just refer to Hell and all the otherworldly stuff without seeing it is no fun. Although things like Lucifer messing with people in the intro is amusing.
    Maybe her father was and she has a mortal mother and doesn't even realize it.
    She was a one demon wrecking crew in this episode. Enjoyed the hell out of Lucifer reciting which bones were being broken by their sounds. Also was this the first time they showed what she really looks like when they showed her reflection in the mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I miss Constantine. I don't need this to be Constantine 2.0 with DB Woodside playing the role of Harold Perrineau.
    Hey, if Flash can appear on "Supergirl" and Constantine can appear on "Arrow"..... JC would be a natural fit for a guest shot on this series. (and it would be funny if they followed up on Ollie's mention of Constantine literally being in Hell) But yeah, then they'd have to acknowledge that "Lucifer" shares a world with super-powered metas which would not work for the show they've created.

All-New Member

I love this show, but would like to see more of the supernatural coming into play. Hope it gets renewed for a further series!

BANNED

This show is so much more entertaining than Constantine, it's not even a contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Humbert Humbert
    Major Major
    Bob Roberts
    Jack-Jack
    Richie Rich
    . . . and so on

Astonishing Member

I agree that they need to up the supernatural a touch. So far Lucifer has not really manifested anything beyond being charming. He gets folks to spill the beans - well, Columbo did that a long time ago. He is strong but not that strong. The vulnerability - not to keen on that. I guess it is so he could be shot as Asm. wants and that might lead to some fun. He needs to do a little ghost busting or something beyond crime stopping in fairly classic weird sidekick mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I agree that they need to up the supernatural a touch. So far Lucifer has not really manifested anything beyond being charming. He gets folks to spill the beans - well, Columbo did that a long time ago. He is strong but not that strong. The vulnerability - not to keen on that. I guess it is so he could be shot as Asm. wants and that might lead to some fun. He needs to do a little ghost busting or something beyond crime stopping in fairly classic weird sidekick mode.
    Yeah, when his wings went missing, the show started to get interesting. But they resolved that in 2 episodes, and now its back to status quo, and remarkably boring again.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Yeah, when his wings went missing, the show started to get interesting. But they resolved that in 2 episodes, and now its back to status quo, and remarkably boring again.
    I loved this show when it first started, but now I am starting to lose interest. It just seems more of the same each week no real growth in any of the characters. About the only change is Lucifer seems to be turning into a mortal. And I would have preferred Lucifer remain invulnerable and maybe take on his true appearance a little more often. Not sure where they are going with this or what the point is.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i like the show.

i loved last week's ep when he bonded with that priest and how upset lucifer got when he died.

Incredible Member

Its turning into a great show with usually events and interesting story lines